• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new MGS3: Subsistence details

Socreges

Banned
I think I may just take out my modchip to play this online, if necessary. Nothing will get in my way. It looks just too awesome.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
J2 Cool said:
That's a HUGE number!

Yeah, and I've been conservative.

Anyway, why does the press release state 8 palyers while the movie shows teams made of at least 6 players each?

Raiden team = 6
Ocelot team = 7
Snake team = 8

Kojima iz teh liar?

Notice that in Snakes scene he's wearing blue around his arm while the soldiers are wearing red. With the other teams they're all wearing the same colors. That's just the Sneaking Mission where a player controls Snake against a team.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Yeah, those are probably sequences made up from the Sneaking Mission.

Edit: Forget the last sentence. I got it.

It looks like it. Although I want to be able to play with all the main characters in different modes also.

And I missing anything or has MGS4 been completely removed from Kojima Productions website? I can't find it on the site at all.

:D

Here's something I noticed:

At the end of the trailer, it shows Snake surrounded by soldiers. Then, the words "Subsistence Is Tissue Cuts" flashes. Who knows what this means, but it's repeated 4 times. The last time it's immediately followed by the sound of thunder, then the soldiers all open fire on Snake.

A hint from Kojima, or am I just MGS4-info-deprived ???

Ceb

CosmicGroinPull said:

At the end of the trailer, it shows Snake surrounded by soldiers. Then, the words "Subsistence Is Tissue Cuts" flashes. Who knows what this means, but it's repeated 4 times. The last time it's immediately followed by the sound of thunder, then the soldiers all open fire on Snake.

It means that you'll have to sell off your internal organs to be able to afford a PS3 + MGS4.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
CosmicGroinPull said:

Good point what does it mean?

I think it means Snake dies in MGS4.......or Kojima's pulling our legs. Otherwise I don't know why he'd repeat that meaningless message so many times.

I think he's going to die in MGS4, but I don't think this trailer would drop any hints of that. For one the Snake in MGS4 isn't even the Snake in MGS3.

SolidSnakex said:
I think he's going to die in MGS4, but I don't think this trailer would drop any hints of that. For one the Snake in MGS4 isn't even the Snake in MGS3.

huh? It's a clone? How do you know all this?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Doom_Bringer said:
huh? It's a clone? How do you know all this?
What's going on with you, Doom?

First you bring up Fox Die, which doesn't necessarily mean death (as he lived through MGS2). Secondly, why the confusion about MGS3? Big Boss != Solid Snake

dark10x said:
What's going on with you, Doom?

First you bring up Fox Die, which doesn't necessarily mean death (as he lived through MGS2). Secondly, why the confusion about MGS3? Big Boss != Solid Snake

I thought he was talking about MGS2.

Naomi can kill Snake anytime she wants right? She has some sort of control?

dark10x

Doom_Bringer said:
I thought he was talking about MGS2.

Naomi can kill Snake anytime she wants right? She has some sort of control?
It was completely ignored in MGS2, though (well, OK, not completely as the reaction to foxdie was "faked" as part of the exercise), so I really don't think it will return as an important plot element.

dark10x said:
It was completely ignored in MGS2, though (well, OK, not completely as it the reaction to foxdie was "faked" as part of the exercise), so I really don't think it will return as an important plot element.

ok... I think I need to play MGS2 again.

SolidSnakex said:
...but I don't think this trailer would drop any hints of that.

I don't know, mate. After watching it again, I'm even more convinced it's a hint. Try watching it again. :)

>Soldiers surround Snake

>"Subsistence Is Tissue Cuts" *soft bang*

>Soldiers

>"Subsistence Is Tissue Cuts" *loud bang*

>Soldiers

>"Subsistence Is Tissue Cuts" *louder bang*

>Soldiers

>"Subsistence Is Tissue Cuts" *BANG*

>Soldiers gun down Snake

...thing is, why 4 times? and what are tissue cuts? :lol

I think MGS4 could have something to do with FoxDie. But I doubt they'd kill him off that way. It's bad way to go for a character like that. At the least he should go out fighting, and not by FoxDie kicking in on him. The trailer and Kojima have hinted of it taking place in a warzone, so he'll have plenty of chances to get blown up. :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wait. I found another one

tis·sue (tĭsh'ū)
n.
A fine, very thin fabric, such as gauze.

- Tissue paper.
- A soft, absorbent piece of paper used as toilet paper, a handkerchief, or a towel.
- An interwoven or interrelated number of things; a web; a network: “The text is a tissue of mocking echoes” (Richard M. Kain).
- Biology. An aggregation of morphologically similar cells and associated intercellular matter acting together to perform one or more specific functions in the body. There are four basic types of tissue: muscle, nerve, epidermal, and connective.

So basically, it's a confirmation that MGS4 will come o a Cell-based system :p

Man, I'm really impressive.

TTP said:
Wait. I found another one

tis·sue (tĭsh'ū)
n.
A fine, very thin fabric, such as gauze.

- Tissue paper.
- A soft, absorbent piece of paper used as toilet paper, a handkerchief, or a towel.
- An interwoven or interrelated number of things; a web; a network: “The text is a tissue of mocking echoes” (Richard M. Kain).
- Biology. An aggregation of morphologically similar cells and associated intercellular matter acting together to perform one or more specific functions in the body. There are four basic types of tissue: muscle, nerve, epidermal, and connective.

So basically, it's a confirmation that MGS4 will come o a Cell-based system :p

Man, I'm really impressive.

:lol

If you think this is extreme, you should see how the guys at MGS:TUS picked apart the MGS4 poster - latitudes and longitudes for Google satellite maps, missile proving grounds, links to the Manhattan Project..... :D

CosmicGroinPull said:

If you think this is extreme, you should see how the guys at MGS:TUS picked apart the MGS4 poster - latitudes and longitudes for Google satellite maps, missile proving grounds, links to the Manhattan Project..... :D

really? Link please.

Gamedude

Some people were discussing about the soldier facing the other side so they could fool Snake and shoot him with the shotgun on the last second.. (lazy to find that exact quote, pardon me ;p)

.. I thought I read in an article that soldiers will be playing in a First Person View.. like that MGS2 substance mode.. (Snake will be playable in third person view of course)

SolidSnakex said:
It's a deal. MG2 goes for 200+ whenever it shows up on an auction site."

oh well, I'm still proud to have Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake in a pretty mint condition ^^

Big Boss became sterile, so i'd think that'd follow Solid too so he wouldn't be able to have biological kids. But that saying has been basically true for the series.

Snake kills The Boss (who he considered a mother figure)
Solid Snake kills Big Boss (his father)
Raiden kills Solidus (adopted dad)

They all have a family link death in some way. The closest people to Solid are Otacon, Meryl and Raiden. Well and Liquid's hand, but I don't see them going there. :p

bud

So, mg1 and mg2 are exact ports of the old versions right, so no enhancements?

Doesn't matter, i'm still gonna buy this one. Am I the only guy here who owns 2 versions of mgs2 and in a couple of mothns 2 versions of mgs3?

Too bad, sony online sucks and i won't be able to play against you bloody americans!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Info about Metal Gear Solid 4.

The Script is already complete but may me altered dependant on what Kojima can pull out of the PS3.
Their will be improvements in movement animation (especially facial)
The environments will be affected by how you play and possibly the time (Summer)
Enemies will have REAL AI and you can possibly play with their heads.
Raiden will have a more matcho placement in MGS4.
The game will flow directly from what occurs at the end of MGS2.
NO SPACE OR ANOTHER PLANET.
Hiding will be different to previous games but some of the old ways will stay.

Gamedude

Raiden will have a more matcho placement in MGS4.

blah? I liked Raiden for who he was.. I don't want a "wonna-be Solid Snake" Raiden

dark10x

Finally watched the trailer...

While I like what they showed, I just don't see how it will work. Online games never remained organized. People are shitheads once they hit the net and anything that involes organization usually falls apart. This is what keeps me away from a lot of online gaming. Unless you have a large crew ready to go, it just isn't much fun.

jenov4

dark10x said:
Finally watched the trailer...

While I like what they showed, I just don't see how it will work. Online games never remained organized. People are shitheads once they hit the net and anything that involes organization usually falls apart. This is what keeps me away from a lot of online gaming. Unless you have a large crew ready to go, it just isn't much fun.

Maybe we'll have a GAF team and put our Online Gaming section to some use? I'm up for it! Whose in?!

Top Bottom