• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Jurassic World movie will be Jurassic World: Rebirth. Official details released.

dorkimoe

Skipped the third one because whatever that second one was. That movie was beyond trash. Maybe this can turn it around? Need more horror suspense and less ridiculousness

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah. They were supposed to be human/dinosaur super soldiers. The idea was so bad that they just scrapped it. They knew it was terrible and was too far gone from the original JP concept.

Here are some official concept art pictures to give you an idea of how bad this would have been.

tumblr_nq3j9em9L61rwyx9ko1_500.pnj
Still less stupid looking than endgame nerd hulk tbh.

YCoCg

Didn't the last one bring it all to an end though? It reunited the original cast with the new team, BD Wongs character finally admitted he's fucked up too much and will stop, etc, it felt like an actual ending.

A bunch of spies trying to obtain genetic mcguffin from 3 big dinos around the world sound like old jp?
Not that but them going to a place where the dinos roam free without random humans around does yes.

It sounds a bit like JP2 where they tried ro take dinos of the island and I loved JP2.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Not that but them going to a place where the dinos roam free without random humans around does yes.

It sounds a bit like JP2 where they tried ro take dinos of the island and I loved JP2.
From my understanding most dinos are dead so it's not gonna be a place full of dinos like jp2 island...

Vick

Gold Member
The Jurassic World Trilogy is worse than the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy. Also drop the World line and go back to Park holyfuck.
no man GIF

Sequel trilogy destroyed OG Star Wars, and every single thing Star Wars and its characters meant (while having damaging effects to the real world at the same time). Everything, all of it. It's a perversion of the entire thing. Not only pure trash, but a literal insult.

JW may have been trash as well, but was at least an 80's action movie to the core even down to its alpha male protagonists being ultimate badasses. And even that last one Dominion, fixed one of the biggest mistakes in the OG trilogy by having Alan and Ellie being a couple again.

It's not even close, no matter how bad the movies are. One is literally insulting and damaging and offensive, the other simply mediocre.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There’s so many Jurassic park movies now I think that’s good thing scarlet is a huge edition to the cast, they have horror elements shuffling around with the way technology is it’s a very well standing franchise.

Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

jason10mm

Gold Member
If nothing else Edwards has a good sense of depicting scale, though not sure just how big a dino could be compared to Godzilla and AT-ATs. For all of the flaws of The Creator, it at least had a nice visual aesthetic.

Plot seems beyond dumb though. How could they possibly know about this "life saving drug" in any way that doesn't allow them to synthesize it just like they did for all the dinos?

Scarjo has a terrible track record for headlining a film though, she is a charisma suck best suited for a very specific type of va-va-voom role. Ali isn't much better in my opinion. Given how bland and dead-pan Edwards characters tend to be, I'm expecting this film to have the energy level of a 2 day old camp fire, barely smoldering embers. He needs some real scenery chewing drama queens to liven his films up.

Jorav

I would love to see the JP franchise have a horror theme movie, the latest ones have all been average at best.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Cast:
Scarlett Johansson as Zora Bennett, a skilled covert operations expert
loooooool

when will we get back to the eye-candy woman like her being just the damn love interest in the story to actually suit her limited talents, instead of some kind of absurd super agent that no one believes

you know what movie cast her correctly?
422783.png

Match Point, 2005

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Edwards, reasonable sounding plot, I mean has promise to be somewhat decent here. Won’t complain about anything with dinosaurs.

Power Pro

loooooool

when will we get back to the eye-candy woman like her being just the damn love interest in the story to actually suit her limited talents, instead of some kind of absurd super agent that no one believes

you know what movie cast her correctly?
422783.png

Match Point, 2005
I think she pulled off Black Widow when she was a supporting character in larger scale movies. But yeah, she is not a leading action star by any means.

Melon Husk

Is this a The Lost World remagining, and she's Julianne Moore? Or more like JP3?
I would love to see the JP franchise have a horror theme movie, the latest ones have all been average at best.
Right, everyone knows that JP1 is a thriller, not a monster movie. The dinos work when they're depicted as real animals not brainless movie monsters. And yet, Disney keeps making monster movies.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Is this a The Lost World remagining, and she's Julianne Moore? Or more like JP3?

Right, everyone knows that JP1 is a thriller, not a monster movie. The dinos work when they're depicted as real animals not brainless movie monsters. And yet, Disney keeps making monster movies.

Umm... This isn't Disney...

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
The original JP is the only good one. It was a movie in the sense that none of the follow-ups have been. It had a narrative with interesting characters, a core theme and debate around it, plenty of scenes of just normal but solid filmmaking centered on dialogue, etc. The dinosaur threat was more of a backdrop and driver of the intense 1/3 of the movie where everything breaks down into survival, but it was put into a film with other moving parts which could stand on their own.

Just make a Dino Crisis movie for fucks sake.

Shoot dinos and progress to the next scene.

Do something investigating [save point]

Shoot more dinos.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Edwards, reasonable sounding plot, I mean has promise to be somewhat decent here. Won’t complain about anything with dinosaurs.

It's not his plot. He didn't have involvement with the screenplay.

David Koepp is on writing duties, which could go either way. His track record is hit and miss

Top Bottom