• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm done with this f-ing game.

I was down 21-14 to Tag in the 2nd quarter and I get the you cant continue this game due to network errors.

I'm already 0-8 and will most likely have been 0-9,I dont even care about wins,but to waste half an hour and both of us get booted,it's not worth it for me anymore.

I dont like the game,cant complete games half the time and I need to trade it in by Monday.

Im also not making the playoffs,so whatever.

Free W's for the people left on my schedule unless Fmt can replace me.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Matrix said:
I'm done with this f-ing game.

I was down 21-14 to Tag in the 2nd quarter and I get the you cant continue this game due to network errors.

I'm already 0-8 and will most likely have been 0-9,I dont even care about wins,but to waste half an hour and both of us get booted,it's not worth it for me anymore.

I dont like the game,cant complete games half the time and I need to trade it in by Monday.

Im also not making the playoffs,so whatever.

Free W's for the people left on my schedule unless Fmt can replace me.
Bro I have to be 100% honest. If there was ever a situation where I would approve someone withdrawing from a league its this one. You've done EVERYTHING right. You've given it every shot you've had and you're still having network problems. I just want to say thanks for playing your games as much as you did
icon_confused.gif
I don't think I could ever be as diligent as you've been given the situations.
highfive.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thanks.

:lol This will be the first time ever I will have gotten rid of a football game without having won atleast one game online.

I swear if Madden is like this for me,I'll cry.I buy these games for online play.

LiveWire

Even though I was snubbed out of the league, if anyone wants some practice (you will probably lose but learn something out of it! :D) let me know.

I'll be able to play in about an hour or so.

I still have the following people on my schedule:

AyoJube
Mr.Bob
Big Zep
MalleyMal
DMczaf
AKAballa
TagKC
Cloud2k
Bluemax

BirdBomb

Banned
i have a few questions.

1. the big hit. does it just make you dive the completely wrong way 90% of the time for anyone else? seems broken as hell to me.

2. challenges. i had a close catch in the endzone in a league game earlier today and couldnt challenge it, even though it was the 3rd quarter and i hadnt challenged a call all game. are the challenge rules in apf different than the nfl?

3. maybe i am wrong here, but if the defense commits a penalty on the last play of the half, doesnt the offense get another play? or is that just if the game ends on a defensive penalty?

SickBoy

BirdBomb said:
i have a few questions.

1. the big hit. does it just make you dive the completely wrong way 90% of the time for anyone else? seems broken as hell to me.

2. challenges. i had a close catch in the endzone in a league game earlier today and couldnt challenge it, even though it was the 3rd quarter and i hadnt challenged a call all game. are the challenge rules in apf different than the nfl?

3. maybe i am wrong here, but if the defense commits a penalty on the last play of the half, doesnt the offense get another play? or is that just if the game ends on a defensive penalty?

1. I don't have any huge problems with it.

2. I don't think I've seen a worthwhile challenge yet playing online (offline is a different story), but that said, it seems like the challenge rules are the same (although you can't challenge after viewing a replay... maybe that was what happened?)

3. Time shouldn't be able to expire on a defensive penalty.

BirdBomb

Banned
yea, we didnt view a replay before i tried to challenge and i just played a game where i hurled a hail mary on the last play of the half and got a roughing the passer call that set me up in FG range and as i came out to kick the FG the last 2 seconds ran off the clock :( oh well. weird though.

Ramirez

SickBoy said:
What a ridiculous game.... I can't believe that last run with Means... unbelievable...

GG, Ramirez...

I was laughing so hard, here you were being nice and trying to just let me tackle him while he's standing still and he just keeps breaking tackles. :lol

Ramirez

Well, playing against Earl Campbell sure is fun!! :lol

LMAO, that blocked XP pretty much sums up my feelings on this game, it's like layin face down and getting kicked in the fucking face by a NFL kicker. :lol

vumpler

Ramirez said:
LMAO, that blocked XP pretty much sums up my feelings on this game, it's like layin face down and getting kicked in the fucking face by a NFL kicker. :lol
:lol Great game though. It took me all of the first half to figure out how you spread the ball around. Very well done.

Doesn't seem like me and matrix can finish a game. Spend my only available hour last night to play and we get disconnected at halftime again =/ gg while it lasted matrix.

anyone want to go tonight when I'm home from work?

LiveWire

Wow, people are so committed to winning at all costs....

Out of the last 5 games I've played:

4 people would use no-huddle almost every drive for the entire drive

3 took advantage of the no huddle after long gains to get free offsides calls while my defense was running to the line

2 would almost always call 4 WR formations.

3 would go for it always on 4th down (the other two went for it on 4th at least once in the first half).

I mean, WOW. Is it that important to win?

I'm 4-1 in those last 5, beating people with scores like 63-33, 35-14, 28-6, 14-0....(1 person quit early).

Oh, and their teams?

Randall Cunningham
Jerry Rice
Barry Sanders/Gale Sayers/Walter Payton

But, with all that said.......it's still easy to beat them (as it should be) by calling good defense and being patient. Since Madden seems to reward that type of gameplay (unless they've reinstituted Fair Play?) I'd probably be 0-5 getting blown out 70-0.

Ramirez

If the person is good enough cheese will still out do good defensive playcalling.

Is there even such a thing in this game? I shutout FMT, my defense played like they never played before, then next game the exact opposite happens to me, my defense is full of tards and I can't move the ball at all, this game is completely random.

LiveWire

Hey Hunter D, great game. I still don't know what is wrong with my connection. I've opened all the ports stated on the Xbox site, updated my router's firmware, placed the router right next to the Xbox....and still I get disconnects against you and I can't even start games against Cerebral Palsy. What is it about these football games that connection is so bad? Yet for FPS games I have no problem playing who I want to play?

Anyway, I'm surprised you didn't run Okoye more...you mixed up the run/pass well early, but then when you started throwing more it was a little easier to plan for....though you still audibled well as that last play showed. That probably would have been a TD or at least redzone 1st down.

Hunter D

LiveWire said:
Hey Hunter D, great game. I still don't know what is wrong with my connection. I've opened all the ports stated on the Xbox site, updated my router's firmware, placed the router right next to the Xbox....and still I get disconnects against you and I can't even start games against Cerebral Palsy. What is it about these football games that connection is so bad? Yet for FPS games I have no problem playing who I want to play?

Anyway, I'm surprised you didn't run Okoye more...you mixed up the run/pass well early, but then when you started throwing more it was a little easier to plan for....though you still audibled well as that last play showed. That probably would have been a TD or at least redzone 1st down.
GGs. Hate the fucking disconnects.

Anyone else notice that Unitas throws the ball like Peyton Manning in this game?

vumpler

BirdBomb said:
holy shit @ campbell 100+ broken tackles on 90 something carries :lol :lol
Lol he's a beast if I make that corner. It all comes down to how you hit him and from where.. If you T him up and hit him low he goes down just as easy as any unstared played which sucks, but if come at me from an angle and I'm charged I blow right through.

He's a beast I agree :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yRA6sAO8xs

Watch him own tatum at the end :lol I would say start watching once he hits the NFL and its just nuts. Watch at 5:03. Now THATS how you run the football. And at 6:08 when they try to 2 on 1 him and he just stone walls them lololol.

Hunter D

I just played a bigass cheeser. The guy had T) and witten as silver (both had route god and break away burst) Marion Barber as gold (had break tackle, speed burner, break away burst, finesse and power, kick returner) and deion sanders as a gold. He only beat me by a fieldgoal even though he was cheesing with hurry ups.

Anyone with overland park on their schedule want to play?

Mrbob

Anyone one want to take over my team for me?

Due to monetary reasons I now have to trade in APF on tuesday to get Madden. And if I gotta choose between two games, it'll be madden. Sorry guys.

bluemax

Banned
Hey sorry I've been crappy about getting games in, I'm on vacation now and after about a half hour of work I got my 360 working on my parents Wireless. So yeah PM me if you want to schedule a game, but I'm available pretty much all day (just not too early in the morning, I want to sleep some :p) and I'm on the West Coast. I'd like to finish before Madden comes out if possible so I can Gamefly Madden.

Shamrock

Banned
LiveWire said:

Run a xbox live connection test to see if your nat is open. If it's not make sure you go to the network settings (in game), click on edit settings and see what IP address your 360 uses. It's possible you did open all the right ports, but maybe you didn't forward them for the right IP address?

P.S. It's also much easier to just throw the 360 into the DMZ. All you have to do is find out the IP address the 360 is using (like I said above) and then go into your router settings, find DMZ, and then add the IP address of the 360 to it. Problem solved.

LiveWire

Shamrock said:
Run a xbox live connection test to see if your nat is open. If it's not make sure you go to the network settings (in game), click on edit settings and see what IP address your 360 uses. It's possible you did open all the right ports, but maybe you didn't forward them for the right IP address?

P.S. It's also much easier to just throw the 360 into the DMZ. All you have to do is find out the IP address the 360 is using (like I said above) and then go into your router settings, find DMZ, and then add the IP address of the 360 to it. Problem solved.

Yea, I used the right address. Didn't know about the DMZ thing though, I'll do that now. Thanks! *crosses fingers*

Oh, and my NAT is Moderate. Will this change fix that?

Edit: nm found it.

Shamrock

Banned
LiveWire said:
Yea, I used the right address. Didn't know about the DMZ thing though, I'll do that now. Thanks! *crosses fingers*

Oh, and my NAT is Moderate. Will this change fix that?

Edit: nm found it.

Did it work for you?

Shamrock

Banned
Shamrock said:
The remainder of my schedule is:

Adowsky
Mr. Bob
AKA Balla
DMczaf
wsv771
TagKC
Might be wrong

I sent you all FR's so if you see me on throw me a message. If I'm not on live or away you can try my aim: Shamrock666999

4 Games left.

vumpler

Is there a chance of the playoffs starting like.. Tonight...

Otherwise most people will already have madden lol.

Ramirez

Tradin' mine in tomorrow too, sorry chums! I played my games when I found someone interested in playing one, which wasn't often. :p

Top Bottom