• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

I'm in contact with my opponent. We're hammering out a time right now. It may be, that I have to out of state though, in that event, I'll PM you, firestorm.

Jiggy

That gets us to 19-9 on shutouts for this first round. Can the other 38 matches turn things around somehow, or is this the round of one-sided dominance?

Also, I'm really happy Smashville is moving up the ranks, considering that it's, you know, the fairest stage in the game. >_>

Acerac

Banned
Good games. Your ROB really had me shaken at first, but thankfully I just managed to survive a lot of near deaths and pull ahead. I was actually considering using ROB myself, but decided it would be too frustrating with the lag. The Olimar match was fun too, first good olimar I've been able to play.

We should play more some time, you have some neat strategies. :)

*Edit*

I think I'm supposed to post these

First match: Acerac(Kirby) vs usea(ROB) on Yoshi's island
Second match: Acerac(Kirby) vs usea(Olimar) on Smashville

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:
That gets us to 19-9 on shutouts for this first round. Can the other 38 matches turn things around somehow, or is this the round of one-sided dominance?

Also, I'm really happy Smashville is moving up the ranks, considering that it's, you know, the fairest stage in the game. >_>

Wait what. My bracket says there's 43 matches left.

Edit: Never mind. I missed SuperAngelo's win, but other than that it's because my program counts the second round matches that could theoretically start as "in progress" as well. Jeez that was confusing.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Just waiting to hear back from Dreavus on when he's free tonight. I'll post our results as soon as we have our matches :)

Teknoman

Still waiting for Kioku to give a time for the fight. Also I guess I need to PM the 3 other people im fighting in the other item tourny.

vertopci

I PMed my opponent. Was that all I had to do?

For the first stage, it said Firestorm will decide level...does he PM us or did he post what everyone should pick in this thread?

Teknoman

vertopci said:
I PMed my opponent. Was that all I had to do?

For the first stage, it said Firestorm will decide level...does he PM us or did he post what everyone should pick in this thread?

He posted at the front of the topic. Yoshi's Island I believe.

el jacko said:
sent a pm to that guy I'm playing, sixstringpsycho

haven't received a response, but that's probably because I sent it like five seconds ago.
I still havent received one of you yet. I pmed you bout 3 days ago, added you to my Friend List and no confirmation of you adding me yet.

Jiggy

I'm not sure whether I should be bothered by how I'm probably more distraught over some of you having communication issues with your opponents than you probably are yourselves, because it means I can't record more statistics. D:

Firestorm

My priority is to sub matches where both players didn't respond so as to avoid too many headaches next time in winner's bracket. And replace people like TJ Spyke who have their PMs disabled... Don't worry. I'm keeping track of who's active and they will move on if there's no sub to take the place of their opponent.

Teknoman

Results time:

Teknoman vs Revenant Kioku
Match 1: Tek (Lucario) Kioku ( Jigglypuff)
Result: Tek wins
Replay: I forgot to save it, so no can do.

Match 2: Tek (Pkmn Trainer) Kioku (Jigglypuff)
Area: Game and Watch 2
Replay: View Replay Here

So now what?

EDIT: Texas ---> Japan battle wasnt as laggy as I thought it would be.
EDIT 2: Jigglypuff's roll is insane, no wonder people like to play with em! :D

Costanza

Banned
bran (winner) vs Costanza

Match 1

Costanza (Kirby) vs bran (Marth)
Winner: bran

Match 2

Stage: Final Destination
Winner: Costanza

Match 3

Stage: Shadow Moses Island
Winner: bran

JSnake

Teknoman said:
Results time:

Teknoman vs Revenant Kioku
Match 1: Tek (Lucario) Kioku ( Jigglypuff)
Replay: I forgot to save it, so no can do.

Match 2: Tek (Pkmn Trainer) Kioku (Jigglypuff)
Area: Game and Watch 2
Replay: Availible in a bit.

So now what?

EDIT: Texas ---> Japan battle wasnt as laggy as I thought it would be.
EDIT 2: Jigglypuff's roll is insane, no wonder people like to play with em! :D

I'm your next opponent. :)

Bloodwake

Well, I'm supposed to play with Dr. Hadji, but he isn't online yet...

I might have gotten the dates wrong though. Whoops, fucked up.

Got in touch with Mii, tried to play, but weren't able to connect to each other. We'll try again tomorrow when he's on a different internet connection.

What happens if we're not able to get it working, though? Double disqualification? Paired up with other people?

Jiggy

Honestly, I've never once had success with Jigglypuff's Rollout in Brawl. Not saying it's weaker than Melee, because I don't think that's true (except in the sense that the entire game is designed to let you live to higher percentages than Melee), but just that it's never worked for me. It's odd hearing a bunch of other Puff players somehow managing to make it work. >_>

SuperAndroid17 said:
So am I getting an sub/opponent ? Gamer@Heart has not responded at all

Getting kinda frustrated

sent PMs already

don't worry, you won't be getting out of the second round anyway

what I lack in skill I make up in crappy trash talk

Jiggy37 said:
Honestly, I've never once had success with Jigglypuff's Rollout in Brawl. Not saying it's weaker than Melee, because I don't think that's true (except in the sense that the entire game is designed to let you live to higher percentages than Melee), but just that it's never worked for me. It's odd hearing a bunch of other Puff players somehow managing to make it work. >_>

I definitely feel a huge nerf for Jigglypuff, but rollout still owns. Just start charging it up while shes in the air

funkmastergeneral said:
don't worry, you won't be getting out of the second round anyway

what I lack in skill I make up in crappy trash talk

I definitely feel a huge nerf for Jigglypuff, but rollout still owns. Just start charging it up while shes in the air
I don't think she got nerfed too much. She got nurfed as much as Marth did.

Teknoman

JSnake said:
I'm your next opponent. :)

Gotcha, actually I might already have your friend code from launch day :lol
Lemme upload this replay (only managed to get the final fight). Are we supposed to fight today, or do we have to wait?

Teknoman said:
Gotcha, actually I might already have your friend code from launch day :lol
Lemme upload this replay (only managed to get the final fight). Are we supposed to fight today, or do we have to wait?

Huh? Am I just reading the bracket wrong? I thought I would be Teknoman's next opponent.

Teknoman

DeceitDecide said:
Huh? Am I just reading the bracket wrong? I thought I would be Teknoman's next opponent.

Wait who won out of you two? I think I have to fight the winner since I won the match between me and R.Kioku.

Top Bottom