• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Did you click the link you posted? It explains everything.

Moral of the story - DON'T BE A CHEAP BASTARD, YOU CHEAP BASTARD.

Wow! without your insight and friendly advice I would have never have solved the issues I was having accessing netflix from the uk.

You are truly a god among men, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for your services to GAF and to the rest of mankind, without your wisdom, humanity would be hopelessly lost.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
1. Jedeye, you should save ^^^that^^^ for posterity.

2. The link is hilarious.

3. Just pay? Guarantee it's cheaper and less of a hassle than setting up a dedicated proxy to achieve the same thing.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Wow! without your insight and friendly advice I would have never have solved the issues I was having accessing netflix from the uk.

You are truly a god among men, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for your services to GAF and to the rest of mankind, without your wisdom, humanity would be hopelessly lost.

guise dis proxi I been using wants dollers. wat do?

If Streamhelp.tv is a scam then you deserve to be scammed.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
From an instagram clip, coming in March:

Mad Man S6
Dexters Laboratory S3/4
Adventure Time S2
Aqua Teen Hunger Force S2
Mud
Jobs
Powerpuff Girls S4
Drop Dead Diva S5

From an instagram clip, coming in March:

Mad Man S6
Dexters Laboratory S3/4
Adventure Time S2
Aqua Teen Hunger Force S2
Mud
Jobs
Powerpuff Girls S4
Drop Dead Diva S5

Fuck yeah more Adventure Time! I think they're releasing these slower than they're even broadcast...

The addition of many animation series from both Adult Swim and Cartoon Network I think was a bit weird. Of almost everything only the first season.

Seems they are adding a bit more now, but still a whole lot that is not added. Happy with Adventure Time season 2 though.

Mud is also great, but I got to watch that on the crappy On Demand service that I tried out.

Bates Motel is really enjoyable so far after 3 episodes. I came in expecting something stupid because it looked like a "why would you need to make this?" kinda show. Only a couple episodes in but I am hooked. So glad they went for the present day route. Vera Farmiga is simply gorgeous btw. And the guy who plays Norman seems like a damn good actor who I've never seen before. So far this is some quality TV.

Also saw Centurion....and found it to be utter drivel. I am on a big Roman history kick lately and even then I hated it. How many shots of guys running around the wilderness while the camera pans over them montages does a movie need?! And I loled hard at the credit sequence. If you have seen it you probably know what I mean. Even Fassbender couldn't save this boring turd. Which is a shame because I quite enjoyed The Descent and Doomsday from the same director.

C4Lukins

Yay that I can catch up on Mad Men. And for those who have not seen Mud, get on it.

As for films to recommend. I really enjoyed How I Live Now. I also went on a binge Mads Mikkelson spree because of Hannibal. I loved The Hunt and After the Wedding. You will have to read subtitles for both films. Valhalla Rising was interesting, but I would not recommend it. A wonderful looking film, but way to quiet and slow for me. Maybe if you are a Terrence Malick fan you can find something in there worth your time.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Anjelah Johnson: The Homecoming Show (Standup)
Contracted (Horror, SciFi)
Fondi '91 (Indie, Drama)
Good Luck Charlie: Season 4 (TV, Kids)
Jump (Indie, Drama)
Least Among Saints (Indie, Drama)
Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon (Documentary, Biographical, Music)
Nicky's Family (Documentary, Biographical/Briton Nicholas Winton)
Out in the Dark (Romantic, Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
Paranoia (Thriller)
Princess Kaiulani (Drama)
War on Whistleblowers: Free Press and the National Security State (Documentary)
We Are What We Are (Indie, Horror)

Canada:

Bates Motel (TV, Drama)
Contraband (Crime, Thriller)
The 100 (TV, Action, SciFi)
The Grey (Action, Thriller)
Which Way Home (Documentary, Social)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So more stuff coming in April:

The Fifth Element
A League of Their Own
Jumanji
Close Encounters of the Third Kind: 30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Sweden:

Big Daddy (Comedy)
Blue Streak (Action, Comedy)
The Great Gatsby ('13, Drama)
The Help (Drama)
The Nanny Seasons 1-5 (TV, Comedy)

UK:

Fright Night ('11, Horror, Vampire)
The Avengers (Action)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Louis C.K.'s "Chewed Up" expires tomorrow. Bummer; I always liked putting it on in the background when I had nothing else to watch. Hopefully it comes back sometime.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I logged in and only set if up with my ps3 not router.

Did this as well?

Restart the PS3 before using our service
If you had Netflix installed before, hold the “Start” and “Select” buttons on the controller at the same time while starting Netflix on the PS3. This will allow you to reset your Netflix settings and reactivate your PS3 at Netflix.com

From the looks of it, go to self-service and you change your regions from there. Seems to work like Unblock, so the PS3 will change regions when you have changed it from the site.

I am not sure which One is supposed to be primary and which secondary.

Edit- Just put the first one first, second one second. Don't think it really matters.

This is a really stupid question, but how do you see every available episode of a show that's not listed by season?

Specifically, Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Whenever I search for it, a handful of titles show up even though I know there are more (if I search for the specific title, I can bring it up).

Using a laptop/Wii U for viewing.

Bleepey

Did this as well?

From the looks of it, go to self-service and you change your regions from there. Seems to work like Unblock, so the PS3 will change regions when you have changed it from the site.

Edit- Just put the first one first, second one second. Don't think it really matters.

It's stuck on us netflix. Grr it keeps sayin my dns settings are incorrect

It's stuck on us netflix. Grr it keeps sayin my dns settings are incorrect

That is weird, it should list three dns addresses on the website and it does not matter which one (or two) you put in. And after that you test the connection and if that worked there should not really be a problem.

Unless it is making an issue of your PC DNS settings not being changed, but I think it should still work for the PS3.

Do you restart your PS3 after switching region?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sweden is officially the best netflix for movies, I was overwhelmed by choice last night. Ended up watching Source Code by Duncan Jones (Moon). A really good tight sci fi thriller, highly recommended. A great ideas movie.

Also has got The Master which I'm looking forward to - Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman, come on.

Bleepey

That is weird, it should list three dns addresses on the website and it does not matter which one (or two) you put in. And after that you test the connection and if that worked there should not really be a problem.

Unless it is making an issue of your PC DNS settings not being changed, but I think it should still work for the PS3.

Do you restart your PS3 after switching region?

I turned my ps3 and router on and off. I am doing it from my phone which is connected via wifi to my router. Still can't switch regions and gives same error message.

Sweden is officially the best netflix for movies, I was overwhelmed by choice last night. Ended up watching Source Code by Duncan Jones (Moon). A really good tight sci fi thriller, highly recommended. A great ideas movie.

Also has got The Master which I'm looking forward to - Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman, come on.

Yeah, there seem to be a lot of movies there, right now I am mostly on the Canadian netflix though but when I am done with the "current" movies and some series I probably go back to the US.

I'd love to see a lot of movies on Zweden, but I do enjoy my subtitles.

I turned my ps3 and router on and off. I am doing it from my phone which is connected via wifi to my router. Still can't switch regions and gives same error message.

I think I did have some problems with my phone, maybe try it from your PC or even from your PS3 self.

Damn it! 24 is expiring on April 1st.

Sucks; I hope it's not gone for good. I have the DVDs, but streaming is just so much easier.

I never finished season 8. I need to get on that, but dont think I will before it expires.

As for having the DVDs, you could do what I did with them and rip them in Handbrake then play them on the TV. Have all my TV shows on DVD ripped through that so I can queue up episodes I want to watch without thumbing through discs.

Fevaweva

Started watching The X files. I am enjoying it so far (I'm about 8 episodes in)...is it worth sticking with or does it get crap at some point?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Started watching The X files. I am enjoying it so far (I'm about 8 episodes in)...is it worth sticking with or does it get crap at some point?

It's 90s TV so the overall quality is pretty low. Definitely gets better than some of the S1 jank though. I even like the two ending seasons where they change the cast around.

Kaladin

It's 90s TV so the overall quality is pretty low. Definitely gets better than some of the S1 jank though. I even like the two ending seasons where they change the cast around.

A lot of people gave those final seasons shit because of no Mulder, but if you're going back and watching it, the cast change makes sense and it's not a jarring introduction of new characters.

Also, season 1 has it's moments.....and it's very very bad things.....but it's worth sticking through it. X-Files does have some characters recur in later episodes.

Damn, you weren't kidding.

It's also the only country that I've noticed that has Friends on it. In HD too no less.

Looking for something to background watch while I study, don't need to actually follow the plot, just somthing with soothing music and zingy one liners, preferably a series but a movie will work too.

Top Bottom