• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz Album titled "Humanz" releases April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYEL1NER

I heard "Let Me Out" on New Music Friday's on the XM morning show I love that talks about music and stuff. I was sitting out in front of my apartment in my car reading a book at the time. After hearing it I went inside and bought the track off of Amazon. I thought it was fantastic but a bit too short.

zoozilla

Do people not like the S/T as much?

I got into Gorillaz a little later, but I remember hearing Re-Hash for the first time and going "Woah." It's still one of my favorites - so simple and poppy, but also kind of weird and very unique.

I like the S/T's looser, jammy feel. And Slow Country is one of their best.

Qasiel

Felt all the remixes, with the exception of Saturnz Barz (which was phenomenal), were a bit lacklustre. Bonus content's always decent though.

Still really digging Let Me Out although I wish we had the pay-off the song seems to build towards. I am so ready for this album now especially that the sun's out and I want a solid early summer album to jam to whilst chilling in my garden.

Stoze

Do people not like the S/T as much?

I got into Gorillaz a little later, but I remember hearing Re-Hash for the first time and going "Woah." It's still one of my favorites - so simple and poppy, but also kind of weird and very unique.

I like the S/T's looser, jammy feel. And Slow Country is one of their best.

I love their self-titled, in fact, I'm generally more in the mood to listen tracks off that than Demon Days. DD is just a masterful cohesive whole of an album with incredible production though, and it feels like that's where Damon found his footing with the project.

I could've sworn I saw this here recently but can't find the post, but someone made the analogy to Daft Punk, where "Gorillaz" is to "Demon Days" what "Homework" is to "Discovery", and I think that works pretty well. (Homework isn't as good as the others though).

I like the S/T a lot, but it feels less cohesive and "cinematic" than Demon Days or Plastic Beach, and I don't think is paced as well, so I'm less inclined to listen to the whole thing.

Lotta great tracks on it though. Besides the awesome singles, Sound Check (Gravity) and Man Research (Clapper) are my jam.

DeSo

Banned
They're a band defined by one song, "Clint Eastwood".

Could they be any more overrated? I can name ten electronica bands better.

Stoze

that'sbait.gif

I mean, I disagree with the first part...

But yeah, everybody should listen to Deltron 3030. It's a great record.

That's an important distinction, because Event 2 is not good (like most of Del's work at this point imo).

Deltron 3030 is one of my favorite albums though, a must listen for Gorillaz fans. Also:

Blur - Think Tank
The Good, The Bad, & The Queen - Self-titled
Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots

Servbot24

Banned
They're a band defined by one song, "Clint Eastwood".

Could they be any more overrated? I can name ten electronica bands better.
10 better, lol

Any band that is is even in the top 100 "electronica" is mind-bogglingly great. Obviously there are ten better than Gorillaz. Way more than that. Gorillaz are still fantastic, and it's got nothing to do with Clint Eastwood, of all the songs you could point out. :p

subwilde

Those were some fuckin YouTube comment section tier posts, my lord. Like why bother?

image.php

I guess I wanted to see how people react to my antagonistic comments. Pretty shit form, I agree.
This is the second time I've seen you come into a thread out of the blue and attempt to straight up troll people, then back out and say "sorry yall I was just having a bit of fun I'm being a dick" and admit you were drunk.

Maybe you shouldn't drink and gaf or you're going to get banned for trolling

DeSo

Banned
Maybe you shouldn't drink and gaf or you're going to get banned for trolling
Probably deserved.

I still think Gorillaz are overrated and why I should be hounded for that opinion is anyone's guess.

Also because of my avatar I have no idea about music apparently.

Sorry.

You've brought nothing fruitful to the discussion besides insisting Clint Eastwood is their only relevant song, and it's been said time and time again they aren't even popular for that song anymore.

How exactly can they be overrated when they aren't even a massive Supergroup either. Feel Good Inc. is the song they're most known for. Then probably Clint Eastwood and then 19 2000.

Plastic Beach they didn't really make a single that popular either, it was just a group of great hip hop songs with popular artists who are fans and wanted to do a collab.

None of their smaller albums/b sides really hit it big either, mostly just with fans.

You can say you aren't a fan and leave it at that, but you come into a thread for people looking forward to their next album after lord knows how many years to say an opinion you can't really back up because it entirely revolves around you what? Not liking their songs? Well that's fine. There are plenty of people who don't like X band. We do. Breaking news music taste is subjective.

Catvoca

Banned
Deltron 3030 is one of my favorite albums though, a must listen for Gorillaz fans. Also:

Blur - Think Tank
The Good, The Bad, & The Queen - Self-titled
Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots

Think Tank is good and kinda like Gorillaz but people should listen to 13 too, it's Blur's masterpiece IMO. Caramel into Trimm Trabb into No Distance Left to Run, whew.

hughesta

Banned
Q Magazine interview tidbits:

Jamie is working on a 10 episode Gorillaz tv series
Demon Dayz is coming to Chicago
Damon is recording a new TGTBTQ album

"Putting the z on the end is not a hip hop statement, it's more like an android z. Are we humans or Humanz? What the fuck is wrong with us?"

Damon and Jamie didn't speak for three years after PB. Damon called up Jamie while drunk out of the blue and asked to do a new G album.

NotLiquid

Q Magazine interview tidbits:

GQ interview tidbits:

Jamie is working on a 10 episode Gorillaz tv series
Demon Dayz is coming to Chicago
Damon is recording a new TGTBTQ album

"Putting the z on the end is not a hip hop statement, it's more like an android z. Are we humans or Humanz? What the fuck is wrong with us?"

Damon and Jamie didn't speak for three years after PB. Damon called up Jamie while drunk out of the blue and asked to do a new G album.

Bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom