• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Media

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I don't know anything about baseball except that you have to use a baseball bat there but I somehow heard about Curt Schilling. The guy must be very popular.

Any word on crossing Driana's Vein, that stretch of water that cuts the world in half? Teleport, or will we actually travel across?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Oh man..I always assumed this game had co-op because of how mmo-lite it looks but I read some comments that it doesn't? Interest level just went to zero. =/

Okay, I'm in. Day one.

Traded in same games and now have my reserve fully paid off and my Vita budget is still fuly intact. I've been researching the lore and all of the media videos tonight and now I'm totally pumped for this game. Looking forward to trying the demo tomorrow morning before work!

ReaperXL7

Any word on crossing Driana's Vein, that stretch of water that cuts the world in half? Teleport, or will we actually travel across?

Not sure as they have not stated one way, or the other. However in the OST Preview on ITunes here: Reckoning OST there is a track called "ships" so it's possible we will be crossing it, though not confirmed.

You need the ITunes program in order to listen to the track previews.

Oh man..I always assumed this game had co-op because of how mmo-lite it looks but I read some comments that it doesn't? Interest level just went to zero. =/

I hear ya man, if your interested in the lore and stuff though keep in mind that they are handling Co-Op/Multiplayer through the MMO though. I'm sure they will start talking about the MMO once Reckoning is released.

I'm really looking forward to this game, but the dev appearance on the Bombcast and especially Weekend Confirmed was one of the most cringe-worthy PR-talk I've ever experienced. It soured me a bit on the game until I saw some of the new media yesterday.

Hopefully the demo gives us a good slice of gameplay.

ReaperXL7

I'm really looking forward to this game, but the dev appearance on the Bombcast and especially Weekend Confirmed was one of the most cringe-worthy PR-talk I've ever experienced. It soured me a bit on the game until I saw some of the new media yesterday.

lol if your talking about Rolston it's just the way he talks. It could be taken as PR-talk, but he talks the same way all the time. I think he might be alittle crazy, or burnt out from the 60's.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I was just listening to Weekend Confirmed and he sounded like a deranged Jeff Goldblum. And what he was saying didn't sound like any PR talk I've ever heard. If I was in charge of PR that's not how I'd have him communicate about the game.

Fjordson

I really enjoyed their podcast appearances for some reason. Especially Rolston. He's crazy and I sometimes have no clue what the hell he's talking about, but on the whole I find him pretty interesting to listen to.

I was just listening to Weekend Confirmed and he sounded like a deranged Jeff Goldblum. And what he was saying didn't sound like any PR talk I've ever heard. If I was in charge of PR that's not how I'd have him communicate about the game.

I guess I was more off-put by his behaviour and speech than what he was actually saying. Although I really admire his previous work, he went so over the top (almost Dyack style) with his explanations of the game, I just couldn't listen to that for a long period of time. I was re-listening some older Idle-Thumbs episodes with developers like Max Schaefer and Chet from Valve last week, and they were far more pleasant and informative imho. I guess the Amalur casts just stood out a bit more to me because of that.

Luckily I watched the 30 minute Machinima video and all was well again. :D

Rokam

Please post some impressions from the XBOX version ASAP you guys!

Going to jump in and play for about 30 minutes, super tired. Downloading now so I'll post in a bit.

Edit: Getting owned by massive wind gusts, cable keeps going out :(.

BrettWeir

Is the official site getting hammered already? Was refreshing fine, but now I'm getting "502 Bad Gateway" errors on the site.

Nista

I really enjoyed their podcast appearances for some reason. Especially Rolston. He's crazy and I sometimes have no clue what the hell he's talking about, but on the whole I find him pretty interesting to listen to.

That's just normal Ken, not PR-speak at all. You get used to it after awhile. You are correct that he's a relic of the 60s, so he's a bit more effusive and meandering than most developers I know.
(fun fact - my current avatar is a picture taken by Ken of me, after he stole my iphone)

DLing the XBOX demo now, I'll give my re-impressions in the other thread after work and movies.

shaowebb

aaaaaaaaaaaaand blackscreen outside of menus and create a character on radeon 6800 series. Anyone know what settings work with this demo yet? Anyone know how to disable post processing? Yeah, yeah , I know everyone says to disable it but no one is telling me where to find that setting. I'm new to the whole using my computer for PC gaming thing and generally just do art with my setup.

Astra

Also up on PSN.

I usually don't download demos, but since this game flew under my radar until just a few days ago, then reading all this information on it over the last few days, my hype went from zero to one hundred so quickly. Must try the demo to make sure I'm not blinded by my own hype. (Which I am almost positive I am not)

shaowebb

Fixed it. Post Processing wasn't a Catalyst Control Center thing, but was an option in the opening menu. Just played through the demo. Started the two legs quest, the ballad quest with the rogue, the quest for the seat in the house of ballads, the quest to save brother denwyn's pal and then ran amuck and butchered everyone in that whole town. Flame daggers in the shop chest was worth the tomfoolery. Didn't get to do any combo stuff, but was able to do some good archery and sneak stuff.

Pretty good.

Top Bottom