• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Jigolo

Up to episode 7

Netero is so badass.

Killua is nuts but from what I saw I doubt he could've killed Netero

Loving the show so far.

Rootbeer

Banned
youtube sure is strict on hunter x hunter uploads... hard to find any of the music on there :/ i tried uploading one to soundcloud too and it was immediately blocked :p never thought anime music was that well guarded.

bigkrev

youtube sure is strict on hunter x hunter uploads... hard to find any of the music on there :/ i tried uploading one to soundcloud too and it was immediately blocked :p never thought anime music was that well guarded.

Try finding e 3rd Naruto opening on YouTube. It's kinda strange sometimes.

Jigolo

Holy crap guys

Episode 16:

Hisoka is such a cool fucking character.

The dude is really strong. Hisoka vs Netero would be so awesome to see i think

Radec

Holy crap guys

Episode 16:

Hisoka is such a cool fucking character.

The dude is really strong. Hisoka vs Netero would be so awesome to see i think

You should forget about Netero for awhile, there will be much better "wishful thinking" opponents for Hisoka.

:)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Gotta say, this (new) anime version of Hunter X Hunter has really grown on me. Great characters, no filler crap, awesome battles. It has become one of my favorite series I watch on a regular basis.
Didn't quite like Greed Island as much though, partly because it became so confusing with all the rules for how the game works, and also how they threw around cards and expecting me to hit pause for the second the card was explained in text form.
It was still entertaining, but I'm more excited to see the next arc.

Lulubop

I've only ever read the manga, and it's among my favorites but I'm extremely excited to see the ant arc animated. Cannot wait.

MarkusRJR

I've marathoned this series for like a week or two now and finally caught up to the current episode. How much longer is this anime expected to go? It's so fucking good.

Jigolo

I've marathoned this series for like a week or two now and finally caught up to the current episode. How much longer is this anime expected to go? It's so fucking good.
Hopefully all the way. Anyone who reads the manga, is the series close to being finished

Hopefully all the way. Anyone who reads the manga, is the series close to being finished

Probably not, but because the manga goes on hiatus a lot, the anime is probably going to end
a couple of arcs from now. The second-most recent manga chapter would work pretty well as an ending for the anime.

Lulubop

The next arc is the longest by quite a bit, and there's a shorter arc after. However the Manga is currently on hiatus and has been on and off hiatus since around 2006. The anime should catch up again before the series concludes, not sure what they'll do.

Diablos54

The anime will most likely finish
at the same point the manage is currently at. Thankfully, that is a prefect place to stop considering what happens. Hopefully the manga starts up again soon and we can get more Hiatus x Hiatus goodness.

Soriku

15mVQK6.png

My body is ready for tomorrow.

Jigolo

Episode 18:

Lol at the interview with Hisoka (my dream fight almost happened)

Also I didn't mention this in my previous impression but man, that robot dude is fucking weird. Especially when he took those nails out of his head. that shit caught me off guard

CrazyDude

Episode 18:

Lol at the interview with Hisoka (my dream fight almost happened)

Also I didn't mention this in my previous impression but man, that robot dude is fucking weird. Especially when he took those nails out of his head. that shit caught me off guard

Is this your first time watching HxH?

I've only watched the opening so far, but I don't know if I should be disappointed or not that the second verse of the song doesn't say "You can smile again!" with how horribly out of place that line is in this arc.

Soriku

Best or worst opening? Well, I thought the ending bit was cool. :p

Set up episode but it was good. I need more.

Episode 76

As someone who doesn't read the manga but following the previous series religiously, I can't wait to see this next arc unfold. I like the tonal change that's being implied already.

I wonder what some of the DBZ-esque designs are about, though.

And I was kind of surprised when the Chimera Ant Queen "talked", so there seem to be sentient ants... Interesting that she has a 74 year old voice actress.
Also, maybe someone proficient at Japanese (who has seen the episode) can help me out here.
What is the very first word said by the Chimera Ant Queen near the very end of the episode? I can't quite make it out, and I'm pretty sure it's not what I put below (although the meaning should be the same), although I think I caught the rest of it. I'm just curious. :p

"足りない。こんな物ではいくら食べても。。。しかし動けん。
焦るな。もう少し体を回復させるのだ。まずは体を癒しそれからだ。
私には使命がある。王を生む。私は。。。女王だ。"

Erigu

Also, maybe someone proficient at Japanese (who has seen the episode) can help me out here.
What is the very first word said by the Chimera Ant Queen near the very end of the episode? I can't quite make it out, and I'm pretty sure it's not what I put below (although the meaning should be the same), although I think I caught the rest of it. I'm just curious. :p

"足りない。
Close. "足りぬ".

Close. "足りぬ".
ありがとうぎざいました!I thought I was hearing a "にふ" ending and it was driving me crazy. Now I learned a new (albeit archaic) form. :)

fertygo

The "new" OP are awesome guys.. particularly the sequence though lol.

But I'm happy they adjusted the lyric.

No YOU CAN SMILE AGAIN.

Erigu

Man, whenever the TV series comes up with original material, it shows pretty badly...

"Maybe this was meant to happen. I bet Ging planned it all. I wonder why. But then, there was Greed Island. Which Ging planned. So maybe Ging also meant for this to happen. But why? So I'd meet Kite? Like I met Razor and the others? In Greed Island? Which was a game meant for me. By Ging. So maybe..."
WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS MOVE THE FUCK ON ALREADY

Diablos54

I can´t remember much of this arc beside that i disliked it. I hope the anime changes my mind.
While this arc is slow to start, once it gets going it's easily one of the best arcs, so much good stuff to come.

Annoyed the OP is the same, although I would have liked to hear 'YOU CAN SMILE AGAIN!' if they weren't' going to change it just for the lolz. The sequence is great though, majorly hyped to finally see the Ant arc animated.

Kyuur

Well, now its official that Departure will stay with us the rest of the series! Not that I mind, they did an excellent job with the visuals.

MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS

I am kind of surprised that they showed Gon's transformation in the opening. It's the kind of thing that doesn't have much relevance until you see it happen I guess!

tumblr_mlm04tnRig1qc82tao1_500.jpg

Alright start for the new arc, though using ants as the premise, guess Ill need to see in action as it seems odd, though why so strong for the normal one. Killua Gon moments were great and then the one with Young Kite Young Ging too.
Didnt like that Ging had that Accompnay/Magnetic Force thing as it feels awkward for a point and kind of goes against what the genre and demographic would want in the anime. Shouldnt Gon make it to seeing Ging with the help of his friends, Then again it doesnt seem like Ging has anyone with him either, but still, teamwork friendship above single individual strength and perseverance please. Will be massively disappointed if Gon will have to leave Killua at some point just to pursue Ging :(

TommyT

tumblr_mlm04tnRig1qc82tao1_500.jpg

Alright start for the new arc, though using ants as the premise, guess Ill need to see in action as it seems odd, though why so strong for the normal one. Killua Gon moments were great and then the one with Young Kite Young Ging too.
Didnt like that Ging had that Accompnay/Magnetic Force thing as it feels awkward for a point and kind of goes against what the genre and demographic would want in the anime. Shouldnt Gon make it to seeing Ging with the help of his friends, Then again it doesnt seem like Ging has anyone with him either, but still, teamwork friendship above single individual strength and perseverance please. Will be massively disappointed if Gon will have to leave Killua at some point just to pursue Ging :(

To your spoilers (I'll try to keep it spoiler free, but something that explains what you're talking about a bit more in depth):

You will see more actions like this that reinforce the type of person Ging is and more insight into his personality which make it easier to accept why he did what he did. The allude to it here, more so than I think the manga did, but (you'll find this out more later as well) Ging is probably THE BEST at planning ahead/foreseeing outcomes/predicting. Later something will happen that he predicts perfectly and makes a comment as to his (Gings) motives about his "prey." That might be his ability, we still don't know.

I bolded the last part in the spoilers that you might not want to have revealed:

Ging is EXACTLY as the Greed Island twin said. Nothing at all like what he makes himself out to be. Gon knows this, and doesn't want to pursue him like that either... but they (Gon and Killua) will have things happen to them in the next arc that will help make them their own person with their own responsibilities.

Damn song! Did they turn Pitou into a girl?

Was always rather androgynous.

Well, now its official that Departure will stay with us the rest of the series! Not that I mind, they did an excellent job with the visuals.

MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS

I am kind of surprised that they showed Gon's transformation in the opening. It's the kind of thing that doesn't have much relevance until you see it happen I guess!

Somewhat agree:

Was shocked they showed it too, but to those that aren't familiar with the manga it is a great tease. Don't forget, Killua mentioned that he probably would have transformed when Kaito lost his arm had Killua not stopped him and ran off with him. I look forward to seeing how they handle that specific scenario - maybe more hints that it was coming.

upandaway

I don't.... really.. get it. Not only did they skip the flashback, they made half of it into never happening... and then they stuffed the episode with filler and other nonsense.
To begin with, the reason why Gon started being so interested in hunters/Ging was because Kite told him everything back then. I don't know, man. The conversation was a bit ridiculous too ("maybe Ging planned everything ever!"). I just hope they won't change too much else because it doesn't really make sense.

OP was amazing (the visual part of it), can't freaking wait. In my mind I kind of expected the Queen's voice to have heavy filters but I like it like this (and I guess she technically didn't speak that).

Man, whenever the TV series comes up with original material, it shows pretty badly...

"Maybe this was meant to happen. I bet Ging planned it all. I wonder why. But then, there was Greed Island. Which Ging planned. So maybe Ging also meant for this to happen. But why? So I'd meet Kite? Like I met Razor and the others? In Greed Island? Which was a game meant for me. By Ging. So maybe..."
WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS MOVE THE FUCK ON ALREADY
SO IT'S LIKE A SUPER-POWERED ZETSU

Manga spoilers
I'm sad that Kurapika and Chrollo still hasn't had any major involvement in the story since the yorkshin arc, even though the nen exorcist was found on GI.

Oh well, at least the ant arc is finally being animated so that's cool.

Top Bottom