• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM scores tomorrow?

Spike

JC10001 said:
I'm gonna slap up a wager that Halo 2 gets what it deserves. I smelling 8s and 8.5s.

3rdman said:

fixed.

:)

Actually, I think all the major games will score lower than we are anticipating. It'll be one of the smaller-scale titles that'll probably shock us all with a better review.

Spike said:
Actually, I think all the major games will score lower than we are anticipating. It'll be one of the smaller-scale titles that'll probably shock us all with a better review.

Like Prince of Persia Warrior Within. :D

Mrbob

If Prince of Persia 2 even has one score above 8.0 you might as well question the credibility of the entire journalistic industry.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm not so sure about MGS3. I have some fears about how this game will perform at retail.
Same here. I'm almost 100% positive I'll like it a lot, but I want it to sell at least well enough to keep the series alive and continue with the same development strength and budget. It's that much worse considering just how many games that I really, really like tend to sell so poorly.

Having said that, it was nice to see MGS3 winning on that Gamefaqs poll yesterday (PS2 game you're looking forward the most in november) with such a commanding lead :)

Marconelly said:
Same here. I'm almost 100% positive I'll like it a lot, but I want it to sell at least well enough to keep the series alive and continue with the same development strength and budget. It's that much worse considering just how many games that I really, really like tend to sell so poorly.

Having said that, it was nice to see MGS3 winning on that Gamefaqs poll yesterday (PS2 game you're looking forward the most in november) with such a commanding lead :)

hear, hear!!! MGS3 gameplay is far superior to 2 as two was superior to one.

Marconelly said:

Well, as much as I worry about MGS3, it's more a matter of relative strengths. I still expect it to clobber R&C, Jak 3, Killzone, Smackdown, etc. It should be the #2 game behind GTA for the PS2 in November.

Mrbob

How much did Metal Gear Solid 2 sell when it November when it first came out? I thought it was only like 300-400K. The only reason I think I may remember this is that Konami announced they shipped like 1.8 million copies of the game and there were a bunch of trolls claiming the game bombed. Well it's over 2 million sold now! :D

I really wish that EGM had a PC section, so we could get some HL 2 scores from them (oh well)

Can't wait for the MP2, MGS3, and GTA: SA scores

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Well it's over 2 million sold now!
That's US only, right? It's weird if it sold only 300-400K initially, given all the hype, and how much it sold later on... Hyped games, regardless of their quality, usually don't sell nearly as much in their later months as they do initially.

Marconelly said:
That's US only, right? It's weird if it sold only 300-400K initially, given all the hype, and how much it sold later on... Hyped games, regardless of their quality, usually don't sell nearly as much in their later months as they do initially.

It was big immediately.

http://jaehakim.com/columns/tech/gamecube2.htm
But PlayStation 2's "Metal Gear Solid 2" is now the top seller, moving more than one million units in its first week of sales.

thorns

Banned
olimario said:
Where did you see it and did it come with any other scores?

I saw it on teamxbox, but no other scores with it and it's most likely fake (although I don't think the real score will be too far from that).

Mrbob

I'll be disappointed if the EGM Holiday Issue Review score thread doesn't topple the Resident Evil 4 to PS2 thread.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Here's a second vote for "cryptic hints" from that one guy who knows that one stuff from that one magazine.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Uh, is that saying much?
I remember reading that quote from one of the guys on the PSM board, who was talking to a game's reviewer.

I guess it says that if you liked either of first two games, you'll probably liked this one even more?

Does anyone want me to tell you what's in the new Ranger Rick? I can totally spoil it for you.

Raccoon in Tree: 8.5 7.0 6.0

says it's been done before. Needs at least 2 animals to be interesting

Makeshift bird feeder using a pinecone and peanut butter: 5.0 7.5 4.0

Tastes like someone shit on a pinetree. Birds and parents hate it.

Squirrel on old man's face: 8.0 9.0 9.0

A triumph. Finally someone's doing what I'm thinking. Squirrell's coat not too fluffy.

Redbeard

Banned
Some other scores, allegedly (XBN):

DOA:U = 7/10
N.U.D.E = 4/10
Yourself Fitness = 7/10
Fatal Frame = 9/10
Dukes of Hazzard = 4/10
x-men legends = 8/10
Rocky legends = 7/10
SVC CHAOS = 3/10
THUG 2 = 9/10
DDRU 2 = 7/10
Karaoke revolution = 8/10
tak2 = 6/10
spyro = 5/10
badboys = 2/10
shark tale=4/10
NFSU2=8/10

olimario

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Pretty impressive if true. XBN is absolutely brutal when it comes to reviews. They scathe everything.
Is this a joke? Didn't Nacmo's breakdown make it into their top 50 XBOX titles?

Top Bottom