• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Suck to PSN and PSP (Now with shit netcode)

lupinko said:
LOL me rebuying games I already own.
=(

Even though I already have a perfect port of 98 in my NTSC-J 98UM (which has perfect 98UM and vanilla 98 (since vanilla 98 was just a straight rom dump) not to mention that the NTSC-J version has 480p support which the western versions had removed), I'll rebuy it again.

Besides that I'm up for MS3, LB2 (which has never gotten a reasonable port on any platform that is not a NeoGeo AES), Garou MOTW (the PS2 port was close to being perfect but SNKP somehow goofed and left out the guardcancel text when doing a guardcancel, which is rather annoying really). Also other things, but those are the notable ones anyway.

The AW and TTX+ games all had perfect ports for PS2, and all the PS2 ones all had 480p support, well for the JP versions anyway.

Yeah The Last Blade pack was a huge let down. If these do indeed have AST's available, I'm hoping we can FINALLY get a definitive version of Last Blade 1+2

As for the Non-NG games, yeah, the 480p was taken out of KoF XI and NGBC, plus, I believe the loading was significantly worse in the US version for some reason (The music would stop and restart between every round) So it would be nice to get proper versions of those games as well.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
lupinko said:
LOL me rebuying games I already own.
=(

Even though I already have a perfect port of 98 in my NTSC-J 98UM (which has perfect 98UM and vanilla 98 (since vanilla 98 was just a straight rom dump) not to mention that the NTSC-J version has 480p support which the western versions had removed), I'll rebuy it again.

Besides that I'm up for MS3, LB2 (which has never gotten a reasonable port on any platform that is not a NeoGeo AES), Garou MOTW (the PS2 port was close to being perfect but SNKP somehow goofed and left out the guardcancel text when doing a guardcancel, which is rather annoying really). Also other things, but those are the notable ones anyway.

The AW and TTX+ games all had perfect ports for PS2, and all the PS2 ones all had 480p support, well for the JP versions anyway.
Sooo... any insider info you wanna share about upcoming SNKPlaymore games?

tzare

seeds19 said:
Please bring me "eightman", mutation nation, all samurai spirits, all art of fighting, all kof, all world heroes, all fatal fury....
Please bring me the entire catalog:D
I hope 10 new games every week, and another question:
no screen size configuration? i paid more money to play in 16:9 full screen xD, destroying tzare in 4:3 is awesomenes, but destrying him in 16:9 is fucking epic :D
eightman is a bit meh :lol it was my second NG game years ago when i was young XD
But WorldHeroes 2 deathmatch mode (single life bar) should be awesome online, it should be included in any fighter.
Oh. I'll have to refresh you who is the sensei here :D

They should sell some AST in PSN too, i'd buy them at a high(er) price XD

seeds19

Banned
tzare said:
eightman is a bit meh :lol it was my second NG game years ago when i was young XD
But WorldHeroes 2 deathmacht mode (singla life bar) should be awesome online, it should be included in any fighter.

Aughhh!
But my revenge for the sf4 owneds has full of fury, you don't destroy me anymore i promise xD mi arcade stick is on fire xD

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Fersis said:
Official Thread with lots of info...
<snip>

Thanks for the OT and info Fersis. Good job.

Going by what you've wrote, as well as what I've gathered from NeoGeo.com, it appears that both Quarter Match lobbies and Live Spectating will unfortunately be missing from this service.

Disappointing. Very very VERY disappointing :( :( :(

Enk

makes good threads.
tzare said:
But WorldHeroes 2 deathmatch mode (single life bar) should be awesome online, it should be included in any fighter.

They should sell some AST in PSN too, i'd buy them at a high(er) price XD
I used to love that mode back in the day. I've always wished more fighters had a tug-a-war option like that. I actually think World Heroes is the only one that does have it, sadly.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Enk said:
I used to love that mode back in the day. I've always wished more fighters had a tug-a-war option like that. I actually think World Heroes is the only one that does have it, sadly.
Yeah in the arcade i played everyone choose that option. Crazy stages too.

Dave Long

Banned
You know, the one thing about most of the Neo Geo games is just how enthusiastic they are. Everything is exciting, from the opening cinemas to the gameplay itself. Even the bad games have redeeming qualities of pure excitement that make them interesting.

I wish there were more games made today that had that kind of exciting and dramatic presentation to them. It seems to always swing entirely in the opposite direction these days.

I hate how they always start out with the same games for any given service. Of course, I understand that noone would buy these games if they brought out the big guns to begin with, but seriously, who is going to buy Alpha Mission II? It only gives the service a reputation of being shovelware crap when it could have the classics that actually turn up in top 10 lists and that have some hype, at least among the hardcore.

There are about 20 games I would buy today from the entire Neo-Geo history, at that price. Art of Fighting or Fatal Fury aren't among them. That's about $260 (EU) just waiting to happen, if SNK would only make some wise decisions on what to release.

For the record, I'm very likely buying Garou, even though I have three releases already.

Fersis

Dave Long said:
You know, the one thing about most of the Neo Geo games is just how enthusiastic they are. Everything is exciting, from the opening cinemas to the gameplay itself. Even the bad games have redeeming qualities of pure excitement that make them interesting.I wish there were more games made today that had that kind of exciting and dramatic presentation to them. It seems to always swing entirely in the opposite direction these days.

Old School Arcade 'Attract Mode'. :D

So there are no previews yet? I wanna know about the netcode.
If the netcode is great this collection will be epic.

SiegfriedFM said:
I hate how they always start out with the same games for any given service. Of course, I understand that noone would buy these games if they brought out the big guns to begin with, but seriously, who is going to buy Alpha Mission II? It only gives the service a reputation of being shovelware crap when it could have the classics that actually turn up in top 10 lists and that have some hype, at least among the hardcore.

There are about 20 games I would buy today from the entire Neo-Geo history, at that price. Art of Fighting or Fatal Fury aren't among them. That's about $260 (EU) just waiting to happen, if SNK would only make some wise decisions on what to release.

For the record, I'm very likely buying Garou, even though I have three releases already.
Youre a good person my friend.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Fersis said:
Old School Arcade 'Attract Mode'. :D

So there are no previews yet? I wanna know about the netcode.
If the netcode is great this collection will be epic.

Youre a good person my friend.

Fersis I think you made an error in your original post. You didn't mention quarter match lobbies and live spectating.

tzare

SiegfriedFM said:

I am buying ASO II. Its OST is worth alone the price :D
SUre, i like much more Last Resort or Pulstar or Viewpoint, even Aerofighters. But if they were released at the same time i might skip ASO, so it is okay for me. ALso while absolute broken, AoF is awesome, it was a showcase of NG power back in the 90s, zoom, big sprites and RObert's Gen'eikyaku are still jaw dropping.
As long as they keep releasing games at a decent pace, i see no problem.
And i am skipping Fatal Fury, because i will be picking 5 games, and the wallet is limited XD

The price is fine, the PS3&PSP difference is odd though. But i don't mind. Would not buy these for the PSP anyways...

PS3 and This:
CMVS.jpg

is enough for me ;D

Raistlin

duckroll said:
Mega Shock? More like Mega Suck. This is essentially just a slightly spiced up Game Archives brand. Yet they want to charge 9 bucks to run a game on the PS3, and another 7 bucks to run a game on the PSP as well. Fuck that. The standard has been set by PS1 and PCE games, and Neo Geo is just lagging behind like a bunch of bitches, yet they dare to charge more? GTFO. :lol

As I said in the original thread, I could accept ~$9 if you were licensing use of the game across both platforms and it included cloud saves/state saves that were shared.

Besides that making the price reasonable enough people might actually consider it, it would allow users to effectively pause the game on their console and continue on the run and vice versa.

This shit ain't hard.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Noisepurge said:
Yeah built in a Neogeo CD. I had an AES system too but sold it because i just couldn't afford the good games in AES form ;D
That's why I bought the 2x CD system. I wish I would have bought the 4x one though. I may be wrong on the speeds but the load times were painful at times on the slower CD model. I lived with it and never really complained though. Too many fun games.

tzare

LiquidMetal14 said:
That's why I bought the 2x CD system. I wish I would have bought the 4x one though. I may be wrong on the speeds but the load times were painful at times on the slower CD model. I lived with it and never really complained though. Too many fun games.
you own a NGCDZ? it is a rare item :) i'll buy one someday, i also switched to CD because i could not afford to buy 3-4 game cartridges every year :D . i have lots of NGCDgames but man, load times are sooooo painful. I hated KOF 94 very much on NGCD.
BTW, i may be wrong, but NGCDZ is not 2X, but it has more caché or something like that (kind of psp 2000 extra ram) to improve load times.

i still have my single speed NGCD. loading is painful, but it can be bearable for some games. bough it originally to save some cash, like most people.

isamu

Tomorrow,
tomorrow,
I lova ya,
tomorrow,
It's only a day away!!!!!
:D :D :D :D

Fersis

isamu said:
Tomorrow,
tomorrow,
I lova ya,
tomorrow,
It's only a day away!!!!!
:D :D :D :D
There are no previews yet right? (I dont read gaming websites)

Im curious about the net code. KOF 94 tomorrow !!!
The Playstation 3 Has No Games meme dies tomorrow. :D

KAL2006

Banned
someone let us know how the netcode is as I am not planning to buy any of the games announced (waiting for Garou, Last Blade 2 and etc).

KAL2006 said:
someone let us know how the netcode is as I am not planning to buy any of the games announced (waiting for Garou, Last Blade 2 and etc).

in the boat with you there...

though seeing as they are releasing early stuff first it'll be a while till it hits Garou.

isamu

I find it UNBELIEVABLY odd, that there was not ONE fucking topic discussing tomorrow's release of NeoGeo fighting games on the PS3, on the Shoryuken.com messageboards, and that *I* was the first one to make such a topic as of 20 minutes ago.

What is going in this world???

isamu

Screw the netcode! It'll be just fine!

What I'm more dissapointed with is the lack discussion, by Fersis among others, about the *BLATENT* omission of any type of Live spectating or quarter match lobbies in any of the fighting games.

Even Fersis PM'ed me saying he was under some sort of gag order not to discuss the "non-feature".

Fersis

isamu said:
Screw the netcode! It'll be just fine!

What I'm more dissapointed with is the lack discussion, by Fersis among others, about the *BLATENT* omission of any type of Live spectating or quarter match lobbies in any of the fighting games.

Even Fersis PM'ed me saying he was under some sort of gag order not to discuss the "non-feature".
Wait what ? That PM was your imagination.
As far as i know theres no such feature buddy at least they didnt announce it :3

Noisepurge said:
Yeah built in a Neogeo CD. I had an AES system too but sold it because i just couldn't afford the good games in AES form ;D

That is why I got a Phantom-1 converter. AES and MVS together as one.

DasRaven

tribal24 said:
so what is everyone buying tommrow?

Just Samurai Shodown tomorrow, maybe Magician Lord later.

I'm actually working on cutting down the list of all NeoGeo releases to just the ones I'd buy so I can have a definitive list to check off. Damn, NeoGeo had a ton of horse racing and soccer games!

Definitely waiting for Last Blade 2 & Samurai Shodown 2/4 so I can stop using the awful PS1 ports from the JP Store. Also want Super Baseball 2020 as I played (wasted) tons trying to beat the arcade game.

Shin Johnpv said:
That is why I got a Phantom-1 converter. AES and MVS together as one.

i had the Phantom 2 converter ;D but it didn't emulate Samurai Shodown 4 and Last Blade 2 properly.

Had this beast of a setting before:
neoproject.gif

itxaka

Defeatist
Super Sideckicks? Without the graphical glitches of the emulators?

Someone confirm this becasue I NEED TO PLAY SS WITHOUT STUPID GLITCHES :D

_dementia said:
Fio is my favorite character.

Internet Bro Fist!!! I need to go play some Regulation A later. And Happy Birthday.

I'm probably not gonna buy anything until we get Fatal Fury Special. I might get SS1 just to support the service but I don't know when that'll happen. Hopefully we'll get deeper into the catalog sooner rather than later. I need to play RB2 really bad online.

Huggers

I don't own a PSP so couldn't care less about the double charging thing. I am hyped though to get some Neogeo games for my PS3. Will definitely be getting Metal Slug and Fatal Fury. I remember in the early 90's when Neogeo was this mystical console that no one could afford but everyone wanted, most people I knew were stuck with there lowly Mega Drives

Kuran

Banned
Noisepurge said:
i had the Phantom 2 converter ;D but it didn't emulate Samurai Shodown 4 and Last Blade 2 properly.

Had this beast of a setting before:
neoproject.gif

Whats with the weird picture? Reminds me of NFG

Fersis

KAL2006 said:
So is it out, if so anyone played a game online, How is the netcode?
Its out? :s
Let me check the US Store.

EDIT: Its not there. Sad Panda.

Top Bottom