• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
never seen any jim gaffigan stuff, is his stand up any good? they added a bunch of his specials to my region.

Apparently he doesnt cuss? Im not opposed to that, just its the only thing I know about him lol

Cade

I'd skip the Gaffigan special that came out before his 2017 one, I think? I like his stuf but that one was really, really bad. It was just him talking about Wendy's discounts for an hour and a half (which is admittedly some kind of art, but...)

jorma

is now taking requests
I'd skip the Gaffigan special that came out before his 2017 one, I think? I like his stuf but that one was really, really bad. It was just him talking about Wendy's discounts for an hour and a half (which is admittedly some kind of art, but...)

I tried to watch the one titled Cinco but it was too painfully boring to finish. Are the more recent ones better?

Cade

I tried to watch the one titled Cinco but it was too painfully boring to finish. Are the more recent ones better?

I thought Cinco was the newest one but I'm not super sure.
edit: yes. I think Obsessed was the one I didn't like.

I don't think Gaffigan rates my top 5 though so I'm not sure

Lagamorph

Just started watching The Rezort on Netflix.

Holy shit, if I lived in this film world I would never set foot on that damned island. And they want me to pay them? Fuck that, I'd be at every single protest for that island to get nuked to oblivion.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just started watching The Rezort on Netflix.

Holy shit, if I lived in this film world I would never set foot on that damned island. And they want me to pay them? Fuck that, I'd be at every single protest for that island to get nuked to oblivion.

Just watched it. A decent zombie movie. I would have preferred if the zombies roamed around while the guests hunted them down (or rather the zombies hunted them down). I think that would have made it more interesting.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Small Good Thing (Doc, Social)
Cristela Alonzo: Lower Classy (Standup, Netflix Original)
Forensic Files Collection 3-9 (TV, Doc, Crime)
Gad Gone Wild (Standup, Netflix Original)
Hieronymus Bosch: Touched by the Devil (Doc, Foreign)
May We Chat (Drama, Foreign)
Terrace House: Aloha State Part 1 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What's Come in Feb.

Feb. 1

Ashley Madison: Sex, Lies and Cyber Attacks*
Babe*
Babe: Pig in the City*
Balto 2: Wolf Quest*
Balto 3: Wings of Change*
Contact
Corpse Bride
Disney's Finding Dory
Eleven P.M.
From This Day Forward: A Trans Love Story*
Gun Runners
Hell-Bound Train
Hot Biskits
I am Sun Mu*
Invincible
Les Beaux Malaises: Seasons 1-4*
Magic Mike
Masha's Spooky Stories: Season 1*
Mother with a Gun
Paris Is Burning*
Project X
Silver Streak
The Blair With Project*
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
The Five Heartbeats
The Furchester Hotel: Seasons 1-2
The Girl from Chicago
The Longest Day
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Twilight*
Women in Gold

Feb. 2

American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson
Frequency: Season 1

Feb. 3

Daniel Sosa: Sosafado*
Imperial Dreams*
Santa Clarita Diet*

Feb. 4

Superbad*

Feb. 5

Elvira I Will Give You My Life but I'm Using It
Los Herederos

Feb. 6

Girls Lost*
Me, Myself and Her*

Feb. 7

Michael Bolton's Big, Sexy Valentine's Day Special*

Feb. 8

Tiempos Felices*
Girl Asleep

Feb. 10

Abstract: The Art of Design*
David Brent: Life on the Road*

Feb. 11

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Season 2*
Stronger Than the World

Feb. 12

Clouds of Sils Maria*

Feb. 13

Code: Debugging the Gender Gap*
Magicians: Life in the Impossible*

Feb. 14

Girlfriend's Day*
Katherine Ryan: In Trouble*
King Cobra*
Project MC2: Part 4*
White Nights

Feb. 15

Aram, Aram*
Before I Go to Sleep
Fire Song*

Feb. 16

Milk*
Sundown*

Feb. 17

Chef's Table: Season 3*
DreamWorks Dragons: Race to the Edge: Season 4*
Kill Ratio
The Seven Deadly Sins: Season 2*

Feb. 19

Girl Meets World: Season 3
Growing Up Wild
Tini: El Gran Cambio De Violetta
When Calls the Heart: Season 3*

Feb. 23

Sausage Party*

Feb. 24

I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore*
Legend Quest: Season 1*
Ultimate Beastmaster*
Ultimate Beastmaster Mexcio*
VeggieTales in the City: Season 1*

Feb. 26

Night Will Fall

Feb. 27

Brazilian Western*

Feb. 28

Be Here Now*
Michael Birbiglia: Thank God for Jokes*

Feb. 7

Michael Bolton's Big, Sexy Valentine's Day Special*

ShnonFK.png

?

Also, I hear Babe 2 is underrated. Will have to check that out.

Babe 2 is really damn good. So underrated and very inventive and whimsical.

Also, Feb 11 for Crazy Ex Girlfriend. Everyone needs to jump on that and join the OT.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Was Season 1 worth the watch? I watched the first couple episodes, liked them OK, then got sidetracked with something else and completely forgot the show existed until seeing this post.

sounds like you answered your own question?

i enjoyed the series. i know some people didn't because they felt both main characters were terrible/annoying people lol

tomtom94

Birdman is up in the UK, unexpectedly. Might have to give it a watch for "see what the fuss is about" purposes.

Watched Foxcatcher last night, can see why it got as much attention as it did but not a Best Picture nom - Bennett Miller is definitely better at directing actors' performances than he is visuals or plot.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

13th: A Conversation with Oprah Winfrey & Ava DuVernay (Doc, Social, Netflix Original)
Era el Cielo (Drama, Foreign)
General Cemetery (Horror, Supernatural, Foreign)
Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
iBoy (Thriller, SciFi, Netflix Original)
Juana Ines Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Kazoops Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
No Tomorrow Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Drama)
Ripper Street Season 4 (TV, Drama)
Shadow of Truth (TV, Doc, Crime)
Sharknado: The 4th Awakens (Comedy)
The Secret of Evil (Horror, Foreign)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Here you go:

February 1

A.C.O.D.
An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky
An Inconvenient Truth
Ashby
Black Hawk Down
Bratz: Babyz: The Movie
Bratz: Super Babyz
Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure
Clerks
Elizabeth
Extract
Failure to Launch
Frida
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Jackass 2.5
The Kite Runner
Lalaloopsy Girls: Welcome to L.A.L.A. Prep School
Last Holiday
The Machinist
Mission: Impossible III
The Original Latin Kings of Comedy
Sahara
Save the Last Dance
Serving Sara
Star Trek: Nemesis
There Will be Blood
Trainspotting
What's Eating Gilbert Grape

February 7

Justin Bieber's Believe

February 12

Grounded for Life, seasons 1-5

February 13

The Nut Job
Scary Movie 5

February 15

Brothers in War
Chris Porter: Ugly and Angry
Closure
Exile Nation: The Plastic People
Jack Frost
I Am Not a Hipster
The Man on Her Mind
Plastic Paradise: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
Prince of Broadway
Stephanie in the Water
Unlikely Animal Friends, season 2

February 16

Santa Claws
Somewhere

February 17

Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year

February 19

Problem Child: Leslie Jones

February 28

Clueless

Laekon

Is The Machinist worth watching before it is taken down? It's been on my list forever but don't remember ever hearing about it.

tchocky

Is The Machinist worth watching before it is taken down? It's been on my list forever but don't remember ever hearing about it.

It is only really remembered because of Bale's extreme weight loss I have not seen it since release so not sure how it has aged but I remember it being a good but not great movie.

Vyer

binged all of Crazy Ex GF. So unique, really creative and...well, I'm not gonna praise another aspect of it for spoiler sake. I was not expecting anything other than your general CW show when I was going in. lol

Also, Neal Brennan's comedy special (3 Mics) is pretty solid. He actually does three different types of shows and alternates between them; one liners deliver, standup routine, and a more biographical type of stand up. It's pretty well done.

berzeli

Banned
Not every.
Netflix Paying $12.5M For Dee Rees-Directed ‘Mudbound’ – Sundance
While the Sundance Film Festival prizes were awarded yesterday, they’ve saved the biggest sale for last. Netflix has paid $12.5 million for Mudbound, the Dee Rees-directed drama that stars Carey Mulligan, Jason Clarke, Jason Mitchell, Mary J. Blige, Rob Morgan, Garrett Hedlund, and Jonathan Banks. The deal closing is for U.S. rights and select other territories, after Good Universe sold other territories around the world.
Dee Rees is great. As is Carey Mulligan. Probably my most hyped film at Sundance.
I'm also really looking forward to The Incredible Jessica James

OraleeWey

Anyone want to recommend some TV shows ?

So far over the years I've seen LOST, Prison Break, AMC TWD, Breaking Bad, The 100. Just to get an idea of my interests.

Edit: I'd prefer it if the TV show was complete.

Anyone want to recommend some TV shows ?

So far over the years I've seen LOST, Prison Break, AMC TWD, Breaking Bad, The 100. Just to get an idea of my interests.

Edit: I'd prefer it if the TV show was complete.

Burn notice (7 season complete) - amazing show I watched week to week as it aired
fringe - (5 seasons iirc, complete) one of the best tv shows ever imo, another show I watched week to week an also rewatched like twice
supernatural (still ongoing but 11 seasons on netflix) - Overall solid series with many many episodes that are individually really really good imo.

the arrowverse shows (the arrow, the flash, supergirl, legends of tommorrow) - start with the arrow as there is a timeline to these shows with crossover episodes. I think season 3 of the arrow happens at the same time as season 1 of flash. Then supergirl starts during season 4 of the arrow. Legends of tommorrow starts during season 4 of the arrow (or thereabouts). In the current seasons of the show there is a 4 episode crossover including all 4 shows. It's still an ongoing series but really worth checking out. Like 8 seasons between the 4 shows on netflix atm.

OraleeWey

Burn notice (7 season complete) - amazing show I watched week to week as it aired
fringe - (5 seasons iirc, complete) one of the best tv shows ever imo, another show I watched week to week an also rewatched like twice
supernatural (still ongoing but 11 seasons on netflix) - Overall solid series with many many episodes that are individually really really good imo.

the arrowverse shows (the arrow, the flash, supergirl, legends of tommorrow) - start with the arrow as there is a timeline to these shows with crossover episodes. I think season 3 of the arrow happens at the same time as season 1 of flash. Then supergirl starts during season 4 of the arrow. Legends of tommorrow starts during season 4 of the arrow (or thereabouts). In the current seasons of the show there is a 4 episode crossover including all 4 shows. It's still an ongoing series but really worth checking out. Like 8 seasons between the 4 shows on netflix atm.

Thanks for the suggestions. All shows I've never seen before. I will definitely check them out and start watching at least one of them.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Antibirth (Indie, Horror)
Journey to Greenland (Comedy, Foreign)
Swing State (Comedy)
Targeted (Doc, Political)
Tarzan and Jane Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

Top Bottom