• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New insane trailer for Francis Ford Coppola's 'Megalopolis'

Ovek

7Member7
My Friend Sport GIF by UFC

RAÏSanÏa

Those past reviews sound like the continuous wah wah wah from youtubers about children's shows.

I'm curious how Jon Voight fits into this.

Those Dracula review snippets are pretty accurate IMO and it's amusing it stops after a movie made over 30 years ago. Is that an admittance he made nothing of worth since then? How about Jack? Were those reviews wrong too? =P

Seriously though, none of that really matters. This movie appears to be visually interesting(maybe even engaging) but beyond that, very much remains to be seen.

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

"An Epic Piece of Trash" has got me cracking up over here! Is that a real quote from a review for Apocalypse Now? Wether or not this is a real trailer I'll probably watch the movie on the big screen.

lachesis

I'm not sure how the storytelling would be, but as per the visual - I like that 20th century modern feel. Looking forward seeing it.

RAÏSanÏa

Thought those quotes sounded a bit hyperbolic modern for professionals writing educated reviews half a century ago.

"sloppy self-indulgent"
"doesn't know what it wants to be"
"epic piece of trash"

As far as me calling ‘Bram Stoker’s Dracula’ ‘a beautiful mess,’ I only wish I’d said that! Regarding that film, it now sounds kind.

LOL

and what a way to end the article and promote the release date...
Last month, Variety exclusively obtained video depicting Coppola trying to kiss young female extras on the set of the project, as additional crew members detailed his unprofessional behavior during production.

“Megalopolis” hits U.S. theaters on Sept. 27.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This is the first time I've seen a trailer start with "Ok, but hear me out."

Weirdly defensive posture

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I'd be lying if I said I was excited. But it seems original, so I might just go check it out. Mostly interested due to the backstory behind making the film.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
They took down the trailer because of the fake quotes. Maybe this is marketing genius.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Opens next weekend. I’m seeing 5-10 tickets sold per screening at major theaters here so far. Ain’t looking good.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Opens next weekend. I’m seeing 5-10 tickets sold per screening at major theaters here so far. Ain’t looking good.
Pretentious is always a tough sell. But he is ancient and just sold of a portion of his wealth to make the film, so much like Costner I don't think the $$$ made is relevant versus the golf claps in their inner circle.

Top Bottom