• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

bigkrev

tumblr_mhmr55VedL1rgwn8ho1_500.jpg

Re-posted for the second page. Fucking LOST IT at that.

Also, for all the bitching about censorship early in this thread, i'm really glad they are letting moments that should be violent be gruesome. When they cut to the cave
after the bombs detonated
, there was blood everywhere, and people were clearly dismembered.

upandaway

Re-posted for the second page. Fucking LOST IT at that.

Also, for all the bitching about censorship early in this thread, i'm really glad they are letting moments that should be violent be gruesome. When they cut to the cave
after the bombs detonated
, there was blood everywhere, and people were clearly dismembered.
The earlier complaints about censorship were pretty much nullified for a while now. They've done a great job with that. Better than the old anime in many parts, even (see Hisoka vs Kastro). Any sort of censorship during Bomber's Release is good censorship, that part was a lot.. a lot worse in the manga. Just uncomfortable, I don't suggest you look it up.

Before all that though, all complaints are fully justified. I mean c'mon, flowers. That's just not cool.

tumblr_mi0dxqdGR41rw47iyo1_500.gif

Really good episode highlighting the GREED part of Greed Island. Killua was just so epic in the whole exam.

I like that focus is back on the game though Ive forgotten the reward of winning. I know Biskuit wants some precious stone, and Gon wants to meet his dad, and Killua is there just for Gon, but what does Tsezguerra and the bomber want for winning?

Kind of nervous for Tsezguerra, he will probably lose somehow to the bomber somehow since luck is on their side, unless somehow the dude with the nen monsters from last episode comes to the trade. Wonder if Gon and co will meet up with him and get involved. The Hisoka thing was also interesting with the ever smiling Shalnark. If they are successful in finding that nen exorcist then Ill be hyped for a second showdown of Kurapika and Chrollo, and even Hisoka v Chrollo, full power.

So many cards, I wonder if a databook was released detailing them all, thank goodness for Crunchyroll translating them all on screen.

bigkrev

Episode 66

"Oh, it's you!"
"Huh?" *SMACK*
"Sucks to be you"

Was glad that the exam was given all of 3 minutes- clearly Killua is levels beyond it at this point.

Really curious why those guys were willing to trade with Gon, something seems amiss.

upandaway

I like that focus is back on the game though Ive forgotten the reward of winning. I know Biskuit wants some precious stone, and Gon wants to meet his dad, and Killua is there just for Gon, but what does Tsezguerra and the bomber want for winning?
The absurd amount of money that Battera is offering to the winner.

tumblr_miczoeYIq01s5w5v6o1_500.gif

Asta bewbies going place to place felt really out of place, and shes really awful. Who cares about more cards when they had a restricted card that Genthru needed anyway. Anyway Killua Gon reactions were hilarious and the best part. This quest seems fun.

Valygar

I like this arc a lot. The previous one was excellent, but this one is very RPGish and more cheerful (at least until the bomber...).

I am curious about the next episode. Will we see a team vs pirates battle or it will be cards nonsense? When will the main characters confront Genthru?

anTuLrD.jpg

Raxus

I like this arc a lot. The previous one was excellent, but this one is very RPGish and more cheerful (at least until the bomber...).

I am curious about the next episode. Will we see a team vs pirates battle or it will be cards nonsense? When will the main characters confront Genthru?

I haven't read the manga but I have peeked into the Greed Island arc and I can tell you that they confront the pirates in a unique manner and Genthru is a little down the road.

I am really excited for next episode.

upandaway

anTuLrD.jpg
I'm not sure how much you want me to tell you, so I'll just say that
it's not any direct/card combat, it's a variety of rule-based unique competitions

Also yeah Greed Island is amazing. Togashi has probably been piling all these card ideas over a lifetime from how varied they are. You can tell he always wanted to do this kind of game setting in a manga (especially when you consider how he's rumored to be a Dragon Quest nut, haha).

Also yeah Greed Island is amazing. Togashi has probably been piling all these card ideas over a lifetime from how varied they are. You can tell he always wanted to do this kind of game setting in a manga (especially when you consider how he's rumored to be a Dragon Quest nut, haha).

I was surprised to see on the wiki that I guess he actually did make all 99+ cards of them and details, really creative and cool to see that level of attention to detail. They go through cards so fast that I have to keep checking which card was which.

Mael

Ok. I remember watching the first episode of the new anime and something just felt "off". I guess I should watch a few more episodes. :D

Well it start really badly, Kaito is MIA and the actors all changed and they were perfect before :/
I know that's why I stopped, but with the Ants coming I'll catch up quickly

wonzo

Banned
Is this anime worth it if you thought the old series were good, especially the GREED Island arc?
Definitely, there's some weird censorship issues during the beginning (these may have been changed for the home releases but I haven't checked) but it's done a fantastic job with pretty much everything else so far. It some cases it's even surpassed the original, especially with the way it's currently handling the Greed Island arc.

edit:
Ok. I remember watching the first episode of the new anime and something just felt "off". I guess I should watch a few more episodes. :D
Yeah it's pretty iffy at the beginning but it does get better, especially once it's past the Hunter Exam arc.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
They'll definitely be Gon and Killua action on the chimera ant arc and many more surprises. I can't believe it's even getting animated. It's so exciting. Hopefully they don't hold back on the gore.

upandaway

Chimera arc will be so good. They can definitely pull it off, and as far as simplifying or making things more coherent, the arc that needs it the most is that arc!

I wonder if they'll animate everything (assuming Togashi comes back before they're caught up) or stop just short of the newest arc (just like the old anime).

Is this anime worth it if you thought the old series were good, especially the GREED Island arc?
It's worth it! I'd start from the Spiders arc or GI though (where the new anime improved significantly). You'll be ready just in time for the new arc.

They'll definitely be Gon and Killua action on the chimera ant arc and many more surprises. I can't believe it's even getting animated. It's so exciting. Hopefully they don't hold back on the gore.
Considering it's the Chimera arc we're talking about here, there's really no way they won't hold back on the gore at least a little. I mean, dude.

Soriku

Any chance that the show is moved to a later time slot? They're doing a good job with the anime now, but there's no mistaking that there was a huge difference with the Bomber scene in the anime vs. the manga. Hoping they make the CA arc with as low censors as possible.

Soriku

OK, episode 68 is up.

OMG...Hisoka checking out Gon and Killua, lmao. So creepy. Hisoka be trolling at the end.

Dodgeball next week!

tumblr_mipvntPgCn1rzse2do1_500.gif

Hilarious episode and all the matches. Did like the strategy employed as it kept things going fast and didnt drag out losers too much. Really enjoyed Killua's logic and plotting and what not. Hisoka was great to see again nekkid and even super pervy now, poor Killua/Gon.

Speculation:
They really never saw him use his texture before? I thought he's used it in front of them unless they just never caught on to it? Still, I wonder if the one that can remove the nen is actually the dude that created that monster thing to remove the time bomb on himself? If so then, I cant wait for everything to finally tie together in some huge event.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So I watched all 68 chapter of this in like a week and a half...I have a problem. Still, very good anime!

pants

Hisoka is so amazing, loving this second run of hxh

Speculation:
They really never saw him use his texture before? I thought he's used it in front of them unless they just never caught on to it? Still, I wonder if the one that can remove the nen is actually the dude that created that monster thing to remove the time bomb on himself? If so then, I cant wait for everything to finally tie together in some huge event.
You have to remember Hisoka is on a different level altogether, even if he told them all about it he could still conceal his use from them if he so chose. (Killua should still be suspicious if he had knowledge, but things like this regularly get glossed over in anime)

upandaway

Hisoka is so amazing, loving this second run of hxh

You have to remember Hisoka is on a different level altogether, even if he told them all about it he could still conceal his use from them if he so chose. (Killua should still be suspicious if he had knowledge, but things like this regularly get glossed over in anime)
In general, they changed a lot of little things this episode. Fortunately Killua's thoughts were all perfect but they lightly went through a lot of other stuff. For example:

xqbGghT.png

(he only realized it when she did the "he's lying" afterwards)

2h7iypm.png

Biscuit also hit Gon and yelled at him along with Killua when he stopped the thugs (remember Biscuit was trying to keep up an innocent face to Hisoka, so when he had no reaction to this, it proved that he saw through her half-assed acting). In general they didn't put too much time into Hisoka and Biscuit's first impressions of each other for some reason, but oh well.

Soriku

Episode 69

Great ep. I already saw the Dodgeball match in the old OVA a couple months ago and it's still exciting here. Razor is pretty awesome and ruthless.

Raxus

I haven't seen the Dodgeball match in its entirety but I knew it was coming. It has been amazing so far.

tumblr_mj3g1i2rNG1qii6huo1_500.gif

Well that was a fun episode. Really impressed with the power of the opponent and then making the actual premise behind Greed Island and its secret known to the people involved. Im surprised the characters didnt have lasting reactions towards that. Addition, flying? will we soon finally get nen beam blasts? Please?

Favorite moment:
Gon being completely blasted out of his shoes when he took the hit and right back up begging for more, I bet he'll be able to catch and throw it back by end game I hope, and ultimately, Killua too. Wonder if Hisoka and Bisky can do likewise, no way they can lose, hopefully

Also playing the One on One Match Electron Avalanche Remix I think in this episode is easily one of the best songs in the whole anime, it always pumps me up for this anime, so ready for the next episode.

Kurtofan

People are pretty negative at the start of the thread, I watched the first ten episodes and thought it's a pretty good anime.

wrowa

As someone who read the manga ten years ago and never wafched the old anime, which series should I rather watch?

upandaway

Razor's shots feel so intense. I really like the dodgeball game.

The scene about Ging was amazing too

People are pretty negative at the start of the thread, I watched the first ten episodes and thought it's a pretty good anime.
Well even for the beginning episodes I don't think anyone said it's a bad adaption of HxH, it's still a great anime. It's just the comparison to the old anime.

As someone who read the manga ten years ago and never wafched the old anime, which series should I rather watch?
Old anime up until the end of Heavens Arena (but make sure to watch Hisoka vs Kastro in the new anime since it was completely cut from the old one), then switch to new anime, in my opinion would be the best way to go about it

Diablos54

Favorite moment:
Gon being completely blasted out of his shoes when he took the hit and right back up begging for more, I bet he'll be able to catch and throw it back by end game I hope, and ultimately, Killua too. Wonder if Hisoka and Bisky can do likewise, no way they can lose, hopefully
Considering they're both much stronger than Killua/Gon, I'd say yes, they can. Hell, Hisoka's
in the top 5 in terms of strength. We just haven't seen any big guns flex their muscles yet, but we're getting there...

Well even for the beginning episodes I don't think anyone said it's a bad adaption of HxH, it's still a great anime. It's just the comparison to the old anime.
The changes made at the start really got under peoples skin (And rightfully so, some were pretty stupid). But since the Hunter Exam, the new anime's been hitting all the right notes, which considering what is to come, is very reassuring.

tumblr_mjfvirXJoB1rzse2do1_250.gif
tumblr_mjfvirXJoB1rzse2do2_250.gif

"The only reason I can focus wholly on hitting the ball is because Killua's holding it for me." That whole season was perhaps the best thing in the whole arc, especially with the song they chose for it and everything surrounding it
the detailed issue of Killua's hands that were so painful to look at and such :( and how he was trying to hide it from Gon and such I imagine since he had his hands in his pockets the whole time, which is kind of like him as usual

Some reason that is a bit more memorable than the phenomenal ball action. If they could only do it while in motion and not just stationery like that. Was slightly shocked in a few things
Bisky being hit and Hisoka taking some damage, either the other dude is really on a higher echelon than everyone else and Hisoka and Bisky are weaker than I imagined, or Gon and Killua are close to being Hisoka/Biskey level, I guess. Bungee Gum is cool

upandaway

Some reason that is a bit more memorable than the phenomenal ball action. If they could only do it while in motion and not just stationery like that. Was slightly shocked in a few things
Bisky being hit and Hisoka taking some damage, either the other dude is really on a higher echelon than everyone else and Hisoka and Bisky are weaker than I imagined, or Gon and Killua are close to being Hisoka/Biskey level, I guess. Bungee Gum is cool
As far as dodgeball goes, he's definitely way higher than Bisky and Hisoka. For one he's Emission type and that lends itself to dodgeball (or any sport really) far better than any other type. Hisoka as good as he is physically, still relies more on trickery and mind games to achieve his goals, and.. I won't say anything about Bisky.

There are many many other circumstances where Razor couldn't do anything against both of them, but Razor is pretty much maxed out in what he's doing. And with a setup where your team is only as weak as your strongest player, that's how it's gonna happen.

Top Bottom