• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i still have mine... lets just get a tourney for those that still have it and call it a day and i can send this bad boy back to gamefly

Shamrock

Banned
Well I'll be picking up Madden tonight. I have it coming from gamefly so I'm just renting it from Hollywood video at Midnight until I get it in the mail. Already called and they have a copy behind the desk for me.

I never heard back from you about the Madden League FMT. I'd like to join if someone bails out. Team doesn't matter.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shamrock said:
Well I'll be picking up Madden tonight. I have it coming from gamefly so I'm just renting it from Hollywood video at Midnight until I get it in the mail. Already called and they have a copy behind the desk for me.

I never heard back from you about the Madden League FMT. I'd like to join if someone bails out. Team doesn't matter.
I would like to see you there :) For sure.

I think APF is dead and everyone will have madden anyway. So i'll just get madden tonight and turn in APF. Damn campbell was a beast lol. I would have liked to play in a championship game though. But the appetizer is over madden is here bitches.

Shamrock

Banned
vumpler said:
I would like to see you there :) For sure.

I think APF is dead and everyone will have madden anyway. So i'll just get madden tonight and turn in APF. Damn campbell was a beast lol. I would have liked to play in a championship game though. But the appetizer is over madden is here bitches.

The hell you will Sir, I have been training for our rematch. I have been doing thumb crunches with my A button tapping thumb all week.

vumpler

Shamrock said:
The hell you will Sir, I have been training for our rematch. I have been doing thumb crunches with my A button tapping thumb all week.
:lol There's nothing I can do about it really. Everyone bailed on us bro except FMT and a few others :/

SickBoy

Disappointing. Not unexpected, but disappointing. Now I guess I've got to figure if I should get trade-in value for All-pro or keep it and buy Madden as well..

vumpler

Well I was about to trade in APF and just figured for the $24 they were going to give me I might as well keep it for good measure :/

Maverick

$24? Hm, there isn't any special trade-in deal with Madden?

I might actually just keep it as well. My buddy just got the game and he's a 2k-only guy, so I'm sure he'll play it with me. Plus, we might not be getting another All-Pro game for another two years, if ever.

This game isn't bad (certainly tries new things), but like most next-gen games, I'm kind of sore about paying $60 plus tax for it.

What pisses me off even more is that I know I'm going to see it at my local mom-and-pop used for $30 in like a month.

vumpler

Maverick said:
$24? Hm, there isn't any special trade-in deal with Madden?
There is at EB. It's an extra 20% when trading in games towards madden. Its regularly $20 :lol

Maverick

Balls.

Shouldn't surprise me...I saw 4 used copies of All-Pro for PS3 at my local CD Exchange yesterday - that's more than I've ever seen for one game at that place.

Gamespot is probably going to be sitting on pile of APFs since Madden released.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hahahahhahahahhahahahahha

Traded it for $25, then having the extra 20% or so made it about $30.

Ramirez

Well, you guys can keep living in dream land, I guess havin' to run more than a couple plays with Earl Campbell is killing Vump. :p

And Live, from our game, I wouldn't blame your horrible 3 INTs into Double Coverage on ninja DBs.

But hey, you could always start a 2-3 man league!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"But hey, you could always start a 2-3 man league!"

:lol

Ramirez

Jube3 said:
Oh snap :lol

Ask him about the double coverage ninjas, heh.

All joking aside, I didn't play a single person in APF that could play manual defense with any kind of consistency online, so I guess I wasn't alone in not being able to play defense. Hell go look at our league, majority of the games had everyone scoring 20+. :lol

Jube3

I was so damn scared momentum would carry me the other way and I would blow the play that I just stuck to playing withe ends and tackles. I usually pick a LB to play D.

Ramirez

Jube3 said:
I was so damn scared momentum would carry me the other way and I would blow the play that I just stuck to playing withe ends and tackles. I usually pick a LB to play D.

Exactly, I play line in most games, but I like to switch to make tackles, but when I did the momentum or strafing would take me completely out of the play.

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
Ask him about the double coverage ninjas, heh.

All joking aside, I didn't play a single person in APF that could play manual defense with any kind of consistency online, so I guess I wasn't alone in not being able to play defense. Hell go look at our league, majority of the games had everyone scoring 20+. :lol

Double coverage? Come on dude, don't try to make shit up just to hide your shortcomings in All-Pro. I threw 1 ball that was questionable, short, off my back foot, which your corner saw and slowed up to grab. The other 2 your DB/LB jumped the route inhumanly.

Madden still suffers from it, and we all will gain advantage and get punished from it--unfortunately, not in even amounts. Nuff said.

Ramirez

I'm not making anything up, I'm pretty positive my LBs didn't have the INTs, I know of two you threw up and I had a CB/Safety right next to the guy blanketing him.

You had 3 picks and was 3/9 on passing, don't blame the game. It's ok to admit we made some boneheaded passes, even the one your LB picked off on me, he was in the general area and the ball had no lift on it at all, I don't see what's so unrealistic about that getting picked.

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
I'm not making anything up, I'm pretty positive my LBs didn't have the INTs, I know of two you threw up and I had a CB/Safety right next to the guy blanketing him.

You had 3 picks and was 3/9 on passing, don't blame the game. It's ok to admit we made some boneheaded passes, even the one your LB picked off on me, he was in the general area and the ball had no lift on it at all, I don't see what's so unrealistic about that getting picked.

Except that Roethlisberger RIFLED that pass out. It shouldn't be that automatic. In real NFL any linebacker will tell you it's not easy to catch something intended to hit a WR in stride downfield.

But whatever, we'll settle this next game! :D

BirdBomb

Banned
bluemax said:
So is the league dead? Can I send my copy of the game back to Gamefly?

braveheart.jpg

All GAF leagues die. Not every non-Madden GAF league really lives.

vumpler

All we need is FMT to say "hey lets start the playoffs" or "hey lets not." FMT say something relative to the league please :)

Enron

Banned
Yeah, this is what I was afraid of several weeks ago.

Its so hard to keep 30 guys on the same page :x

I put mine up on one of those game trader sites. Lots of people want to trade for it, so maybe I can deal this for something fun. Defense is completely borked in this game. Offense is godlike, though. This may be the first year in many that I'll pick up Madden.

vumpler

Enron said:
Yeah, this is what I was afraid of several weeks ago.

Its so hard to keep 30 guys on the same page :x

I put mine up on one of those game trader sites. Lots of people want to trade for it, so maybe I can deal this for something fun. Defense is completely borked in this game. Offense is godlike, though. This may be the first year in many that I'll pick up Madden.
Believe it or not excluding a few small things madden is pretty awesome.

SickBoy

I thought the game was pretty decent. It wasn't all there, but there are aspects I still prefer to Madden. I liked it enough that I'll probably pick it up sometime in the future, since it's pretty clear it's going to be bound for extreme price slashing down the road. (I've seen it at $26CDN for a while now.... since before the dollar hit par, I think).

Anyhow, I'd feel worse about buying it, but I got great trade-in value that made it a slightly-pricier-than-Blockbuster rental...

Top Bottom