• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM scores tomorrow?

Hellraizah

I didn't know reviews had FUCKING STREET DATES.

If someone knows the damn scores, just post them, it's not like there's a lot of reasons why one day would make a difference. Besides, the forum is boring right now...... :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
OK, OK, fine--the review you are all waiting for:

eyetoy: antigrav
8.5 (robert) "authentically new experience in a sea of holiday sequels"
6.0 (kevin) "pretty...but more work than play"
7.0 (GMR-carrie) "revolutionary...gameplay kinda repetitive...(but) technology is exciting"
Heh, I know you posted this as a joke of sorts, but thanks. That's one game I actually wanted to hear some impressions about, and the review scores. I hope I'll agree with Robert on this one, once I get to try it out, because the other two comments reflected what I thought might go wrong with the game.

Hellraizah said:
I didn't know reviews had FUCKING STREET DATES.

If someone knows the damn scores, just post them, it's not like there's a lot of reasons why one day would make a difference. Besides, the forum is boring right now...... :D

The scores will be posted once someone gets the magazine. That's certainly not guaranteed to be tomorrow.

Lakitu

st5fu
Where did you see those? Or are you talking about the fake scores being posted everywhere within the last couple of weeks? Someone must have received it by now!

hobart

Wow... I guess being in Europe does have ONE plus to it when it comes to video gaming.

I get mine next week. Thought it was the same for the US... sorry.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What's on the new EGM's cover? Passing by, I have seen one in the store this morning that has a large Master Chief's helmet on the front. Is that the new issue?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Marconelly said:
What's on the new EGM's cover? Passing by, I have seen one in the store this morning that has a large Master Chief's helmet on the front. Is that the new issue?

that's the current issue, but not the one everyone is pining over

olimario

Banned
Marconelly said:

Nope. And the new EGM won't be on stands for quite some time.

Mrbob

Marconelly said:

It's the current issue. Not the upcoming Holiday issue though.

Solid

SolidSnakex said:
According to the thread with last months reviews, MGS3 will be the cover story for the holiday issue.
Good, it needs some hype. Everyone keeps talking about Halo 2 and GTA:SA which makes MGS3 feel a little forgotten :(

Deepthroat said:
Good, it needs some hype. Everyone keeps talking about Halo 2 and GTA:SA which makes MGS3 feel a little forgotten :(

yes/no. I don't see how a game like MGS can be forgotten - it does feel a bit under hyped.. I mean its all MP2E + Halo 2 + GTASA these days - personally the cinematics from TGS 2004; meant that it is probably my number 2 game this holiday season. Can't wait.

I hope it sells.

TheGreenGiant said:
yes/no. I don't see how a game like MGS can be forgotten - it does feel a bit under hyped.. I mean its all MP2E + Halo 2 + GTASA these days - personally the cinematics from TGS 2004; meant that it is probably my number 2 game this holiday season. Can't wait.

I hope it sells.

Remove MP2 from that and you'll have the hyped games. I think MP2 is even more underhyped that MGS3.

sonycowboy said:
Remove MP2 from that and you'll have the hyped games. I think
MP2 is even more underhyped that MGS3.

just because MP2 is cube bound doesn't mean it doesn't have hype. MP2 got a EDGE cover... it was next to Kotor 2 (should have gotten the cover) on EGM. Prime is a huge title and.. and... :( you're right. Not enough adverstising on Nintendo's part. So much for one of the sequel to one of the greatest next gen titles.

Konami needs to just roll out MGS3's marketing campaign. Make it similar to MGS2's ads or the 2nd MGS commercial for the PSone. More hype!

033.jpg

SolidSnakex said:
Konami needs to just roll out MGS3's marketing campaign. Make it similar to MGS2's ads or the 2nd MGS commercial for the PSone. More hype!

033.jpg

Is there even an indication that there will be a TV ad campaign at all? You know, it's less then 2 weeks away and not doing that would be freaking dumb.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, I feel MP2 is completely underhyped compared to the first game. MGS3 seems at least more talked about, but is kinda in the same boat. The good thing both games have going for them, is that they are both by far the biggest releases in November on their respective platforms. Well, MGS3 still has GTA:SA as a competition, though.

On the other hand, I haven't been seeing much game advertising lately. Except for the GTA:SA commercial that I've seen once, and R&C3, also once, I can't remember if I've seen anything else. Not even NDS or Halo 2 commercials, which I'd really like to see.

Is there even an indication that there will be a TV ad campaign at all? You know, it's less then 2 weeks away and not doing that would be freaking dumb.
I just hope Sony will co-advertise it again, as I don't think Konami has done particulary good job advertising any of their games except for MGS2 (which was more Sony's work anyways)

I've seen far more commericals of MP2:E than anything else. Probably R&C3 next, which I've only seen once while I was strolling through the student union.

There's a teaser campaign for MP2.

Lately i've seen R&C3, Killzone, GTASA, HALO 2 and MP2 commercials. GTASA and HALO 2 destroy the others.

hobart

Now I've been out of the country for a couple of months... but I have been frequenting sites pretty often. To me... it just seems as if MGS3 is accepting its "role" in all of this. You gotta know that Konami knows that no matter what... they cannot overhype the hype MONSTERS (GTA; Halo).

With that said... I'm kinda hoping that the game speaks for itself... in that once the game is finally released the buzz will be so "swell" it will sell itself.

The only problem with that is the impending spoils of the plot and what happens in the game... but for the most part... those that are major fans of the series... will have the game on or around release day (except me).

I just don't see what the big deal is :) It seems to me that most of us are going to own the big 4 here so what does it matter what someone else thinks when reviews are really a benchmark to gauge whether or not we want to buy a game (because they are, indeed, investments). A game like R&C would constitute a review for me... because I'm not sure I would buy a game from that series.... but at the same point... my allegiance to MGS WANTS me to see it do well among reviewers.

Is it mere just a jingoistic approach to our favorite series that we WANT these games to score well? Yeah... so I'll shut up.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I think it's just a cool big deal to see what all the games get...I don't really care how they stack up against one another, though a huge discrepancy on any one would light things up here wouldn't it? I actually hoped they would leak for Killzone as it's a marginal title that I wouldn't be picking up no matter what (unlike the big 3 or 4).

am i seriously in a FOUR PAGE thread about ANTICIPATING EGM scores? I fear for the gaming forum. This is pretty pathetic.
I think the anticipation is more for the destruction and fanboy ruin the scores will leave in their wake than for the scores themselves.

With the November hype steaming to a scalding degree I think even a half point difference between any of the major games will be enough for a 10+ page thread.

Mrbob

Ninja Scooter said:
am i seriously in a FOUR PAGE thread about ANTICIPATING EGM scores? I fear for the gaming forum. This is pretty pathetic.

Haha. We are on the cusp of what could be the ultimate fanboy explosion.

It's gonna be a great thread!

PhatSaqs

Banned
Duke Juan the Beast said:
With the November hype steaming to a scalding degree I think even a half point difference between any of the major games will be enough for a 10+ page thread.
Sad but true :lol

Im hoping something like R & C gets GOTM :D

You think it's pathetic? I think it's funnier than shit, myself.
Double dap, cosign.

Top Bottom