• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Suck to PSN and PSP (Now with shit netcode)

i didn't even know. sounds like the PSP compilation that got a japan umd release some time ago.

They are. The difference is that Americans will not pay 40-50 bucks like the Japanese will, so they spread em out as 2-3 dollar minis which is a lot more stomachable due to people getting what they want. I applaud SNKP on this move.

Though they need to make them a part of NeoGeo Station....

darklagoon7

Neo Member
Hi everyone,

I had this idea to centralize ids so we can have more than random games. Anyway i leave my id if you guys wanna play: chapeaurelique1
I would be glad to appreciate the depth of the games in their coop/face to face aspect, since the feeling is the closest to neo-geo.

RedSwirl

So I just became aware of this whole thing. What games on the service are worth it? Particularly if I own an arcade stick.

Edgeward

I really fucking love Shock Troopers, works absolutely well on a stick. It play like a dual stick shooter but works so well without the need for dual sticks

I really fucking love Shock Troopers, works absolutely well on a stick. It play like a dual stick shooter but works so well without the need for dual sticks

yea, this game is beautiful. i love to play big mama for the jiggle. playing with neo geo pad right now, but i might hook up my olde ng stick for it :p

i might be missing something, but the game doesn't seem to save my scores. i have autosave on and couldn't find another option for it.

How's World Heroes play on PS3?

emulation is top-notch for all releases. don't know how well it holds up today, but it was very playable at its prime.

Shock Troopers is a ghost town online. If anyone is interested in regular co-op play, send me an invite. Oh, and I'm not much of a credit feeder. If we die, we start over.

i rather have more of the rare classics served. you can play KoF on so many platforms already. not saying it shouldn't be there.

loving the quality of current releases, no "suck" here for me.

I am pretty happy with what's available for Neo Geo Station. I just wish SNK would start dropping titles again. Mix in some KOF, sure, but give us some Sengoku and Ninja Commandos.

Edgeward

The netcode on shock troopers is surprisingly decent. I was able to get an okay connection with my buddy in mexico here in cali. There was a slight hint of lag but nothing gamebreaking.

Yeah, Shock Troopers netcode is rock solid. Anything above one bar is practically lagless for me. My online experience with Metal Slug 2 has been equally good, if not better.

Here is a VIDEO of a recorded JTV Shock Troopers session of my friend and me playing. He is in Dallas and I am in Austin. He is new to the game, but you can see that there is no lag and it was easy to roll on reaction to dodge enemy fire.

It's a shame I don't see more people playing this online.

PSN: Randy_M_Green

Add me if anyone is interested in Shock Troopers co-op tonight. Rough day at work. Shock Troopers gonna' make it better.

Add: Oh, and I'm not a fan of credit feeding so expect to restart.

Onemic

Is Garou, Last Blade, or Last Blade 2 on PSN? And is the netcode/population better than GGPO? I play Garou and Last BLade 2 on GGPO and just wanted to know if it was worth it getting the games on PSN.

Nope, no LB 1 or 2 and no Garou. Only the more recent releases (fighting games or otherwise) have good netcode. And for those games it's pretty decent. I think KoF 95 and 96 are the only two fighting games to make use of the improved netcode.

Oh, and the online community is pitifully small. You're lucky to find a single room up and running for even the most popular titles.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
NG Station Titles 50% off

SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION today announced an End of Summer Sale on NEOGEO titles for download on both PS3 and PSP via the PlayStation Store. The sale will run from August 28 to September 25, 2012.

NO NEW TITLES LOL

Dave Long

Banned
Shock Troopers for me. I'll probably get a couple things now. The prices are very good at 50% off and I've come to realize I love the Neo Geo best of all. :)

Galdelico

Holy shit for a second I thought it could be some new game coming out. Y_Y

But yeah, cool heads-up, thanks!
I missed the euro-sale, so I may have another chance.

Basically, I already have all the fighting games plus Metal Slugs and Shock Troopers: are titles such as Alpha Mission II, the two Baseball Stars, Super Sidekicks and Magician Lord worthy? I never played any of them.

Baron

Awesome sale. I already own Magician Lord and Metal Slug 2...I wonder if it woud be worth it to get the $40 bundle still.

After the math, It would be $63 to buy the other 14 all separately on sale at $4.50, whereas it would only be $40 to get the bundle and all of them, regardless of the fact that I already own two. Interesting!

Galdelico

Baseball Stars 2 and League Bowling are two of the greatest games on ANY system IMO.
Really?
I mean, BS2 looks great, but I have no idea about the actual game contents (I don't know if the game has a proper championship/league mode or anything like that, for example, or some kind of career you can save and progress through...). League Bowling, just by looking at some vid, looks really simple and barebones.

But hey, I may give them a try.

Is Alpha Mission II a 'conventional' vertical shooter? I read it's also about strategy, multiple weapons you have to purchase and various upgrade... I'd love some furious, old-style SNK shooting, so if it's not that kind of game I think I'll pass.

Baron

are titles such as Alpha Mission II, the two Baseball Stars, Super Sidekicks and Magician Lord worthy? I never played any of them.

If you've never played Magician Lord before, I'm not sure what you'll make of it. I played it in the arcades over 20 years ago, and it was hard as nails then. Today, it's almost impossibly difficult. Poorly designed and badly aged, really. But I bought it because it makes me smile to play the same game again that I played in the arcades so long ago. If you don't have those rose-colored glasses, you may not care for it. However, for only $4.50 - why not try it? Worst case scenario, you hate it, and you lost four dollars.

Galdelico

However, for only $4.50 - why not try it? Worst case scenario, you hate it, and you lost four dollars.
Yeah, that's what I'll probably do.
I'm a 38 gamer, all about reminiscing those old days when I have the opportunity. :p

Since I'm pretty sure we won't see any new game on NeoGeo Station, I'll just get the 6 I miss and complete the collection.

Tizoc

For the love of whatever the hell you worship, everyone needs to buy Shock Troopers. Like right now.

Already got it in a previous sale ^o^v
BTW isn't KoF 98 on JPN PSN? ...and why is KoF 99 PSX up on PSN for LESS than the average NG games for?
...and why are SNK selling MS1 and 2 for PSP when the entire collection is available for a better price?

BTW isn't KoF 98 on JPN PSN?

I think so, but it's the PSX version.

...and why is KoF 99 PSX up on PSN for LESS than the average NG games for?
...and why are SNK selling MS1 and 2 for PSP when the entire collection is available for a better price?

Good question. Though, the Neo Geo Station releases are a big leap in quality over the ports in the Metal Slug Anthology. Metal Slug 2 has excellent netcode to boot.

I think a lot of factors come into play when considering pricing for different versions of the same game on PSN. One is that Sony's quality/review group responsible for screening content before it goes up for sale is probably outsourced or just all around lousy. They should be contacting developers/publishers when double and triple releases for different ports of the same game are submitted. Judging from what I see on the store, Sony's quality/review isn't doing a very good job. Sometimes it cannot be helped when different publishers hold the rights to different releases of the same game. Which is is another issue entirely.

If you've never played Magician Lord before, I'm not sure what you'll make of it. I played it in the arcades over 20 years ago, and it was hard as nails then. Today, it's almost impossibly difficult. Poorly designed and badly aged, really. But I bought it because it makes me smile to play the same game again that I played in the arcades so long ago. If you don't have those rose-colored glasses, you may not care for it. However, for only $4.50 - why not try it? Worst case scenario, you hate it, and you lost four dollars.

i have a save at the last stage of magician lord. can't get myself to start using save states, but it's goddamn hard. don't know if i have to energy to finish it. the music is fantastic though.

random bump, but do any of these games have active online communities? I want to jump in and play some for old times sake..

or should I just stick to GGPO?

Top Bottom