• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batmobile pics from Batman Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

karasu

Kuroyume said:
I don't think any of us expected anything high tech but that thing looks more high tech than anything yet not including the 95 one which is ridiculous. If this was supposed to be low tech, the batsmobile would be looking like the car from the punisher or blade's car and not some really f'd up Mad Max vehicle.

I totally agree.

way more

I with those that like it. It's kind of like the tank he drove in Dark Knight Returns and I like ugly cars.

batmobile.jpg

Dujour

Banned
I loved the Batmobile in the Dark Knight Returns, but that's near the end of his career, after som riots. Also, it's about five times bigger. The best one is from the animated series, the Burton one looks like it should've been the Ambiguously Gay Duo's ride.

CrunchyB

Heh, great picture.

I prefer the Burton Batmobile over the Animated Series, which also rocks.

Dead last is the '94 travesty ;)

from what i have been able to gather (and at the same time trying to stay away from actually readin the script or any kind of spoilers), this isn't even technically the actual batmobile. ITs just a military prototype that WayneTech is building. You can't expect it to have all kinds of bat symbols or wings and shit if thats the case. Im sure if there are sequels, as Batman's character gets more experienced and developed, you'll start to see his little gadgets get more personalized. (though i hope it never gets TOO carried away. No Bat Sonar suit from Batman Forever, or any of that kind of shit. I like the fact that they seem to be trying to keep it relatively grounded and somewhat realistic, in spite of the movie being about a guy that dresses like a bat.)

Kuroyume said:
I don't think any of us expected anything high tech but that thing looks more high tech than anything yet not including the 95 one which is ridiculous. If this was supposed to be low tech, the batsmobile would be looking like the car from the punisher or blade's car and not some really f'd up Mad Max vehicle.

IAWTP.

But I'm holding out my final judgement until I find out the actual context in which it is used in the story.

mattx5

Some people need to reserve their judgement till they either see the movie or read the script. (Thanks to the people who are following this advice)

IT IS NOT THE BATMOBILE.

*small spoiler*

It is a fucking TANK that Bruce borrows from a Wayne Industries lab, and it`s only used in a short (No more than 10-15 minutes I guess) city-rooftop chase sequence in the film.

IT WORKS WELL IN THE SCRIPT!

IT IS NOT THE BATMOBILE!

THE SCRIPT TAKES ALL THE GOOD ELEMENTS FROM BATMAN: YEAR ONE!

THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO KICK ASS!

Jumpman

If Batman is using a bunch military equipment from Wayne's companies, wouldn't it be pretty easy for a decent reporter to figure out his real identity?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Jumpman said:
If Batman is using a bunch military equipment from Wayne's companies, wouldn't it be pretty easy for a decent reporter to figure out his real identity?

Except the only thing that's clearly from Wayne Enterprise is the tank-looking thing. Everything else is cleverly disguised.

Jumpman

Willco said:
Except the only thing that's clearly from Wayne Enterprise is the tank-looking thing. Everything else is cleverly disguised.

Yeah but the tank is pretty damn gawdy! Anyone who see's it is going to go, WTF. Once stories of a man dressed as a bat, running around in a jet tank solving crimes gets in the media, they won't rest until they find out who Batman is. The list of people who could get a hold of a military prototype like this, can't be very long.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Jumpman said:
Yeah but the tank is pretty damn gawdy! Anyone who see's it is going to go, WTF. Once stories of a man dressed as a bat, running around in a jet tank solving crimes gets in the media, they won't rest until they find out who Batman is. The list of people who could get a hold of a military prototype like this, can't be very long.

Well, you have to understand, this is a prototype that never saw the light of day out of Lucious Fox's warehouse. The only person that knows of it is Fox and it's insinuated in the script that he knows Wayne is Batman, but will keep quiet.

There's a few good bits in the script where Bruce goes through great lengths to keep his Batsuit items secret, even by ordering thousands of units of one item only though he needs a few so it doesn't look suspiscious (even though it's not like he orders a BAT COWL or anything) on the Wayne Enterprises books.

Jumpman

Willco said:
Well, you have to understand, this is a prototype that never saw the light of day out of Lucious Fox's warehouse. The only person that knows of it is Fox and it's insinuated in the script that he knows Wayne is Batman, but will keep quiet.

Oh, I see. I am staying far, far away from spoilers, so I have no knowledge of the script. I really hope this movie turns out great. They obviously see the money that can be made when you do a superhero movie right (see spiderman). I am hoping that this forces them to make Batman the great movie it should be. I am skeptical since the last two Batman movies were crappy, but I try to remain optimistic.

Jumpman said:

a reporter could also tell Clark Kent to take off his glasses and put 2 and 2 together. Things don't work that way in comics.

Shinobi

Jumpman said:

And driving around in the prototypical one-off sleek ass Batmobile that's totally bulletproof isn't going to give the same "WTF" effect? Anyone driving tech like that is either going to be rich, or connected to someone who's rich. Even Bane figured that much out.

SaitoH said:
Frank Miller's version in Dark Knight Returns.

miller.gif

Maybe that's what they based the design off of?

From all indications, that's the inspiration for it's design.

Ninja Scooter said:
damn, Christian Bale got buffed out to play Batman.
13331__bale_l.jpg

Eat that Toby Maguire!

Didn't you see him in American Psycho or Reign of Fire? Christian changes his physique more than Robert De Niro. He lost weigt for that new movie (The Machinist?), and he bulked up for Batman Begins.

(Off-topic: Also check out Matthew McConaughey in Reign of FIre as well. I didn't even recognize him. He got seriously ripped for that movie. Cheezy movie with some strong perfomances by him and Bale.)

I think all is well with the movie, and there is a reaosn WHY the Batmobile looks the way it does. Remember this is the origin and Batman had to start with a prototype.....

Nice pics in this thread too.......

here's probably the best look at what the batsuit will look like so far. Its from some promotional merchandising artwork that was released:
batman.jpg

Jumpman

Ninja Scooter said:
a reporter could also tell Clark Kent to take off his glasses and put 2 and 2 together. Things don't work that way in comics.

Yeah, that's true. I guess you have to make allowances for things like this if you want to enjoy comic book type stories.

Shinobi said:
And driving around in the prototypical one-off sleek ass Batmobile that's totally bulletproof isn't going to give the same "WTF" effect? Anyone driving tech like that is either going to be rich, or connected to someone who's rich. Even Bane figured that much out.

Of course, any Batmobile is going to draw attention. I was just saying that using a prototype so obviously connected to one of Wayne's companies would make it easy to connect Batman to Bruce.

I'm not worried about this anymore though, thanks to Willco's explanation in his earlier post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom