• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that Beerus and Whis are now sort of main characters. Love both those characters.

Hopefully they will be able to score the VA's for both of them throughout the show when it hits in the US.

Jigolo

Preview ScreensCaps
WYMUktA.jpg

The GOAT is back.

Anth0ny

initial impressions:

-I like the outfits.
-The animation looks pretty good, but I have a bad feeling it'll look good for the first episode then fall off from there, or be super inconsistent.
-That song playing in the background fucking sucks. Get Kageyama back you bastards.

I love that Beerus and Whis are now sort of main characters. Love both those characters.

Hopefully they will be able to score the VA's for both of them throughout the show when it hits in the US.

It's Goku's M.O. Turn enemies into Friends literally every Z fighter, that wasn't born into being one, was Antagonistic in some way in their introduction

I-hate-u

initial impressions:

-I like the outfits.
-The animation looks pretty good, but I have a bad feeling it'll look good for the first episode then fall off from there, or be super inconsistent.
-That song playing in the background fucking sucks. Get Kageyama back you bastards.

giphy.gif

Guri

I know everyone is talking about Super now, but let me just stop and say that I'm glad this didn't happen on Kai again:

And back to Super:

initial impressions:

-I like the outfits.

YES!

Ishida

Banned
Takes place before the end of Z? Wow.

I have zero interest in watching what will basically amount to filler.

Well, Beerus and Whis seem to be on Super, so perhaps the new series starts before the end of DBZ, and then moves forward to after Battle of Gods.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Takes place before the end of Z? Wow.

I have zero interest in watching what will basically amount to filler.
My opinion is this, although not as extreme. Hype significantly diminished.

cLOUDo

Well, Beerus and Whis seem to be on Super, so perhaps the new series starts before the end of DBZ, and then moves forward to after Battle of Gods.

Maybe in the last episode Whis rewind the time and nothing happens
XP

Buu fights, Battle of gods, resurrection of F, DB Super, DBZ Ending

this is the "new" timeline (correct me if i wrong)

I-hate-u

Piccolo's image in that promo art is the third largest. I hope that is indicative of his role rank in this series.

Lmao @ Gohan, relegated to the side

Calcaneus

Piccolo's image in that promo art is the third largest. I hope that is indicative of his role rank in this series.

Lmao @ Gohan, relegated to the side
Piccolo being involved and important always makes the series better. He's always been a good balance to the others personalities so I hope he isn't just playing babysitter this time around.

Mortemis

Banned
Seeing how so many characters look the same as them in BoG (Krillin still having hair for instance), I'm nearly sure it takes place before RoF. :(

zulux21

Seeing how so many characters look the same as them in BoG (Krillin still having hair for instance), I'm nearly sure it takes place before RoF. :(

ideally it will be a 25 or so episode first arc, and then a decent time jump. I want this to get past the end of Z to allow the younger kids to grow up and be more useful.

plus i want mustache vegeta back :p

Vidiot

Why is Gohan carrying Videl? She can fly on her own.

Also is there any chance this series makes the very end of Z not canon anymore? I mean by the time Uub comes along even if Goku could train him to use Kid Buu's full power it would be shit compared to Super Sayian god. Seems pointless.

wmlk

Why is Gohan carrying Videl? She can fly on her own.

Also is there any chance this series makes the very end of Z not canon anymore? I mean by the time Uub comes along even if Goku could train him to use Kid Buu's full power it would be shit compared to Super Sayian god. Seems pointless.

I loved Videl and Gohan's relationship at the beginning of the Buu saga. Videl will obviously be pushed aside now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom