• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New? DQVIII Screens - The Boat!

olimario

Banned
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20041112/dq.htm

dq01.jpg
dq02.jpg
dq03.jpg

dq04.jpg

dq05.jpg
dq06.jpg
dq07.jpg
dq08.jpg
dq09.jpg
dq10.jpg
dq11.jpg
dq12.jpg

dq13.jpg
dq14.jpg
dq15.jpg
dq16.jpg
dq17.jpg
dq18.jpg
dq19.jpg
dq20.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
MarkMacD said:
Fuck the boat--the tiger!

(Who appears, from the first pic anyway, to be sweetly retarded.)

Hahaha, that made me :lol

Anyway, very impressive pictures. Can't stand the art or designs behind the characters, but the cel-shading is top notch and of course it is DQVIII.

Amir0x said:
Hahaha, that made me :lol

Anyway, very impressive pictures. Can't stand the art or designs behind the characters, but the cel-shading is top notch and of course it is DQVIII.

You're quickly becoming one of my favorite new posters.

Ranger X

Damn, i wanna play this game. I suppose it will be my first "good enough for my picky taste" Dragon Warrior since errr... the fourth one? ;)

element

Wyzdom said:
You serious there? lol
he is actually right. They are simply adding a thick line around the character, and being smart about their texture colors in how it relates to the model. The entire world isn't cel shaded.

looks really good, but i think it might look better in still pics than in motion. From the short amount of video i've seen, it seems to have the same kind of stiff, robotic animation as Dark Cloud 2.

Timbuktu

just in terms of looks, Wind Waker looks better, just has more integrity. The characters and the landscape looks like they're from a different universe. It looks like they wanted to do Wind Waker cel-shading but didn't bother to go the full length because they know the game will sell anyway. But this reminds me why I want a Wind Waker style game with darker, more sophisticated themes and designs.

Edit: Yeah, it does remind of OoT, especially with the landscape looking quite sparse and not very populated

SantaC

olimario said:
I'm in the same boat. Level 5 have a very distinct 'oot-ish' style.
It was evident in TFLO and it is evident here.

god, I can't wait for the return of a great hyrule field again. I remember the time when I first walked into the field ala 1998. What a moment.

My most anticipated up and coming game period, even over Halflife 2

DQVII was the best RPG I've ever played, although between it and Skies of Arcadia Legends, it's a tough one to call; KOTOR gets a honourable mention as well.

This game can't come soon enough :D

snapty00

Banned
Man, those graphics are awesome...at first glance, some parts really do look like they were drawn by hand.

Of course, I'd bet anything this entire game oozes boredom.

ferricide

snapty00 said:
Of course, I'd bet anything this entire game oozes boredom.
can't wait!

when people complain about JRPGs being all about hitting X, i usually want to argue, but here's the main offender.

i still get queasy when i think about DWVII for too long.

god, this is pretty, though. i really do hope it's good. surely it can't be so basic and boring as the last one? it's on PS2. it's 2004. there's no way. right? ....... right?

firex

hey now, we all know DQ games aren't just hitting X over and over again. I mean they added the auto battle stuff for a reason!

jett

D-Member
I can't wait for this game, I freaking loved DQ7, shit, I even liked the graphics(I found them "charming")...but for some reason the more I see of DQ8 the more uninspired it looks.

ferricide

jett said:
shit, I even liked the graphics(I found them "charming")...but for some reason the more I see of DQ8 the more uninspired it looks.
someone reversed the polarity of your optic nerve.

Top Bottom