• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW(?) Kick ass FORZA in-game movie

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks pretty nice in that vid...

I'm curious as to why the reflections only update at 15 fps, though. PGR updated reflections at 30 fps while the game ran at 60...but if you're running at 30 fps you should not halve the reflection update rate.

I would also like to see some other devs use texture layers as they did in MotoGP1 and 2. As you increased your speed, lower resolution textures would take the place of the ultra high-res ones in order to convey a faster sense of speed. You can't focus on the fine details at such high speeds and it was a great way to demonstrate this. Forza isn't exactly a fast game, though, so it isn't a big deal...but I still want to see other racers try it.

mashoutposse said:
Wow, NICE! Great reflections.

That video proves that damage ain't gonna be a big deal, though.

INCORRECT.

The devs have implemented various levels of damage in the game options. You can set it for no damage like GT, to extremely realistic, and variations in between.

Gek54

Damn it, why do they have to waste a video on some lame out run lover who has no clue what the brake button is good for. Graphics look fine.

SiNCeRe

Gek54 said:
Damn it, why do they have to waste a video on some lame out run lover who has no clue what the brake button is good for. Graphics look fine.

Crashing and scraping the side of the car against the wall is intentional. The point of the video is to demonstrate the car paint scraping off the sides.

Gek54

Ah. *puts foot in mouth* Sparks do look nice but I could be anal about car looking very unrealisticaly scrapped up. Still, it does its job at making me sad to see such a beautifull car being damaged.

Top Bottom