• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo release dates (Metroid, SMG2, S&P2 incl.)

farnham

Banned
Buckethead said:
P.S.: So Wii HD this Fall/Winter then?
i still dont get the logic of this

nintendo is not going to abandon their userbase now.. they have a lot of people that have a wii and a lot of franchises that can be sold to them...

They're really pushing Galaxy 2 out of the door. Thought it would have been a late or Holiday release this year. It will be out before E3

Zero-Crescent said:
I was keeping track of the release dates mentioned at the press conference in the other thread, and here's the final list, one that I reconciled with the info in the PR:

March 8th - Max and the Magic Marker
March 14th - Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
March 22nd - Cave Story
March 28th - Warioware DIY, America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking, DSi XL
April 20th - Monster Hunter 3/Tri
May 3rd - Picross 3D
May 18th - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
May 23rd - Super Mario Galaxy 2
June 7th - Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor
June 14th - 100 Classic Books
June 27th - Metroid: Other M
October - Ghostwire (Majesco)
Spring - Art Style: Light Trax, Art Style: Rotozoa, Rage of the Gladiator, Metal Torrent, X-scape, Photo Dojo
Summer - FlingSmash [AKA Span Smasher], And Yet It Moves, Super Meat Boy, Dragon Quest IX
2nd half - Guilty Party (Disney)

I'll borrow this for the OP

Rich!

Shiggy said:
At least something new...
4385617176_6dd865a2f6_o.jpg

U R MR GAY is still there, so I see. :lol

Bit hard to see on the new logo on the right, but it's definitely there.

I just hope we don't have another 2008 on our hands where the holiday season sucks in general. Of course that's probably unlikely considering how important this year is with Natal/Arc and other stuff.

Shiggy

European name of Skip's WiiWare title Rotozea is "Penta Tentacles" :lol

More to follow tomorrow. There may be some other announcements too.

MoxManiac

Metroid stuff said:
While much of the game is reminiscent of 2-D side-scrollers, players can switch the perspective into 3-D at any time as they explore the twisting passages of a derelict space station and delve deep into a cinematic, never-before-told story of bounty hunter Samus Aran's past. This new approach uses a new control scheme in which players use the Wii Remote™ controller held sideways to battle enemies and navigate the expansive, gorgeous environments in classic Metroid fashion, then aim at the screen with the Wii Remote pointer to blast foes in first-person and hunt the world for clues and hidden passages.

Wow, that sounds interesting. I am optimistic.

KAL2006

Banned
cornontheCoD said:
WOW. Mario , Metroid, and Zelda all in the same year!

I just realise this aswell (of course that if Zelda comes out this year)
We have
Mario
Metroid
Zelda
Pokemon
all in one year, lets not forget none of this games are crappy spinoffs, they are the real deal

I wonder why Nintendo is releasing Mario, Zelda and Pokemon so early this year. Do they have a surprise such as WiiHD, DS2 or maybe they are going to hype up the next Zelda to the max (new Motion Plus controls:D )

Princess Skittles said:
So Light Trax IS Dotstream.

IT'S A CELEBRATION BITCHES.
Hot damn. That is my absolute favorite Bit Generations game! AND Dragon Quest IX is this SUMMER?! Not to mention Metroid Other M, Sin & Punishment 2 and Cave Story?!

I'm think I'm going to pass out...

So... every big Nintendo title that we knew was coming this year for Wii is in fact coming in the first six months of the year.

Weren't we under the impression that one or two of those games would be holiday titles? So what the fuck do they have planned for the holidays? They really are sticking to their new "we won't show or even really talk about games until they are near release" thing seriously. Anticipation for E3 rising.

Just to add - the moment where Mario uses the
drill
to go into the
middle of a planet
and nab all of the
coins
made me gasp!

m.i.s.

Banned
"Metroid™: Other M, the incredible new Metroid game developed for Wii through a collaboration by Nintendo and the world-renowned Team Ninja, launches June 27. The game looks at the classic franchise from a new perspective: While much of the game is reminiscent of 2-D side-scrollers, players can switch the perspective into 3-D at any time as they explore the twisting passages of a derelict space station and delve deep into a cinematic, never-before-told story of bounty hunter Samus Aran's past. This new approach uses a new control scheme in which players use the Wii Remote™ controller held sideways to battle enemies and navigate the expansive, gorgeous environments in classic Metroid fashion, then aim at the screen with the Wii Remote pointer to blast foes in first-person and hunt the world for clues and hidden passages."​

Surprised no ones yet scrutinised Nintendo's PR blurb for Metroid.

Azure J

Mama Robotnik said:
Just to add - the moment where Mario uses the
drill
to go into the
middle of a planet
and nab all of the
coins
made me gasp!

Fuck that shit,
that scene where you have to do 2D platforming around that space cylinder with it's own gravitational force is fucking genius.

M.I.S. said:
"Metroid™: Other M, the incredible new Metroid game developed for Wii through a collaboration by Nintendo and the world-renowned Team Ninja, launches June 27. The game looks at the classic franchise from a new perspective: While much of the game is reminiscent of 2-D side-scrollers, players can switch the perspective into 3-D at any time as they explore the twisting passages of a derelict space station and delve deep into a cinematic, never-before-told story of bounty hunter Samus Aran's past. This new approach uses a new control scheme in which players use the Wii Remote™ controller held sideways to battle enemies and navigate the expansive, gorgeous environments in classic Metroid fashion, then aim at the screen with the Wii Remote pointer to blast foes in first-person and hunt the world for clues and hidden passages."​

That sound to good to be true. I call fake :D

ksamedi

M.I.S. said:

What the hell, that sounds kind of promising as long as I can shoot stuff in 2D as well.

EDIT: So you battle in 2D but if you're having a hard time shooting an enemy in 2D you can switch to first person mode. Thats sounds fantastic.

They're going to have some big unannounced games for this holiday. Now for the speculation.....

It's gotta be one of Nintendo's flagship titles (they usually release one of those around the holidays), plus a big casual game.

But what could they be.... IMO Zelda is still too early. We know literally nothing about the game. It would be a pleasant surprise though.

Swittcher

Banned
I'm a member at GT, but I still can't download a direct feed version of the trailer to my hard drive, when I try to do so, it just gives empty text, with no actual links. WTF

SlipperySlope said:
They're going to have some big unannounced games for this holiday. Now for the speculation.....

It's gotta be one of Nintendo's flagship titles (they usually release one of those around the holidays), plus a big casual game.

But what could they be.... IMO Zelda is still too early. We know literally nothing about the game. It would be a pleasant surprise though.
Metroid is out in five months and the most we've heard about it was a PR blurb today.

NSMB Wii was revealed/announced at E3 in late June 2009 and came out early November 2009.

Swittcher said:
I'm a member at GT, but I still can't download a direct feed version of the trailer to my hard drive, when I try to do so, it just gives empty text, with no actual links. WTF
They likely haven't put it up for download yet.

AniHawk

SlipperySlope said:

We know more about Zelda than we did about NSMBW at this point in time.

In February 2010 we know about Zelda:
-Link is going to be older than TP Link
-Motion plus for archery and swordfighting- no pointer controls
-Visual style is different from TP

In February 2009 we knew about NSMBW:
-

jufonuk

not tag worthy
the bit in the trailer where
The Boos are eating the floor, was awesome and the bosses look great too
need to play mario galaxy again :D

ShockingAlberto said:
Metroid is out in five months and the most we've heard about it was a PR blurb today.

NSMB Wii was revealed/announced at E3 in late June 2009 and came out early November 2009.

Yeah. Weren't we expecting Metroid to be a holiday title though? As it stands we know of literally no Nintendo games slated for this holiday.

Well, either way I'm glad they're spreading their titles out throughout the year. Beats a huge no-game gap, then a bunch of games at once.

Edit: This time last year, I believe we knew of a few games coming out around that holiday. Or at least some games a month or two before the holiday. We knew of Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Fit Plus, for example, that we knew would be big during the holiday, even if they release a month or two before it.

As it is right now, we know of nothing big post June.

Osuwari

M.I.S. said:

sounds like super paper mario.
hopefully it turns out much better. if this is indeed 2D at it's base, then i'll be really happy since i wanted a new 2D game for years. i expected it for DS at most so this actually is more than what i expected and that's always good.

Top Bottom