• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Suck to PSN and PSP (Now with shit netcode)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Galdelico said:
I'd actually love to see you being that manager, dude.
Im too much of a fanboy to work as a CM.

Hey hitokage since youre here could you fix the thread title? KOF95 netcode is actually good.
Im pretty sure that duckroll changed the title.

The original thread title was 'NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Shock to PSN and PSP

Gravijah

Fersis said:
Im too much of a fanboy to work as a CM.

Hey hitokage since youre here could you fix the thread title? KOF95 netcode is actually good.
Im pretty sure that duckroll changed the title.

The original thread title was 'NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Shock to PSN and PSP

every time i come into thread i think of duckroll changing the title and it makes me laugh.

Grokbu

I'm wondering. Why doesn't SNKP sell PSN avatars now and then when they release their bigger titles on NEOGEO Station? Is it really expensive or something?

Shinriji

Grokbu said:
I'm wondering. Why doesn't SNKP sell PSN avatars now and then when they release their bigger titles on NEOGEO Station? Is it really expensive or something?

In a perfect world, every publisher would release a free avatar with the logo of the game, and premium avatar for every character, videos and blog posts for building hype for the game.

I remember when Uncharted 3 was announced, it was a HUGE deal at the store, with free U3 avatars, videos, wallpapers, etc. Some people on my list uses this avatar until today. Free marketing tool right here.

But SNK/Atlus don't care a lot. Not even a single video or blog post yet.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Shinriji said:
In a perfect world, every publisher would release a free avatar with the logo of the game, and premium avatar for every character, videos and blog posts for building hype for the game.

I remember when Uncharted 3 was announced, it was a HUGE deal at the store, with free U3 avatars, videos, wallpapers, etc. Some people on my list uses this avatar until today. Free marketing tool right here.

Im not sure how the PR world works but man if it was up to me i would had made more detailed trailers and web stuff.
But as i said im a total PR / marketing noob

Grokbu

Shinriji said:

Yeah, I find it kind of sad that they don't take advantage of that kind of marketing. I wouldn't think that it would be hard or expensive either.
But then again. What do I know?

Galdelico

Grokbu said:
Yeah, I find it kind of sad that they don't take advantage of that kind of marketing. I wouldn't think that it would be hard or expensive either.
But then again. What do I know?
Same here, I know nothing about videogames marketing, but I can 'imagine' so many ways they could follow in order to both improve NG Station lineup and generate more attention and hype around their fresh titles... Probably they would just laugh at me. XD

Fersis

Downloading KOF 96 ...
Anything you guys want to know before buying ?

Shinriji

Are you ready for the bad news? The netcode is worst than 95. Don't know why or how. It seems to me that is a very soft rollback mechanic going on, because I saw some minor rollback on the damage that didn't happened with 95.

Jesus WHY? Just stick with a thing that works ffs. Even on my favourite KOF no less.

Shadow780

Shinriji said:
Are you ready for the bad news? The netcode is worst than 95. Don't know why or how. It seems to me that is a very soft rollback mechanic going on, because I saw some minor rollback on the damage that didn't happened with 95.

Jesus WHY? Just stick with a thing that works ffs. Even on my favourite KOF no less.
That sux, anyone else tried it?

Shinriji said:

That sucks to hear.

Shinriji

Crysis adverted. The guy that lives next door was using my wifi signal (gave the passcode to my wifi once because he was without internet and was an urgent matter, but he used again today, better change the password) so all the next matches was kof95 godlike quality. Sorry for the ruckus, but is KOF96 and I get emotional.

kyubajin

I can't wait for SamSho 2, I remember playing that game so much I stopped playing SF2 in favour of this one. However never played the sequels, is it really the peak of the series as some people claim?

Galdelico

I still have to try them in network mode, but I got KoF'96 and Metal Slug 2...
Jesus, '96 still impresses me today, seems like it never gets old. What an amazing game.

Now, SNK, go on with Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury series, please... Can't wait to play some gloriously unfiltered Fatal Fury Special.

kyubajin said:
I can't wait for SamSho 2, I remember playing that game so much I stopped playing SF2 in favour of this one. However never played the sequels, is it really the peak of the series as some people claim?

I would say Samurai Shodown 4 is the pinnacle of the series. Best visuals, best mechanics, best roster.

alstein

kyubajin said:

It's a very good game, but I think Special is superior. Special won't even made it to console though. It's only playable via emulation of if you're lucky enough to know someone who has it in a cab. I've been lucky in that I've gotten to play some pretty rare SNK stuff through just sheer dumb luck. Samsho 3 through 5 were all terrible, though 3 had the best soundtrack and prettiest graphics of the MVS era. (and yes, I'd put SS3 above LB series and Garou)

The folks who made Special became EXAMU, then made Arcana, which has started to impress me heavily the more I've played it.

I'd want to test KOF96 netcode, but 96 is so terrible I just can't justify it. Also, I never got a good connection in 95 above 1 bar since I never found anyone American to play.

alstein

Noisepurge said:
KOF96 is like the best KOF after 98! :D

Leona Cheeseball, Geese easy-mode infinite, Iori easy-mode infinite, Chin easy-mode infinite, no command normals, bad controls, unplayably weak Vice, King Surprise Rose.

96 may be the foundation of modern KOF, but modern KOF wasn't playable until 97.
I'd even say 2k1 is better then 96.

Also 96 probably has the worst balance of any KOF games.

96 Iori was the single strongest non-boss character in any KOF.

Shinriji

alstein said:

howaboutno.gif

The only thing that I don't like from 96 is the lack of overheads and the quickness that you can deplete the rival bar using taunt. But outside that, KOF96 is the best one. Balanced, great stages, memorable music, best rendition of some characters, incredibly cool sub boss and boss, and the list goes on and on. I also like 98 as well but 96 was incredibly at the time and the charm still persists until today.

Fersis

Shinriji said:
True. Played some matches with Fersis and some random people without problems.
It was unplayable to me. V__V
But i blame my third world country internet connection.

Shinriji

Fersis said:
It was unplayable to me. V__V
But i blame my third world country internet connection.

But that time my wifi was capped because someone was torrenting pron with my connection. Let's play again today, but you only play a match and leave :(

Fersis

Shinriji said:
But that time my wifi was capped because someone was torrenting pron with my connection. Let's play again today, but you only play a match and leave :(
I left cuz it was unplayable.
I need a better interwebz asap. >_<
Though im about to move so im probably gonna be "internetless" for a while.

alstein said:
Leona Cheeseball, Geese easy-mode infinite, Iori easy-mode infinite, Chin easy-mode infinite, no command normals, bad controls, unplayably weak Vice, King Surprise Rose.

96 may be the foundation of modern KOF, but modern KOF wasn't playable until 97.

Also 96 probably has the worst balance of any KOF games.

96 Iori was the single strongest non-boss character in any KOF.

2k1 better than 96?

banned.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, it's a damn shame that Metal Slug X isn't up. Definitely prefer it to 2. Though 2 is superior in some ways. Like not having Iron Lizard at all.

God I hate that weapon.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I want them to put up Metal Slug 3 already

Would love to play it with my arcade stick

Will probably pick up 1 and 2 during this sale though

woodypop

Great news! Need to pick up a PSN card.

Will get:

Magician Lord
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Shock Troopers
Alpha Mission II (maybe)
Baseball Stars 2 (maybe)

GrayFoxPL

they should announce the next batch after the sale period ends. they barely released anything thus far.

Funny thing is lately quite few neogeo mini titles got released like Ikari Warriors, Victory Road, P.O.W and Psycho Soldier.

Awesome games yet they are almost hidden on psn, not mentioning zero PR on them.

I played MS2 for like 10 minutes, but I can tell this will easily be my next 1CC.

Slowdown is kinda dildos, since I'm used to MSX, but whatever.

M2 is great as always.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
picked up

Metal Slug 1 and 2

Magician Lord

Alpha Mission 2

Can't wait to play some metal slug on my arcade stick

Funny thing is lately quite few neogeo mini titles got released like Ikari Warriors, Victory Road, P.O.W and Psycho Soldier.

Awesome games yet they are almost hidden on psn, not mentioning zero PR on them.

i didn't even know. sounds like the PSP compilation that got a japan umd release some time ago.

Top Bottom