• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Suck to PSN and PSP (Now with shit netcode)

Noisepurge said:
i had the Phantom 2 converter ;D but it didn't emulate Samurai Shodown 4 and Last Blade 2 properly.

Had this beast of a setting before:
http://www.todellisuus.net/~malakai/random/neoproject.gif

You have a lot of converters in there. :lol I have a US AES but its got the shit what ever its called super bios thing. So it can play pretty much everything. One of these days I'd like to see what the current state of video out modding is. Mine has the S-Video and stereo sound mod, but I know at one point people were doing component mods to it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Uh Oh time to change my PS3 Theme:

30skpaa.jpg

2hxqbuc.jpg

245accx.jpg

Another good reason to get NEOGEO Station.

DasRaven

Fersis said:
Uh Oh time to change my PS3 Theme:

30skpaa.jpg

Another good reason to get NEOGEO Station.

As much as I like this one, I can't justify it @ $80 for the bundle.
But for you Fersis, I'd be shocked if you didn't get this theme.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
I'm not a fan of the icons but that AES Wallpaper is gorgeous Fersis.
Im gonna use Terry's wallpaper so every time i turn on the PS3 i can say : 'Are you OK?'

very nice.

DasRaven said:
As much as I like this one, I can't justify it @ $80 for the bundle.
But for you Fersis, I'd be shocked if you didn't get this theme.

what, do you have to spend $80 to unlock that or what?

DasRaven

Fersis said:
Im gonna use Terry's wallpaper so every time i turn on the PS3 i can say : 'Are you OK?'

According to the SNKPlaymore site, the theme is time dynamic, so it rotates between 6 different backgrounds depending on day, so here's to hoping you can lock it to a single image.

MrMephistoX

klee123 said:
The only one I'd get is Metal Slug 1.

Wish they put in KOF96 at least. KOF 94 and 95 are barely playable for today's standards.

They should have put in Samsho 2 instead of 1 as well.

I'd assume they're going in chronological order if Garou is scheduled for 2011. It's a catch 22 if they didn't release the older games first no one would bother to purchase them but sales and enthusiasm might naturally be lower due to a weak launch.

Fersis

DasRaven said:
According to the SNKPlaymore site, the theme is time dynamic, so it rotates between 6 different backgrounds depending on day, so here's to hoping you can lock it to a single image.
Oh yeah you need to buy the bundle to get the PS3 Theme.

'NEOGEO Station' Game Bundle with 10 PlayStation®3 system ver. NEOGEO games(incld., ALPHA MISSION II, ART OF FIGHTING, BASEBALL STARS PROFESSIONAL, FATAL FURY, LEAGUE BOWLING, MAGICIAN LORD, METAL SLUG, SAMURAI SHODOWN, SUPER SIDEKICKS, and THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94) is also scheduled to launch at $79.99 on Jan 04, 2011. The pack includes an official SNK Custom Theme exclusively for this bundle as a bonus item. You'll save $10 by purchasing this bundle pack rather than buying each game separately!

Whoa. Will definitely get the bundle. Gotta support stuff like this, very cool. I would like trophies, but if trophies/ach. didn't exist, it's nothing I would have thought about anyway.

Magician Lord looks really fun.

Argh. I want to support my third or fourth-ish favourite company (who here has visited the original Esaka HQ? *raises hand*) but the lineup is just so weak, not to mention that I'll have Christmas stuff to deal with. Also I'm not getting paid until the day after the release.

If I'm getting Metal Slug and one other game, what should it be? Is there a game that still holds up compared to more modern releases? I don't see the appeal of Magician Lord and I refuse to buy the beta versions of their fighting games, but maybe some other gem I've missed?

I'll likely play Metal Slug and Wipeout HD on my parents' 1080p box over the holidays. The resolution difference will be interesting to experience...

Fersis

NEOGEO Station is up !! (Use the PSN Store search function)

Downloading KOF94 right now!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Downloading Metal Slug. Still on the fence about SamSho and KOF94. I'll wait to hear how netcode is.

teiresias

I remember wanting to play Magician Lord everytime I saw it in a machine, but I'm not sure I'd actually want to pay money for it - it's probably just nostalgia. I'm guessing Metal Slug is actually worth the money though.

entremet

teiresias said:
I remember wanting to play Magician Lord everytime I saw it in a machine, but I'm not sure I'd actually want to pay money for it - it's probably just nostalgia. I'm guessing Metal Slug is actually worth the money though.
Magician Lord is still pretty awesome.

The Neo Geo games are available now via search.

Magician Lord is a massive pain in the ass. It's harder than the hardest old-school Castlevania hard with brutal checkpoints and -1 room for error.

Fersis said:
Worst netcode ever. Worse than XII.
I cant believe it.

SAD PANDAS

For serious?
Whoa my finger was totally hanging over the buy button on Metal Slug. Guess that's not happening.

Fersis

I cant believe it.

SAD PANDAS

Yes Boss!

teiresias said:

Nah, Metal Slug is ported everywhere. Awesome, yes. But Magicial Lord is still the quintessential Neo Geo game...even with all the other heavy Meg games that eventually surfaced. Kinda like Baseball Stars 2. Timeless and still just as good as they were back then.

Need impressions! Can't get to my PS3 till early next year. Particularly interested in how they appear on the PSP.

So, anyone else care for Alpha Mission 2?

I used to love that game back in the day. Think I might have to get it and Sam Sho out of this first batch.

Yes Boss!

Poimandres said:
So, anyone else care for Alpha Mission 2?

I used to love that game back in the day. Think I might have to get it and Sam Sho out of this first batch.

Yeah, awesome game! Used to own the cart. Will be buying it on PSN. That and League Bowling, another cart I owned and that has not been released on VC.

jlevel13

Fersis said:
I cant believe it.

SAD PANDAS

why am I not surprised? but seriously, you guys gotta give it a little time, wait till there are more than five people across 6,000+ miles or whatever who have downloaded the thing.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Someone tell me they uploaded the wrong version that doesn't have this "awesome netcode". ):

Anyways holding purchase for future games till this is rectified. Going to buy RE2 instead of Samurai Showdown meanwhile.

Fersis

luka said:
Fersis, why is this happening.. ;_;

What does this mean for KOF13? ;A;
Not much since NG Station developer is M2 and not SNKP.

Im nerd raging now. :mad:

KAL2006

Banned
Shit netcode, fuck this shit!!!!

Oh, well at least I save money and now I have more time to play MK, MvC3 and SSFIV

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Okay, OTHER than the netcode, initial impressions are positive. The emulation seems accurate and smooth, better than any of the compilations I own or have played. Good display options (scanlines, filtering, ratio, etc). You can even change the bios region. Music player is pretty neat too. No complains on the single/local multiplayer side.

Network multi is basically unplayable though. For 10 bucks I'm definitely holding out for a patch before I consider buying any more.

The fact that AWESOME NETCODE seems to be an outright lie upsets me, but I like the set up and the games seem to play great normally. I love the music player and options. Why can't we ever get a perfect release of neo stuff? Why is this so difficult? My dreams of playing Garou with a friend across the country are spiraling down the toilet. Ugh...

KAL2006

Banned
patrickthehedgehog said:
The fact that AWESOME NETCODE seems to be an outright lie upsets me, but I like the set up and the games seem to play great normally. I love the music player and options. Why can't we ever get a perfect release of neo stuff? Why is this so difficult? My dreams of playing Garou with a friend across the country are spiraling down the toilet. Ugh...

I too would have loved to play Garou against people around the world, I know there is options on the PC, such as GGPO, but I would like to play comfortably from my PS3, with good matchmaking options. Why does SNK ignore the most important feature (online play).

methos75

Banned
I bought Alpha Mission 2, love that game. My CDZ got fragged over the summer so I sold my collection of Neo Geo CDs, so hoping to see Blue's Journey, Last Resort, Pulstar, and a few others I had to get rid of on here.

KAL2006 said:
Why does SNK ignore the most important feature (online play).

I really don't understand it. If it's a technical issue with making a system work on top of a game not originally programed with online play in mind then they should come out and say something like that is never going to work well and stick to virtual console.

If they fuck up KOFXIII's netcode...they can go to hell. It'll be the end of them.

Top Bottom