• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Menaged

The Expanse is good but the show doesn't have all the science the book does. They kind of pass over describing some of the interesting technology. Highly recommend the books as a really good, easy, and entertaining read if you can find them on sale or in the local library.

Its also not streaming in the US. It is streaming on Amazon prime in the US.

I don't think I'll read the books since I don't have much time for that, but noted - maybe one day.

It's streaming in Israel (showing as Netflix Original) so I'm good on that front. I think I'll add it to my constantly growing list.

They've added all the Indiana Jones movies to Netflix in Norway. Binge time.

Oh, and Lethal Weapon 2-4. They already had the first one on there.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

After Innocence (Doc, Social)
A Good Wife Season 1 (TV, Drama)
An American in Madras (Doc, Bio, Foreign)
American Pie Presents: Band Camp (Comedy)
Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (Comedy, Romantic)

Around the World in 80 Days ('04, Action, Comedy)
Auothead (Thriller, Comedy, Foreign)
Beautiful Girls (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Becoming Zlatan (Doc, Sports, Foreign)
Bee Movie (Family)

Bella (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Boogie Nights (Drama)
Braveheart (Action)
Bridget Jones's Diary (Romantic, Comedy)

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (Romantic, Comedy)
Caddyshack (Comedy)
Cheap Thrills (Indie, Dark Comedy)
Collateral Damage (Action, Thriller)
Corrupt Crimes Season 1 (TV, Crime, Doc)
Cradle 2 the Grave (Action)

Des Vents Contraires (Drama, Foreign)
Dreamcatcher (SciFi, Horror, Supernatural, Thriller, ?, Who the heck knows)
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (Family)
El Dorado ('66, Action)
Ex-Boyfriend Season 1 (TV, Comedy)

Fire with Fire (Action, Thriller)
Gimme the Loot (Indie, Drama)
Happy 300 Days Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
Hellevator Season 2 (TV, Reality)
Hugo (Family)

Hurricane Bianca (Indie, Comedy, LGBT)
In Between Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
In the Land of Women (Romantic, Comedy)
Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (Doc, Music)
License to Drive (Comedy)
Martin Lawrence Live: Runteldat (Standup)

Menace II Society (Thriller)
Mia and Me Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Mystery Team (Indie, Comedy)
Nancy Drew (Family)
Ocean's Twelve (Thriller)

Peppa Pig Season 1-2 (TV, Kids)
Petting Zoo (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Radiopetti (Drama, Foreign)
Real Detective Season 1 (TV, Doc)
Rameo (Romantic, Drama)

Saheb Bibi Golaam (Drama, Foreign)
Saving Mes Aynak (Doc, Social)
Someone Like You (Romantic, Comedy)
Superman: II, III, IV, Returns, The Movie (Action)
Tales of Hallown (Horror, Comedy)

Tayo The Little Bus Season 2 (TV,Kids)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ('07, Animated, Family)
The Day the Earth Stood Still ('51, SciFi)
The Inn of the Sixth Happiness (Drama)
The Land of the Enlightened (Doc, Cultural, Foreign)
The Last Shaman (Doc, Social)

The Man with One Red Shoe (Action, Comedy)
The Manhattan Project (Thriller, SciFi)
The Parent Trap ('61, Family)
The Perfect Physique (Doc, Cultural)
The Rat Race (Doc, Science)

The Shinning (Thriller)
The Sons of Katie Elder (Western)
The Switch (Romantic, Comedy)
To Be a Miss (Doc, Cultural)
Trudell (Doc, Bio)

Udta Punjab (Drama, Foreign)
V for Vendetta (Thriller)
Vanilla Sky (Thriller, Romantic)
Who's Gonna Love Me Now? Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
Who's The One Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
What is Love? Season 1 (TV, Comedy)

Susurrus

So something I found out that kind of helps some people get shows from other seasons...I realize this isn't VPN access to everything level, but better than nothing utilizing the new download feature.

I live in Germany, but the show I wanted to watch is in just about every country that isn't Germany. I went to Belgium for a night to check out the Brussels Christmas Market, and while I was there, downloaded all 32 episodes to my tablet.

Brought it back to Germany, and popped open the My Downloads tab to check if it works. "Not available in your region." Turn on Airplane mode, and then was able to watch.

Watching periodically, but 5/6 days later, it says I have to "renew download" (relicensing as we know it). Well shit, I am still in Germany. Might as well give this a try: I can VPN to the USA which also has the same show. Turns out, VPN detection doesn't apply to relicensing, and I am able to update the licenses on each episode I haven't watched & deleted yet, and it works again.

TL;DR version:
- Travel to another country, download movie/show to tablet.
- After returning home, turn off data & wifi to watch.
- After 5/6 days it wants to relicense, Netflix doesn't check for VPN for this, connect to ANY country that has the same movie/show, and relicense.
- Audio/subtitle options will stay with the original download, regardless of where you relicensed.

My HDMI adapter is still in the mail for my Tab 4, but theoretically you can watch it on your TV if your device supports it.

Again, I realize this is only helpful if you travel to a country that has what you want, the movie/show supports the download feature, connection is sufficient where you're staying, and you're good using your mobile device to watch, but a small workaround that will help some travelers and people that live near other countries.

kottila

I've just gotten netflix, so could someone explain the best way to keep track of shows you have watched them? Are you supposed to remove them from "my list"? If you don't they'll just be in the way, but if I remove them, I'm afraid I'll miss out on new seasons

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I've just gotten netflix, so could someone explain the best way to keep track of shows you have watched them? Are you supposed to remove them from "my list"? If you don't they'll just be in the way, but if I remove them, I'm afraid I'll miss out on new seasons

Netflix will add text to the show picture title saying there are new episodes. Generally, Netflix will give you a heads up when new episodes are added, if they felt you liked the show.

v1lla21

Has anyone else checked out Medici?
I saw the first episode and don't know what to think. Seems Good enough to warrant a watch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 11 (TV, Comedy)
Jen Kirkman: Just Keep Livin’? (Standup, Netflix Original)

Susurrus

So what I've been doing is rate everything I watch via either streaming, disc rental, or other not-netflix means. I have been doing this since I started in like 2005 or something, so it is pretty accurate. Granted, I miss something every now and then if I forget after seeing it in theaters or an airplane, or whatever. Definitely after streaming, though. Then yes, you can remove it. Whenever more seasons of an show come out that I've watched, Netflix usually gives me an email or notification saying something like "Sexy Elderly Women Season 72 is now available" and a link to add it to my list.

Episode 9 of Travelers was nuts. This show has been getting better with each episode. The only negative for me so far is the baby daddy. God this bitch ass dude is annoying.

daffy

Banned
Is Easy worth watching? I feel like there's too many big names in it and its actually just a piece of shit... anyone know

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I feel like there's too many big names in it and its actually just a piece of shit...

d3P7kp8.jpg

Croash

Just finished Travelers, I really loved the cast and the different situations they were in. Ready for Season 2 whenever it comes.

The way this show surprised me is that you'd imagine the entire season would be about
preparing for that important mission they were all sent to accomplish, with the finale being about how it all went down
and halfway through
bam! Mission done. What the fuck do we do, now?
The time they spend fleshing out their characters is great.

David <3

After The Expanse and this, I'm not sure what's next for me. Sense8 maybe?

Is Easy worth watching? I feel like there's too many big names in it and its actually just a piece of shit... anyone know
They're all standalone episodes (with the exception of two). Some are solid, others not so much. On the whole, more good than bad. I'd recommend it if you like the actors. At the very least watch the episode with Malin Akerman and Kate Micucci. *wew*

RedAssedApe

Banned

i liked the episode with marc marron. none of the other episode synopses vibed with me so i haven't bothered to watch them yet.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Back and Forth (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Code of Honor (Action, Thriller)
Marvel's Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell (Family)
Rampage: President Down (Action, Thriller)

sammex

I watched this last week, thought they were mixed in quality but it was decent in general. Episodes are only like 20ish minutes long. It also confirmed that Dave Franco is the worst, I just want to punch him in his smirking face.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Alpha and Omega 7 (Kids)
Coin Heist (Family, Netflix Original)
Crime Scene Investigation Center Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
D-Day Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Degrassi: Next Class Season 3 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Growing up Coy (Doc, LGBT)
Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu Season 4 (TV, Kids)
Lego: Friends Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Lego: Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload (TV, Kids)
Love in Her Bag Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Madame Antoine Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Miss Sharon Jones (Doc, Music)
One Day at a Time Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Plane Resurrection Season 1 (TV, Doc, Historical)
Rustom (Drama, Foreign)
Tarzan and Jane Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Under the Shadow (Thriller, Supernatural)

I had just rented Under The Shadow last week with the Amazon $0.99 deal. It's really good. The wartime situation of 1980s Tehran and the culture/treatment towards women gave the entire movie this oppressive tension that honestly was more gripping than any of the actual horror IMO, and helped make the horror elements scarier and feel more dangerous

Added today:

Alpha and Omega 7 (Kids)
Coin Heist (Family, Netflix Original)
Crime Scene Investigation Center Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
D-Day Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Degrassi: Next Class Season 3 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Growing up Coy (Doc, LGBT)
Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu Season 4 (TV, Kids)
Lego: Friends Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Lego: Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload (TV, Kids)
Love in Her Bag Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Madame Antoine Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Miss Sharon Jones (Doc, Music)
One Day at a Time Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Plane Resurrection Season 1 (TV, Doc, Historical)
Rustom (Drama, Foreign)
Tarzan and Jane Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Under the Shadow (Thriller, Supernatural)

They seem to be adding a ton of these originals lately.

Edit: Yo GK86 you accidentally listed Menace II Society as a comedy.

Laekon

The Colony turned out to be better then I expected. Fairly smart show that can go in a lot of directions. A lot of beautiful people as main characters though.

The Colony turned out to be better then I expected. Fairly smart show that can go in a lot of directions. A lot of beautiful people as main characters though.
I'm on like ep 3 or 4 right now. Enjoying it. Seems like it could turn out to be pretty good. We could use more beautiful ppl! Character casting
it was hard for me to unsee Carl Weathers Arressted Development character at first lol

Edit: Fuck, bouta binge colony. Got nothing better to do today

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Best and Most Beautiful Things (Doc, Bio)
Best Friends Whenever Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Happily Married (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Kim Gaffigan: Cinco (Standup, Netflix Original)
Ratchet and Clank (Family)
The Watcher (Thriller)
We're Lalaloopsy Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

Top Bottom