• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS3 trailer"from German game con"

Holy f'n sh!t!

BigBoss.jpg

BossvsBoss.jpg

BossWater.jpg

BrokeArm.jpg

ChaseScene.jpg

Jump.jpg

Patriots.jpg

NewIntro.jpg

NoGun.jpg

This is Kojima's best MG trailer yet imo. It's really fast paced, no real slow sections and still sets up the story very nicely. Also "The Boss" looks f'n awesome.

Buggy Loop said:
Patriots.jpg

Oh teh no, not again!

Oh teh no? Isn't that what people were complaining about this story not having? They didn't want them to make another MG and not explain what's up with the Patriots. Now it looks like they're going to do it (which alot of people said they would all along).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Kojima knows how to make a trailer, thats for damn sure. That was just amazing.

just watched it again.

'Snake' dis a HALO jump from a modifed C-130 in the first trailer, and now it seems he was piggybacked on a modifed SR-71, and with the deathshead camo.

when the caption says reLive MGS... could it mean that the modern Snake is following the footsteps of the original snake?

my only problem with the trailer, and the main problem i had with MGS2: it shows NO gameplay.
(although the engine does seem improved)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What is the deal with Snake's Papa Shango get up anyway? Skull paint doesn't seem like the most effective jungle camo to me.

Templar Wizard said:
'Snake' dis a HALO jump from a modifed C-130 in the first trailer, and now it seems he was piggybacked on a modifed SR-71, and with the deathshead camo.

when the caption says reLive MGS... could it mean that the modern Snake is following the footsteps of the original snake?

I noticed this too. I can't figure out if it's just him doing a different jump, or if they've completely taken out the original HALO jump in favor of this one. All the sections they show after that are new so that's why i'm thinking it could just be a different section and a different jump.

The reLive MGS thing could just mean that the section that they're showing is similar to MGS1 (you've got a similar set up in that section if you notice).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I was trying to figure out what the deal was with the jump too. I think the HALO jump is out. I can't imagine Snake would have to make such a dramatic entrance twice, and it certainly sounds like they're giving him the full mission run-down. I think they changed it.

Of course, Kojima could just be playing mind games again.

Or it could be two different Snakes. Perhaps 1960s Snake performing one operation and 2000s Snake performing a new operation in the same location. Which would explain the need for multiple entrances.

perhaps a different jump. hopefully a different. playing the same mission, but from a different perspective.
that would be quite cool.

although the lip-sync isnt the best, perhaps its not hayter doing the voice to the bearded snake on the bridge.... maybe just a vo from a different scene. although the sync of 'the boss' isnt in time either.
anyways, a couple of weeks and all will be revealed.

Kojima's sticking to his "there's only 1 playable character" comment, and that there will be no time jumping this time. He hasn't flat out lied before, he's tricked people but hasn't lied.

I guess the main hint he's given on this is that he's played with the timeline of the first 2 MG for this game.

true, but that one playable character can still be snake. 60's snake and 00's snake.
im reaching here, and in no way would i bet on my speculation, but HK has proved himself to be a lover convoluted bullshit. so who knows. i am sure the reality is far far more complex than any speculation.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
whats up with the voice actors? The russians sounds pretty shitty. Kick ass trailer tho. BTW am i the only one that starts laughing when i hear the "la-le-lo-lo-lu" or whatever lol

Laurent

David Hayter doesn't sound MEAN enough... Sorry!

SolidSnakex said:
Kojima's sticking to his "there's only 1 playable character" comment, and that there will be no time jumping this time. He hasn't flat out lied before, he's tricked people but hasn't lied.

I guess the main hint he's given on this is that he's played with the timeline of the first 2 MG for this game.
What do you mean "sticking"? Did he reitered his comment concerning the possible playable characacters?

I doubt Solid Snake is feature in this game. Although, Kojima talked about the fact that a paradox might happen if Snake Senior was to die in that operation. Maybe each life start up differently? Ghosts? You might never die to prevent that paradox?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Doc Holliday said:
whats up with the voice actors? The russians sounds pretty shitty. Kick ass trailer tho. BTW am i the only one that starts laughing when i hear the "la-le-lo-lo-lu" or whatever lol

Heh, I always liked that...

You DO remember what the purpose of that was, right? :p

Laurent said:
What do you mean "sticking"? Did he reitered his comment concerning the possible playable characacters?

He's been asked about it several times and just says that there's 1 playable character through the entire game and there are no time jumps. That might be what the big surprise is that Kojima talked about, the one that's going to take place within the first 15minutes of the game.

Laurent

I think the colonel's voice actor in that trailer is the same that was added in the rerelease of Metal Gear Solid 2 (Substance). If you remember correctly, when Snake is discover, a very similar voice is calling all units to go back to their original duty, when the caution alert mode is over. He doesn't sound too good, almost like it was a Konami's employee filling the job temporarly.

Forsete

Doc Holliday said:

Yeah, Ocelot sounded like an girly-american high school jock/dude. Pretty bad, no Russian accent at all?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
WTF is going on? I'm busy fapping now, so I'll wait for you to come up with an answer.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Seems like there is some trick going on with the voice acting. No lip synch, no accents...hmm. Makes me think some of the voice tracks were added to fool us. :p

AssMan

Banned
I'm jumping WAY ahead on this, but I think this will be the best game ever made! Can't wait to play this game!

snapty00

Banned
Something is just "off" about the voice acting. It sounds like the voice acting in Twin Snakes a bit, in that it doesn't sound horrible, but the "something" that was in the original Metal Gear Solid and Sons of Liberty just isn't in Twin Snakes or in this trailer of Snake Eater. I don't know if the trailer is representative of the entire final game or not, though.

By the way, am I the only person who can't say "La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo" outloud consistently?

B'z-chan

Banned
You know this is just what i wanted to wake up to this morning. Ah this is great. Love the trailer, my interestest in this game went from so so to FUCKING NUMBA1 i just hope the story is smooth in transition between gameplay and objectives. Man this just looks like its gonna kick some serious ass.

They need to come out with a special edition for the states and include a ration pack cause i dont think i'm gonna be leaving from the TV for a long time after i open the game.

Maybe i'm just a little too into MGS3 but i want to go to HomeDepot and get some tropical house plants for my room now and put them around the tv.

Andy787

Banned
B'z-chan said:
They need to come out with a special edition for the states
Yes. Seriously, we deserve a special edition as cool as this:

vortal_pic_27220.jpg

I don't care if it's $100, I want a really fucking cool MGS SE, please. :(

Anyway, very nice trailer. I think some of the MGS2 trailers were a bit better, but that was awesome regardless. I'm so psyched for this game.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Geeeeeezzzzz... that was bloody fantastic!

As for the voices, you can tell that at one point in the trailer, the voice is used as a voiceover and that characters are not actualyl speaking it (at least I think so). Also, you can tell they are avoiding to show their mouths wherever they can, because the syncing probably isn't done yet... That could also explian the Sull camo that hides his mouth... but I think there are two jumps.

I didn't have problems with any of the voices, they all sound very good to me. Ocelot is young and he sounds like that. I have a feeling that in this game it's not his role to be a badass.

Oh, and Robertsan, thanks for the mirror - the main server is overloaded at the moment.

Maybe i'm just a little too into MGS3 but i want to go to HomeDepot and get some tropical house plants for my room now and put them around the tv.
Ha-ha, I have already done some camo-like clothes shopping (not real military camo, but the fashion stuff you can buy in stores)
That includes camo underwear!
:p

B'z-chan

Banned
Well since i've had camo gear for years and never worn it. I think i might get a chance. I've got a trunk of old Vietnam era clothing so i'm sure that will add just the right effect. Humidifyers check, and a heater, yeah i can do it. FUCK man now it sounds like i'm growing pot or something in my room.

Top Bottom