• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

phaze

It could be because when I read it I didn't know what was to come, but this seemed like a much harder tease of the future than the manga did. Thankfully, they never actually
namedrop Beyond Netero
, so it can serve just fine as a slightly more open ended.

Also, really glad they added the extra stuff with Knov and Morel in regards to the bet, as that confused the hell out of me when I read it

I've no idea what was that about. Was there some bet in CA arc? What did all that money next to characters faces meant ?
Hisoka took his leave when he copped the one dude running for the election, lol.

T
TheTrueWorld.png

Does anyone have the anime version?

What chapter is this episode? I can't believe that all these chapters were nothing but a prologue for the entire series. Togashi sure knows to give scale the HxH world. I need to read the manga and then wallow in misery. I can't believe Togashi hasn't capitalized from all this time the anime was on to pump out chapters.

Chapter 339.

Kurapika spend all that time staring at eyeballs of his brethren. That's unhealthy bro.

I'm happy they sneaked in a Mito scene. Poor woman, it's like no one even bothered to inform her of Gon's plight post Pitou.

An okay end. The show never managed to get back to quality of Yorkshin but it was watchable enough. The two highs of Ant arc were great.

Erigu

So it's on Togashi, even Madhouse admits it.
There was nothing to "admit", really. The fact the manga is merely 10 episodes ahead isn't a secret or anything.

I don't understand. If Togashi is always sick and stuff, why can't he be responsible for at least the story/dialog and have someone else draw it since that's where most of his efforts went?
I doubt the art is the real hurdle.

That just simply not the culture in the industry on there maybe.. the author pretty much "owned" the property. I never heard other person taking over certain manga load like in US Comic scene.
It's not common, but it happens. Check how Nagai Gô handles his series, for example. Monkey Punch does that as well.

He may not be the most detailed artist out there, but I really enjoy his art style ESPECIALLY when he draws people that have blood lust/have a serious face. He is incredible at it IMO.
Yep, I find it sad that so many people equate lack of details with bad art...

Soriku

Great, thanks. It looks so ominous. I especially like the three big dudes near the top left and the hand coming out of the sea near the top right. HxH could use a horror arc.

I don't understand. If Togashi is always sick and stuff, why can't he be responsible for at least the story/dialog and have someone else draw it since that's where most of his efforts went? I'm sure someone out there would love to draw this, especially since Togashi isn't known for his artistic ability.

Is he sick? I thought he was just rich, unmotivated and too busy playing Dragon Quest to care.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've had all the manga volumes since I started watching the 2011 version.

Just read the last chapters in volume 32, and, well,
I'm really glad Madhouse didn't animate the conversation between the Zodiacs. That way we can rest assured that the show got some closure if Togashi never finishes the series, haha.

Kurapika being weird ruins the entire thing, though :/

jordisok

So some of the "Outer World" stuff was in the original intro sequence or am I going crazy? When it shows glimpses of those huge circular platforms, etc.

Time to go manga I think.

Yonafunu

So some of the "Outer World" stuff was in the original intro sequence or am I going crazy? When it shows glimpses of those huge circular platforms, etc.

Time to go manga I think.

You're not going to get any answers in the manga either, if that's what you're after :p

There's barely 5 episodes worth of material there (10 chapters)

:(

woopWOOP

Good ending to a good show.

My GAF account got approved a few weeks ago so I didn't get to share the hype for the show, but I'm really happy the Chimera Ant and Election arc got animated. Aside from a few pacing issues later on Madhouse did a really great job.

Now back to the waiting game while hoping the comic won't get cancelled :(

Also: any manga/anime recommendations for series similar to HXH? I mean mostly in the sense of the author having the balls to kill off established characters and villains/minor characters being more than a bunch of two dimensional stereotypes. And no fanservice, but I'm probably asking for too much here.

Kyuur

My GAF account got approved a few weeks ago so I didn't get to share the hype for the show, but I'm really happy the Chimera Ant and Election arc got animated. Aside from a few pacing issues later on Madhouse did a really great job.

Also: any manga/anime recommendations for series similar to HXH? I mean mostly in the sense of the author having the balls to kill off established characters and villains/minor characters being more than a bunch of two dimensional stereotypes. And no fanservice, but I'm probably asking for too much here.

You can check out Tokyo Ghoul (manga, not anime). It's not really similar to HXH but it fits your criteria.

FluxWaveZ

Attack on Titan? It's disliked by many, but that's probably the case with most popular series, and it does fit that criteria. I got into HxH because of a recommendation for a series similar to AoT, actually.

kewlmyc

Fate/Zero is a good choice.

IKizzLE

Anime that are worth watching that fit your criteria:
Attack on Titan
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Fate/Zero
Code Geass
Death Note
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan

pants

Watch Ga Rei

woopWOOP

Attack on Titan? It's disliked by many, but that's probably the case with most popular series, and it does fit that criteria. I got into HxH because of a recommendation for a series similar to AoT, actually.
I like AoT. When
giant beardo giant ate the main character I was actually shocked, ha. Then they kinda ruined it by making him a mighty morphin giant.
Still good though.

A lot of these recommendations seem pretty neat with a quick google so I'll look into them. Thanks guys!

TheTrueWorld.png

Does anyone have the anime version?

This is almost identical to Toriko.
In that it makes absolutely no fucking sense.

In a modernized World with planes, jets & nukes, they haven't explored 90% of the World?

I can understand not colonizing dangerous lands, but not even knowing about land away from their small land mass is ridiculous.

Philippo

Fuck, this is really over, isn't it? I feel so empty inside.

That teaser too, goddamit Togashi go back to work now or ill go crazy.

I can drop animes all together until this come back.

In a modernized World with planes, jets & nukes, they haven't explored 90% of the World?

I can understand not colonizing dangerous lands, but not even knowing about land away from their small land mass is ridiculous.

You have no idea m8, there're very powerful reasons for that which I won't say because of spoilers.

kewlmyc

From the New World (Shin Sekai Yori) is also pretty good and it isn't afraid to kill people off. It's also pretty mysterious and disturbing at times. No fanservice either (excluding the awful manga).

Tuck

Minor next arc spoilers.

whenever someone tried to go there, bad things happened so the governments of the world agreed to never try. So, the population likely is unaware but the government is not.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Minor next arc spoilers.

whenever someone tried to go there, bad things happened so the governments of the world agreed to never try. So, the population likely is unaware but the government is not.
Makes sense. If creatures like the ants come from outside their scope of the "world," then that's a good idea.

Erigu

Well, it's pretty damn dangerous out there.
I'm more annoyed by all those "muhaha, we're the Chimera Ants, the ultimate life forms, and the world belongs to us!" Did the ants just not know about the Dark Continent, or what?

Tuck

I'm more annoyed by all those "muhaha, we're the Chimera Ants, the ultimate life forms, and the world belongs to us!" Did the ants just not know about the Dark Continent, or what?

Besides the queen, they were all newborns.

BlazS01

Banned

But in HXH world I think there's no planes, jets etc. Is a different universe after all, they got nukes yes but not planes. The way of flying there is by those big balloon things, and I doubt that things have enough fuel to travel across islands (also storms in the ocean would cause them to crash, they look very unstable) so I would guess the only way of travelling would be by ships and such.

But travelling by ship there its not easy at all, I wont give any spoiler.

But in HXH world I think theres no planes, jets etc. The way of flying there is by those big balloon things, and I doubt that things have enough fuel to travel across islands (also storms in the ocean would cause them to crash, they look very unstable) so I would guess the only way of travelling would be by ships and such.

Tsubone turned into a jet, I'd assume that was based on an existing vehicle.

BlazS01

Banned
Tsubone turned into a jet, I'd assume that was based on an existing vehicle.

Well yeah she turns into a jet, but that's the only jet we've seen so far in the series if i recall correctly, I dont think we could make that assumption until we see one in the airports :p. Or well maybe there are jets there but still there's another reasons for not going to that place (are spoilers).

kirblar

Great, thanks. It looks so ominous. I especially like the three big dudes near the top left and the hand coming out of the sea near the top right. HxH could use a horror arc.
Given the set-up with the "giant world", I'm totally expecting/hoping for a EVA/Gundam style arc at some point if Togashi gets that far.

vareon

Wasn't their entire knowledge based on human knowledge? They read books and stuff.

Erigu

Besides the queen, they were all newborns.
So when the King was talking about being the ultimate life form and ruling over the world, that was just out of ignorance? You'd think he'd know better, recently born or not. Makes him look silly in retrospect.

Wasn't their entire knowledge based on human knowledge? They read books and stuff.
Yeah, that's my point. Gon didn't know about the Dark Continent, sure, but that doesn't mean its existence is all that secret. Like Ging says, it's just something adults prefer not to talk about.

smurfx

get some go again
Yeah, that's my point. Gon didn't know about the Dark Continent, sure, but that doesn't mean its existence is all that secret. Like Ging says, it's just something adults prefer not to talk about.
its existence is not very well known.

smurfx

get some go again
Considering he's supposed to rule the world, it's a bit weird to think the King just didn't look all that much into it. Maybe going through all those board games could have waited a little bit?
the king was mostly in his room playing board games. unless something about the dark continent was written in one of the books they had at the palace then how would they know? the most important thing to the ants was building an army so they could conquer humanity.

SamVimes

So when the King was talking about being the ultimate life form and ruling over the world, that was just out of ignorance? You'd think he'd know better, recently born or not. Makes him look silly in retrospect.

Even as dangerous as the dark continent is supposed to be i doubt there is any creature as strong the King.

Even as dangerous as the dark continent is supposed to be i doubt there is any creature as strong the King.

The way I read it is that Meruem may be the strongest being around in a Dragonball power level sense, but that wouldn't necessarily save him in the dark continent - just like it didn't save him from the rose.

Top Bottom