• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Suck to PSN and PSP (Now with shit netcode)

Galdelico

Ok, so no Shock Troopers and World Heroes in Europe this week (but we got SNK Minis, apparently... WOOOO!!! :D).

Could some kind Euro-gaffer give me some clue (in PM) about how/where to get US PSN point cards? I mean 100% legit stuff and safe sellers, since I'm totally new to this. :)
Thanks in advance.

Edit - Nevermind, figured out how to do it by myself.

Galdelico

Sorry for the supershitty picture, but... Wanted to play some World Heroes today and I noticed two more icons I've never seen before:

ngsr.jpg

Seems to me that the new icon on the right is Chizuru (so KoF'96 is my guess), but I can't figure out the one on the left.

Edit - Looking back at the other silhouette, this is what I see (or maybe want to see... ^^):

mslugxeri.gif

DasRaven

Galdelico said:
Sorry for the supershitty picture, but... Wanted to play some World Heroes today and I noticed two more icons I've never seen before:

ngsr.jpg

Seems to me that the new icon on the right is Chizuru (so KoF'96 is my guess), but I can't figure out the one on the left.

I'd tend to agree there.

Galdelico

I watched the intro sequence another couple of times, and the more I look at that icon, the more I'd bet it's Eri.

Seems like The King of Fighters'96 and Metal Slug 2 are finally coming (even if no official word has been said anywhere yet)...

Galdelico

Yay! Hope they'll hit soon the US Store (I don't even care about EU PSN anymore... Shock Troopes and World Heroes still have to be released, lol).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KOF96 will be bought.

Props to SNKP for not having to wait a year to buy a new KOF!

galvatron

BadWolf said:
For some reason I prefer 2 (1 and 2 are my faves), though I know most ppl prefer X.
I'd say 2 without slowdown would be better than X. X just seemed like "Metal Slug 2 for super players" in some spots.

Galdelico

Douche McBaggins The 3rd said:
96 is up in the Japanese store. Hope this follows the pattern of being on the US store on Tuesday. Can't wait to get Metal Slug 2 and KOF 96.
I really hope so, since I'm waiting for them to arrive in the US, in order to give my money to SNKP.
In Europe apparently the right time for Shock Troopers and World Heroes hasn't come yet, so I honestly wonder what's going on here...

Galdelico said:
I really hope so, since I'm waiting for them to arrive in the US, in order to give my money to SNKP.
In Europe apparently the right time for Shock Troopers and World Heroes hasn't come yet, so I honestly wonder what's going on here...

So am I. Can't wait to give them all my money. Hell If Garou, KOF 97, 98, 2002, Last Blade, Real Bout came out, I'd say Dark what? And be in fighting heaven.

Shit nobody else is hyped for 96 and Slug 2? Those are two landmark Neo titles right there. We need to make some noise. What about the word of Mark of the Wolves coming this year too? Why no noise for that?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Shit nobody else is hyped for 96 and Slug 2? Those are two landmark Neo titles right there. We need to make some noise. What about the word of Mark of the Wolves coming this year too? Why no noise for that?
Very stoked about 2. Bring it!

Tizoc

Eh I liked X more TBH, and what's this about Garou coming end of the year?
Proof or I'll curse you every night for getting my hopes up >=P

Galdelico

Is that any true? O_O

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the two games to hit the US Store. Any word about it? Next week?

kyubajin

Does anyone know if it's worth getting the Metal Slug games if I already have the Metal Slug Collection for PS2? I know the PS2 compromises stuff and is compressed and all, but are the PS3 ROMs on par with the real thing?

Galdelico

kyubajin said:
Does anyone know if it's worth getting the Metal Slug games if I already have the Metal Slug Collection for PS2? I know the PS2 compromises stuff and is compressed and all, but are the PS3 ROMs on par with the real thing?
Absolutely spot-on AES emulation, dude.

buffi

Banned
Metal Slug 2 is kindof bad.
It was extremely rushed, which lead to insane slowdowns which really takes away from the enjoyment. Metal Slug X is pretty much a fixed Metal Slug 2. Not much reason to play 2 since X exists.

Also, is MOTW coming this year even confirmed?

kyubajin said:
Yeah, the emulation on the PS3 version is pretty much spotless. I own quite a few MVS cartridges, and I've only noticed some extremely minor sprite glitches in emulation, but nothing worth noting really. It's the best console version of Metal Slug 1 by far.

Galdelico

buffi said:
Yeah, the emulation on the PS3 version is pretty much spotless. I own quite a few MVS cartridges, and I've only noticed some extremely minor sprite glitches in emulation, but nothing worth noting really. It's the best console version of Metal Slug 1 by far.
Just out of curiosity, can you tell me about those glitches? I don't own original Metal Slug, and I never played it on emulation, other than MS Complete Collection on PS2...

Theonik

Missed some pretty awesome news. Should probably quit waiting for them to hit EU PSN and get MS2 and Shock Troopers.
Edit: Also in the X > 2 camp but I like the idea of having both.

Suh-weet, will definitely pick up both Slug 2 and KOF96.

And i can't even remember if that MOTW release this year was a rumour started by Fersis or an actual release promise by the publisher :D

It would seem kind of odd for them to suddenly release it though as it seems they are going forward chronologically.

Shinriji said:
Looking forward to have some KOF96 matches with gaffers.

where are you located geographically? :D I really hope they have put some time into the netcode improvements again...

Europe, Finland here.

Shinriji

Noisepurge said:
where are you located geographically? :D I really hope they have put some time into the netcode improvements again...

Europe, Finland here.

South America. Brazil.

Let's open a SNK chat room (For either NeoGeo Station and KOF 13)?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
_dementia said:
I kinda want to just wait on MSX, but depending on my wallet balance I might splurge and try MS2 for the first time.
Wait, you were bagging MS2 when you haven't even played it? For shame, sir.

Galdelico

Not strictly related to NeoGeo Station, but SNKP published Street Smart into their european Minis catalogue... It doesn't seem available on US Store.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Take Out Bandit said:
*facepalm*

When does MotW come out? :O
Sowwy i like that kind of silly jokes.

No news on MotW but it seems that SNKP is relasing the games on chronological order.

Hitokage said:
Wait, you were bagging MS2 when you haven't even played it? For shame, sir.
When did I do that? I may have mentioned slowdown (which is common knowledge), but I don't recall ever bagging on MS2.

The Take Out Bandit said:
When does MotW come out? :O

Initially I thought that that SNK would follow a sequence of entries in the NEOGEO Station as it was in the original release of the game. But games like Garoudensetsu / Fatal Fury 2 / 3 - Samurai Spirits / Samurai Shodown 2 / 3 were "forgotten" and others like King of Fighters and Metal Slug have won their sequences

Thinking in this way that SNK is acting, Mark of the Wolves can come at any moment ...

Fersis

It would be awesome if SNKP had a community manager ... man i would spam his twitter with so much love. <3

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
_dementia said:
When did I do that? I may have mentioned slowdown (which is common knowledge), but I don't recall ever bagging on MS2.
You were passing on it for MSX, which is just wrong!

Top Bottom