• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM scores tomorrow?

bitwise

Banned
i dont know what xbn was smoking when they wrote that breakdown review. i hated that game.

but, thats about the only review i can think of that I disagreed with from them.

Redbeard

Banned
According to Gameranking's stats on XBN:

Number of All Reviews Higher than the Average: 81
Number of All Reviews Lower than the Average: 398

GhaleonEB

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Yep. Read the mag.

As far as I know, XBN has only given out two perfect tens: Halo and Steel Battlalion. If anyone knows differently, please correct me.

But yeah, they are generally pretty brutal. Every mag I've ever read has had it's 'WTF?!?!' moments, and XBN is no exception, but on the whole they are pretty harsh, handing scores in the range of 4-6 what other sites/mags usually give a 7.

*edit*

Redbeard said:
According to Gameranking's stats on XBN:

Number of All Reviews Higher than the Average: 81
Number of All Reviews Lower than the Average: 398

Perfect, a solid case for what I just said. :D

Gribbix

GhaleonEB said:
As far as I know, XBN has only given out two perfect tens: Halo and Steel Battlalion. If anyone knows differently, please correct me.

Actually, Prince of Persia, Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack, and Burnout 3 have also all scored 10s.

MarkMacD

OK, OK, fine--the review you are all waiting for:

eyetoy: antigrav
8.5 (robert) "authentically new experience in a sea of holiday sequels"
6.0 (kevin) "pretty...but more work than play"
7.0 (GMR-carrie) "revolutionary...gameplay kinda repetitive...(but) technology is exciting"

MarkMacD said:

7.0 (GMR-carrie) "revolutionary...gameplay kinda repetitive...(but) technology is exciting"

I knew it would be overrated.

Redbeard said:
Some other scores, allegedly (XBN):

DOA:U = 7/10
Yourself Fitness = 7/10
Rocky legends = 7/10
SVC CHAOS = 3/10

yourself fitness is as good as DOAU? Sell you xbox.. its ALL OVER. That SVC Chaos score is disastrous.

MrparisSM

Banned
olimario said:
They aren't out yet.
If they were, I don't think we'd need to PM them.

Someone stated they have an inside connection to them. And since the mag isn't out yet... I didn't think they could post them yet? Some douche bag probably lyin though.. oh well....

Gribbix

sonycowboy said:
Yeah. Real Tough Crowd

Ummm. Why are you using Yourself Fitness as an example? First, there are very few reviews of it. Second, of those few reviews, they're all fairly positive.

Mrbob

I've dug into my sources and found the Halo 2 EGM scores! :D

Tommorrow:

49105main_popcorn.jpg

Mrbob said:

Tommorrow:

49105main_popcorn.jpg

come on. Spill. I want to know. 10 10 10? If yes. reply with "I can't say" :D

* i only foresee popcorn if the score isn't perfect / lacklustre. What are you saying??!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i enjoy 2d fighters about as superficially as is possible. so someone has to explain to me what's so spectacularly wrong with svc chaos. it seems perfectly serviceable to me, with some pleasing character inclusions and interpretations. it's a bit dry. it could've done with a team or tag battle system. and i understand that it's too "broken" for serious competitive play. but i don't think it's dramatically better or worse than most modern 2d fighters. i'd buy it if it didn't cost 50 FUCKING DOLLARS WHAT WERE YOU THINKING PLAYMORE.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Mrbob said:

Tommorrow:

49105main_popcorn.jpg

I like how that image is from NASA. :lol

Mrbob said:

Tommorrow:

49105main_popcorn.jpg

You don't know jack.

Although, I think we can safely say, that no matter what the scores, the thread will be entertaining.

AniHawk

Halo 2 will get perfect 10s, because it's the second coming of CHRIST and his good friend, Santa.

Metroid Prime 2 will get mostly mid-9s because while it is good, it's not as good as its predecessor, though multi will keep some interested for longer.

MGS 3 will score lower than 9.5s since MGS 2 left a sour taste in people's mouths.

Ratchet & Clank will probably do as well as MP2 or in between MGS 3 and MP2.

Jak 3 will score in the 8s, like the last two.

San Andreas will be the runner-up to Halo 2.

IF, IF Halo 2 doesn't get GotM, it will be San Andreas- for doing everything the previous two GTA games did far better and more.

WarPig

drohne said:
i enjoy 2d fighters about as superficially as is possible. so someone has to explain to me what's so spectacularly wrong with svc chaos...

It's bastard ugly, the online play lags, the game systems manage an astonishing regression from even SNK's lowered present standards, Chun-Li's thighs are about six times the size they ought to be, and even as a non-competitive player the collision glitches and other random wacky shit bug the living fuck out of me. Everything about it makes me want to holler "I'VE PLAYED MARK OF THE WOLVES! SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Or, alternatively, "GUILTY GEAR COSTS 20 DOLLARS! SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

DFS.

Solid

Here is my predictions (from the last EGM thread).

Halo 2: (10, 10, 9.5) - GotM
MGS3: (10, 9.5, 9.5,)
GTASA: (10, 9.5, 8.5)
PoP:WW: (9.5, 9, 8.5)
Killzone: (9, 8.5, 7.5)

WarPig said:
It's bastard ugly, the online play lags, the game systems manage an astonishing regression from even SNK's lowered present standards, Chun-Li's thighs are about six times the size they ought to be, and even as a non-competitive player the collision glitches and other random wacky shit bug the living fuck out of me. Everything about it makes me want to holler "I'VE PLAYED MARK OF THE WOLVES! SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Or, alternatively, "GUILTY GEAR COSTS 20 DOLLARS! SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

DFS.

Now that's an offical XBN review.

MGS3 seems like it could go either way.

Some people who didn't like the twists in MGS2 may be harder on it especailly if Kojima throws in some unexpected surprises.

Mrbob

sonycowboy said:
You don't know jack.

Although, I think we can safely say, that no matter what the scores, the thread will be entertaining.

I don't?

Halo 2 > Metroid Prime 2

?

:D

Mrbob said:
I don't?

Halo 2 > Metroid Prime 2

?

already this is more interesting. So why compare this two? Out of this thread til the forum combusts tomorrow (if I can help myself). So its not a perfect 10 then.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Mrbob said:
I don't?

Halo 2 > Metroid Prime 2

?

That wouldn't be shocking though. Metroid Prime 2 scoring better than Halo 2, now that would cause some screams.

Redbeard

Banned
A few more XBN scores:

Outrun 2 =8/10
Colin McRae Rally 2005 =8/10
Ultra bust a move = 7/10
King Arthur = 5/10
Espn Nba 2k5 =8/10
Men of Valor = 6/10
Vietcong: Purple Haze = 4/10
BloodRayne 2 = 4/10
LSL:MCL = 7/10

Mrbob

Heh, well, I could keep going but I don't want to raise the ire of a huge backlash from Halo fans. I'm just messing around and I have no idea what the scores are. Since I'll own Metroid Prime 2, Halo 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, GTA:SA (Already have it), Ratchet and Clank 3, some arbitrary score between these games don't matter because I'm plunking down 40 to 50 bucks for each one. It'll be good fodder for tommorrow though when the scores come in! :D

Mrbob said:
Heh, well, I could keep going but I don't want to raise the ire of a huge backlash from Halo fans. I'm just messing around and I have no idea what the scores are. Since I'll own Metroid Prime 2, Halo 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, GTA:SA (Already have it), Ratchet and Clank 3, some arbitrary score between these games don't matter because I'm plunking down 40 to 50 bucks for each one. It'll be good fodder for tommorrow though when the scores come in! :D

credibility shot

Mrbob

I'll admit I'm intrigued to see how the games score against each other. But it is getting ridiculous at how much validation is going into these scores. Like having a couple of guys (AND GAL) with their own opinions expressed in a magazine somehow makes one game better than another. Especially when it is already a proven fact that Halo 2 is game of the year.

Bristow

Banned
I think Halo 2 is going to manage around the same score as the original (considering it's basically the exact same game with a minor facelift.) Xbots will love it and everyone else will fail to see the appeal of it.

LukeSmith

MarkMacD said:

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Yeah, the GAF has now taken vg news to a whole new extreme. It's getting scary around here sometimes.

1) NPD must be inhaled on Monday, Tuesday sucks. Prediction threads ( :D ), already a prediction for the year.

2) Online and Mag scores must be posted instantly. Within a matter of seconds, we know the scores

3) Anything that it "big news" turns out to be crap. Psychnauts, Scarface, Megaton

4) Nintendo is sooooo Doomed!

5) Sony has fucked it all up big time, but the damn casuals keep them number 1

6) Price drops are expected to happen three days after the game comes out. Wario has convinced us all that retail is for suckers.

sonycowboy said:
Yeah, the GAF has now taken vg news to a whole new extreme. It's getting scary around here sometimes.

1) NPD must be inhaled on Monday, Tuesday sucks. Prediction threads ( :D ), already a prediction for the year.

2) Online and Mag scores must be posted instantly. Within a matter of seconds, we know the scores

3) Anything that it "big news" turns out to be crap. Psychnauts, Scarface, Megaton

4) Nintendo is sooooo Doomed!

5) Sony has fucked it all up big time, but the damn casuals keep them number 1

6) Price drops are expected to happen three days after the game comes out. Wario has convinced us all that retail is for suckers.

you've distilled the essense of GAF down to a pure powdery substance.

7) EA will ruin everything

Top Bottom