• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA Feature -- Outdoors, Graphical Improvements, New Targeting, And more!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031618171.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031618890.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031619656.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031620515.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031623468.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031624890.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903034137720.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031625500.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031624187.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031622765.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031621906.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031621250.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

that is sick... cant wait to drive for hours to get that sucker into the city and really mow down some coppers ;)

evil ways

Gerber said:
So those are the screens with a lot of activity huh? That is a letdown to say the least.

No, those are screen shots showing as you put it "more than 3 people in them", whore.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just plain awesome, I'm really starting to get pumped for this game. I've been playing Vice City recently to get my GTA skills back on par, and it really is a great game. Rockstar nailed that 80s vibe...or what little I remember and know of the 80s. And it had the BEST soundtrack EVER!

Cop chase on a motorcycle + I Ran or Billy Jean playing on the radio = Gaming Heaven

I can't wait to raise some hell in the country and get chased out of town. It would be awesome if there weren't cops in the country, I want to see the townspeople just raise up a posse. Pitchforks, pickup trucks, and shotguns. :p

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Gerber said:
So those are the screens with a lot of activity huh? That is a letdown to say the least.

What a f'n poser... you asked for pictures with more than 3 people... so I gave you what you asked for. STFU already.

Gerber said:
Are there any screens with more than 3 people in them?
In all fairness, those pics are in some small town where we all know population is NOT a problem. There are plenty of of other suburb/city pics that show a much higher population.

Ranger X

The new weapon/upgrading system look sweet. Targeting sounds simple and effective (if we keep Manhunt in mind). GTASA +1 (again!!)

kevm3

You can ride a lawnmower? WTF, that's sweet! I'm going to try to avoid any more topics about this game so I don't spoil any more. This game looks too fucking good.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
My dreams of Steve Urkel realizing the true beauty of the American Farmer will be realized thanks to GTA: SA. What I'm supposed to take over the city with ruthless criminal tatics? Not until these crops get harvested Carl Winslow.

Rockstar are so ahead of the game than everybody else with this genre that it's not even funny... I see the GTA franchise staying the top selling game series and growing even bigger for a very long time to come.

Just thinking about what GTA games will be like next generation and beyond boggles my mind.

Damn! That's looking good.

Not that I didn't like Vice City, but for some reason, it looks much more interesting this time around.

Ranger X

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Damn! That's looking good.

Not that I didn't like Vice City, but for some reason, it looks much more interesting this time around.

Maybe because they actually give us something really new this time? Don't get me wrong, Vice City wasn't "the sequel of all sequels" at all. It was great sure but just a continuation of GTA3 with a change of skin...

Kon Tiki

Banned
A shovel!

I hope you can cut the hands and feet of bodies and burry them in the forest!

keep those shitty smilies to the other forum

puck1337

TekunoRobby said:
My dreams of Steve Urkel realizing the true beauty of the American Farmer will be realized thanks to GTA: SA. What I'm supposed to take over the city with ruthless criminal tatics? Not until these crops get harvested Carl Winslow.
LOL

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bob White said:
And to think, they haven't even showed us the Las Vegas type city. This game must be freaking BIG.

It's too early to think about it, but just imagine what the next GTA will be like. Obviously they're gonna have to top off San Andreas...the game is just getting bigger with every title

Pimpbaa

adelgary said:
Just thinking about what GTA games will be like next generation and beyond boggles my mind.

next gen graphics + GTA gameplay = bliss

But i'm wondering if a next gen GTA won't be as big as San Andreas, considering they would have to start from scratch again and would want to have it out in a reasonable amount of time. How long did it take rockstar to put together gta3?

I wonder if everything will be open from the beginning? With all the open countryside, and looking at the Los Santos map on the official site, I don't see how they'll be able to block it all off. IIRC originally VC was going to be open right from the start.

I'm also wondering about the next-gen GTA and whether increased detail modelling will affect the size of the play area. I don't see it being easy for them just to go back to one city after SA. The expectations will be raised.

Bob White

GTA: World is the way to go.

Fuck pussy footing around it, Rockstar just needs to make a full GLOBE with each continent being like it's own city.

Fifty

Die Squirrel Die said:
I wonder if everything will be open from the beginning? With all the open countryside, and looking at the Los Santos map on the official site, I don't see how they'll be able to block it all off. IIRC originally VC was going to be open right from the start.

They'll probably do something like "There's a storm outside of town" until you unlock that area. I doubt everything is open from the start.

Man, they must spend countless hours testing a game this open. It truly must be one of the hardest games to do QA for. So many variables... One major glitch could send it all toppling down (a glitch that deletes saved games for example)

Fifty said:
They'll probably do something like "There's a storm outside of town" until you unlock that area. I doubt everything is open from the start.

Man, they must spend countless hours testing a game this open. It truly must be one of the hardest games to do QA for. So many variables... One major glitch could send it all toppling down (a glitch that deletes saved games for example)

Actually I think I've figured it out. There's meant to be rivers, well they'll close the bridges over the rivers. Which by my calculations leaves an area larger than either Liberty or Vice City open from the start.

Bob White said:
GTA: World is the way to go.

Fuck pussy footing around it, Rockstar just needs to make a full GLOBE with each continent being like it's own city.

O_O

game budget 400 million (350 for the soundtracks alone ) :D

Pimpbaa

Fifty said:

This is the only thing that worries me about SA. The previous 2 were far from bug free, and this one is going to be even bigger (more things to go wrong).

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
The witness protection mission sounds awesome. Hopefully the enormity of the game doesn't make QA an issue. Can't wait for this.

Top Bottom