• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

vareon

I think it's heavily implied that he did, and that Hisoka killed him:

I don't think Hisoka would just leave his target, unless Chrollo died some other way.

Edit: Woops, double post. My bad.

Did the anime ever show Chrollo and Hisoka met in front of the Greed Island console, implying they had a deal? I don't remember if that's how it is portrayed in the manga but it's definitely on the Greed Island OVA. Nothing since that.

Really LTTP!!

Great stopping point for the series. I'l continue to check out the manga whenever Togashi isn't on Hiatus.

It's been fun guys! Thanks for the laughs, the rage and the gifs!

Nibel

So, I've read the manga chapters..

iVpwOkJQhdSUT.gif

Is there a dedicated HxH manga thread?

Not sure how else you can take the fact that Hisoka abandoned his target? Unless you just think he's waiting for some reason, even though they already found an exorcist. He was doing something during the entire Chimera Ant arc.

Maybe he is still being exorcized. One thing for certain is that Chrollo didn't have contact with the rest of the spiders during the chimera ant arc because they were competing for the interim leader spot, so it's probable he still had the nen restriction at least up until that point.

upandaway

Not sure how else you can take the fact that Hisoka abandoned his target? Unless you just think he's waiting for some reason, even though they already found an exorcist. He was doing something during the entire Chimera Ant arc.
To Hisoka, everything he did the entire Yorkshin are was for the one purpose of being alone with Chrollo in order to fight him, and that's when he was a member of the troupe, and there was a reason for Chrollo to stay there (the auctions). It's not beyond reason that he's having difficulty accomplishing the same thing again, especially when the troupe's fully aware of him.

Chasing Chrollo also doesn't necessarily mean being fully devoted to it physically. He could still be in the middle of it during this arc.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So I just finished it. Why I disliked the OST until the very end, everything else was superb. Will probably start reading the manga, something I've never ever done before for any series. Godspeed HxH anime, I hope we can see you soon. Mad props to Madhouse for the work they did.

I finally got to end. Really sad, cos I absolutely loved it. A few questions,

1) In the end credits, one of the shapeshifters came back as Ghotoh... Anyone know why?
2) will there ever be more episodes made?
3) what is pariston's deal? He kinda gave me the feeling that he was related to Hisoka in some way....

Jigolo

I finally got to end. Really sad, cos I absolutely loved it. A few questions,

1) In the end credits, one of the shapeshifters came back as Ghotoh... Anyone know why?
2) will there ever be more episodes made?
3) what is pariston's deal? He kinda gave me the feeling that he was related to Hisoka in some way....
1) the way I took it was to hide Gotohs death from Killua
2) Yes. When? 10 years from now
3) no relation to hisoka, just an awesome mysterious character

Tuck

VOTE HxH

pls help Gon (CA Arc (HxH in general) deserves more recognition)

kFQK7Au.png
God that was so fucking stupid.

Regardless, HxH will be in my top three. But because of its final arc, not because of the Chimers ant art. Chimers and started to drag for a while. I did enjoy the conclusion of it, but it had serious pacing issues.

I finally got around to watching the 2011 Anime, and actually just finished it up.

Easily tied for best Shounen and an amazing Anime in general. I loved in.

My biggest complaints are definitely the Narrator and pacing at times, but the highs far outweigh the lows.

+ Amazing Animation

+ Voice Acting is top-notch

+ I like how Togashi basically takes Shounen Clichés are turns them upside down.

+ The character writing. I think it's quite telling of the quality of this series when it doesn't need to rely on Gon's presence for everything. There's other characters that could definitely carry the series.

+ The fighting isn't just who can make the biggest explosion. I think the whole Nen thing is really deep and I like how the most powerful doesn't always win the fight.

+ Killua fu*king Zoldyck. This kid is just so cool but also such a great character. It was really sad seeing Gon and him part ways. I'm sure they'll eventually meet again but the question is how long...

Slight Manga Spoiler/Speculation
It's looking like he'll have no part in the next arc and while I'm fine with that as other characters should get their time to shine... I don't want him to be Kurapika'd where we don't see him for 10 years.

+ The Gon/Killua relationship is so well done. Kishi, hope your watching, this is how you do a Bromance.

Jigolo

I actually think

Manga spoiler:
Nanika is from the Dark Continent and Killua will try to take her "home". So I do think the whole crew will be involved in the next arc. It was heavily implied when Silva said she wasn't from "this world"

I actually think

Manga spoiler:
Nanika is from the Dark Continent and Killua will try to take her "home". So I do think the whole crew will be involved in the next arc. It was heavily implied when Silva said she wasn't from "this world"

Manga Spoilers

I think Nanika is from the Dark Continent too. The way the "Ai" Calamitie leaves its victims is very similar to the way Nanika leaves its. Also, just the fact that even the likes of the Zodiacs had felt nothing like Nanika's power when it was surging implies it's clearly on different level altogether, at least as far as Nen goes, assuming it is Nen of course. We also know that the Zoldyck family have travelled to the DC at least once.

However, I don't think they'll be involved right after they were the main focus of the previous arc. Coupled with the fact that we haven't seen Leorio and Kurapika in forever leads me to believe that this will be mostly about them out of the main four. It's not like the arc needs them anyway, there's tons of interesting possibilities already. I don't think we'll even see Gon that much, I think we'll see occasional updates on him and by the end of the arc he'll have figured out what he wants to do.

They could very much be involved though, it's definitely not out of the question.

Here's a prediction of mine

The way I think Alluka and Killua will come back into the story is after the DC arc and word of mouth about Alluka will get around and the potential danger his power is to the world. People of all sorts are going to get involved. Hunters, Assassins, The Mafia, the underground itself - some people are going to want to control Alluka for power and some are going to want to kill him out of fear. This will make the Zoldycks but especially Killua and Illumi a lot more desperate and overall things will get a lot more crazy.

I definitely think the next major step in Killua's development is Alluka's death. He's the only one of the main four that has never experienced any real loss, after all... he doesn't know that Gotoh is dead. We've never really seen him just straight up pissed either, we've seen him annoyed and angry but nothing has never really sent him over that edge like we've seen with the others. He's always been more composed compared to the others. In the last arc, we saw some of that shell chipping away every time Alluka was threatened or brought up negatively in any-way, he even had the black aura that Gon had when he was going nuts. I definitely think Alluka is his soft-spot and Togashi is going to explore this.

Furthermore, I think Alluka kinda has to die... unless his power has a major limitation in what he can grant, otherwise it's just a more accessible version of the Dragon Balls. A walking plot-device to fix everything when shit goes south and that ain't good story-telling, knowing that despite all the damage everything will be okay in the end because Alluka is OP.

Philippo

Hope Togashi made some New Year's resolutions.

Yes, to play DQ:Heroes from Day 1.

Also yeah, Alluka's definitely from the DC, as well as Gon's mom maybe? Could explain why we've never seen her as well as why Ging insist so much on going (back?) there.

Jigolo

Manga Spoilers

I think Nanika is from the Dark Continent too. The way the "Ai" Calamitie leaves its victims is very similar to the way Nanika leaves its. Also, just the fact that even the likes of the Zodiacs had felt nothing like Nanika's power when it was surging implies it's clearly on different level altogether, at least as far as Nen goes, assuming it is Nen of course. We also know that the Zoldyck family have travelled to the DC at least once.

However, I don't think they'll be involved right after they were the main focus of the previous arc. Coupled with the fact that we haven't seen Leorio and Kurapika in forever leads me to believe that this will be mostly about them out of the main four. It's not like the arc needs them anyway, there's tons of interesting possibilities already. I don't think we'll even see Gon that much, I think we'll see occasional updates on him and by the end of the arc he'll have figured out what he wants to do.

They could very much be involved though, it's definitely not out of the question.

Here's a prediction of mine

The way I think Alluka and Killua will come back into the story is after the DC arc and word of mouth about Alluka will get around and the potential danger his power is to the world. People of all sorts are going to get involved. Hunters, Assassins, The Mafia, the underground itself - some people are going to want to control Alluka for power and some are going to want to kill him out of fear. This will make the Zoldycks but especially Killua and Illumi a lot more desperate and overall things will get a lot more crazy.

I definitely think the next major step in Killua's development is Alluka's death. He's the only one of the main four that has never experienced any real loss, after all... he doesn't know that Gotoh is dead. We've never really seen him just straight up pissed either, we've seen him annoyed and angry but nothing has never really sent him over that edge like we've seen with the others. He's always been more composed compared to the others. In the last arc, we saw some of that shell chipping away every time Alluka was threatened or brought up negatively in any-way, he even had the black aura that Gon had when he was going nuts. I definitely think Alluka is his soft-spot and Togashi is going to explore this.

Furthermore, I think Alluka kinda has to die... unless his power has a major limitation in what he can grant, otherwise it's just a more accessible version of the Dragon Balls. A walking plot-device to fix everything when shit goes south and that ain't good story-telling, knowing that despite all the damage everything will be okay in the end because Alluka is OP.

That would be quite the arc that I would not mind seeing.

Yes, to play DQ:Heroes from Day 1.

Also yeah, Alluka's definitely from the DC, as well as Gon's mom maybe? Could explain why we've never seen her as well as why Ging insist so much on going (back?) there.
Wow, I never thought about that. LOL This could actually be it, holy shit

Philippo

Wow, I never thought about that. LOL This could actually be it, holy shit

Idk, although it would fit with the spirit of the show (and Togashi's will to go against tropes), but it's kinda weird that what we've seen all that there's to Ging, or the fact that he's driven to go into the DC just for the sake of exploring. Like, i feel there's more to it. Plus, the fact that we don't know anything about Gon's birth and mother, plus this scene, it makes me think its all related.
Something like Ging has alredy traveled to the DC in one of those succesful expeditions, there he meets Gon's mother and have the child with her, shit happens and she dies or Ging is forced to leave with baby Gon, swearing he'll come back one day. Then he decides to go to it only when his son'll be ready too, hence why all the trials for Gon. Also the "i don't wanna raise you because you reminds me oo much of my beloved one" would make Ging less of a jerk.
And last thing, Togashi didn't make Gon and Ging talk about the mother when they were on the World Tree, so she isn't "simply" dead, and the fact that the whole plot is moving towards the DC means it can hardly be related to the known world.

Just a theory of course.

Top Bottom