• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I also play Madden style on D thinking I can actually play manually and I just cant in this game.

Some of you guys have got it down,but I just run around in circles.

Sometimes I dont mean to backpedal I just hold the snap button down too long or something and I run backwards :lol

Yea George destroying Golic was just a wtf moment.I was thinking a game at most,but 8 games :lol

You play awesome at this game on both sides of the ball,you could easily win this all Shamrock.

SickBoy said:
Good game, S's, but WTH is up with the dark road jerseys???

Yeah gg man. My kicker had a game winning FG to make up for the missed xp he had last night :lol

I just copied Michigan State's football uniforms (home and away) for my team... That's why they're called the East Lansing S's (Spartans).

SickBoy

Not so good when we're both wearing dark green jerseys (grumble)... not that it caused me any problems... unless I can somehow blame my inability to kick in this game on that :)

Shamrock

Banned
Matrix said:
Yea George destroying Golic was just a wtf moment.I was thinking a game at most,but 8 games :lol

It's not as bad as what happened to FMT. He lost Taylor and he was his only legend WR. Taylor must have low durability in this game because he lost Taylor when FMT and I played a lobby game together.

It's not as bad as what happened to FMT. He lost Taylor and he was his only legend WR. Taylor must have low durability in this game because he lost Taylor when FMT and I played a lobby game together.

lol gg tho. i only realized late what types of zones you were running. too fatigued from my other game! that's my excuse!

also, NOOOO JOHNNY T! what was funny is that i absolutely rocked okoye on that play and right after the injury box comes up "out 6 weeks" so im thinking YES! christian down! then it's my guy who wasn't on the field and hadn't been on the field in forever :lol

oh 2k!

Shamrock

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol gg tho. i only realized late what types of zones you were running. too fatigued from my other game! that's my excuse!

also, NOOOO JOHNNY T! what was funny is that i absolutely rocked okoye on that play and right after the injury box comes up "out 6 weeks" so im thinking YES! christian down! then it's my guy who wasn't on the field and hadn't been on the field in forever :lol

oh 2k!

Ya, thats why I got all nervous and immediately paused to check to see who was out for 6 weeks. I didn't even notice Taylor get hurt. I thought it was Okoye for sure and I was going to have to be using the UTEP two step with a Generic for 6 weeks.:lol

Now thats 3/4 legends my teams injured. My guys going to get a rep for being dirty ankle twisting, eye gouging players. I love it.

Maverick

I didn't have any luck getting any games last night...

Anyone w/ Manchester/Militant Black on their schedule wanna schedule something for tonight?

I'm free after 7 p.m. EST. I'd like to get like 3-4 games in tonight since I've only got in 1 league game so far.

Interesting comments about learning the game vs. people who just seem to want to quit. I'm still a fan of this game, and I can see where it's "deep," in that there is probably a rewarding learning curve. I think the problem is that we started the league before everyone has had a chance to get the game down (hell, some people, including me, still can't kick online.)

So we have a situation where there's probably ways to stop the ridiculous 2K5 runs and 12-yards-per-carry that some legends are breaking off, but not many people have played enough games to figure that out.

And I'm sorry, I'm primarily a Madden player, but you guys who are thinking Madden 08 is going to be your savior this football season are in for a really big letdown. The game just isn't there yet from the initial reports. So settle down and let's finish this league.

I'll be able to play tonight after 10ish EST. I'd like to get at least 2-3 games in.

Maverick, you want to plan on playing at around 10:30-10:45 EST tonight?

SickBoy

Maverick said:
So we have a situation where there's probably ways to stop the ridiculous 2K5 runs and 12-yards-per-carry that some legends are breaking off, but not many people have played enough games to figure that out.

And I'm sorry, I'm primarily a Madden player, but you guys who are thinking Madden 08 is going to be your savior this football season are in for a really big letdown. The game just isn't there yet from the initial reports. So settle down and let's finish this league.

I think you're probably at least partly right (the game probably is a bit too run-heavy, though).

As for Madden, I hope it'll turn out well. But I'm not disliking 2K8. I'm enjoying the game as a pretty pressure-free experience. I know I'm going to suck and I just have fun when I'm playing. I don't know if I'd actually do any better in Madden (it's been since '06 that I've played online), but if I played Madden the way I play this game, I think it would bother me more...

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
ChrisJames said:
I'll be able to start a game within the next hour or so, if anyone's around to play...
i'm here lets get it on

Also why didn't we list everyones AIM in the OP?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Malley,im coming!

in the lobby waiting to play

Matrix

:lol @ Boobs

fuck this game,gg Malley :lol

0-8! whooooooooooo

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
LOL Matrix that shit was ugly.. I kept getting late hit calls and that bombwas my first completed ever since i started playing on GAF period.... the toilet bowl is over

Shamrock

Banned
The remainder of my schedule is:

Adowsky
Mr. Bob
AKA Balla
DMczaf
wsv771
TagKC
Might be wrong

I sent you all FR's so if you see me on throw me a message. If I'm not on live or away you can try my aim: Shamrock666999

Maverick, I'm not going to be able to play until ~11:30 Eastern.

I just got home and still have to put a bunch of things away, sorry to make you wait.

SickBoy

GG Ando... man do I suck at D. Terrell Davis has an awesome "slight change of direction" juke that just fakes my defenders out of their shoes.

I also think you've got the perfect setup on D for stars... having stars at both safety spots seems to make a lot of sense.

Shamrock

Banned
Is there a rule about you can't play with your mic on in this league or something? Out of 11 games I've played 10 people didn't say a word. I know that this is a league and you all have that competitive edge and all that, but Damn, your not playing your mortal enemies out there. :lol

Although I'm in serious video game training to avenge my loss to Vumpler.:lol I'm going to have the Rocky soundtrack playing in the background and I'm busting out my 1985 Bears Head and Wrist bands if we meet again Vumpler. It's on.

SickBoy

Shamrock said:
Is there a rule about you can't play with your mic on in this league or something? Out of 11 games I've played 10 people didn't say a word. I know that this is a league and you all have that competitive edge and all that, but Damn, your not playing your mortal enemies out there. :lol

I dunno.. I've been playing games late and have had company staying here... but the one game I used the mic for I think it was my game against you.

Maverick

GG last night ChrisJames. Was fun as hell.

I dunno what was up with all the late hits and stuff. And that sucked when you got taken out of FG range w/ the delay of games calls.

Other than that, crazy game. I don't know what I was thinking with the interception at midfield near the end of the game. I saw the zone, had time, and still ended up hitting your LB right between the numbers. :lol

I seem to make mistakes like that every game that kill me, but I'm starting to play competitively at least.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and how about Moore's "jetpack" Superman dive on that one fade. :lol He didn't catch it, but man that was redunkulous. I always have fun playing this game, but man, with all the sweet animations they have, there's some in there that make me scratch my head.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shamrock said:
Although I'm in serious video game training to avenge my loss to Vumpler.:lol I'm going to have the Rocky soundtrack playing in the background and I'm busting out my 1985 Bears Head and Wrist bands if we meet again Vumpler. It's on.
:lol Bro I wouldn't have it any other way
icon_biggrin.gif
. It was last year in first madden league for madden 07 that I realized if someone’s talking to me I just can't memorize every play they run and who they threw to on which type of route in what situation. Believe it or not I'm an incredibly competitive person. Sometimes it almost becomes a problem so the wife tells me. Hell I won't even let her or my little bro win at wii bowling once :/ I just can't do it :lol It’s not an ego issue because ego is the last thing I have a problem with but its definitly something I need to work on.

I was playing someone with a mic on and when I busted a huge play on them it made them feel really awkward. So instead of them immediately screaming FUUCK!!@!@ they just hold it in and eventually mute their mic anyway. So it just works out better if you don't feel their aggression and depression over the mic because it tends to affect your play. Also it works both ways if I get a huge play busted on me just know I'm pissed and screaming about how I let my D fall apart. :lol

Oh and that reminds me. If you ever see me check the replay in a game against me, its just to see what fell apart and why. I was playing someone recently and there were like 4 HUGE broken plays and I just HAVE to check to see what went wrong. That is one disadvantage of not using the mic. I had a feeling for some reason the person I was playing was thinking I was doing it to be facetious but it’s only to see what happened objectively no matter what side of the ball it was on. I never view it for more than 5-8 seconds anyway just to make sure and deter people from thinking it’s out of bad taste.

Maverick

For real man, this game is dangerous to play with a mic on. Considering the computer sometimes breaks 4-5 tackles with Earl Campbell, my game against you would be R-rated. :lol Put the kids to bed.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
I would never play with my mic, I'm usually cussing my opponent and everything they stand for during the game. :lol

:lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Although I like talking to a few of the other peeps in game, I've definitely learned that I like to ramble on and on, so I know most people mute me out. Plus, whenever shit starts going wrong, out come the inevitable "fucking dickass rammer bitch" ala "Tourette Lone"

Rorschach

In regards to the mic, I kinda can't. I have 3 fans on my 360 and the feedback is immense. Not that they have helped 1 iota... Oh, and I know Lone's pissed when he stops talking and/or replying. :lol One time he just said "you know what, I'm gonna unplug my mic..." and I knew he was livid.

Matrix

"One time he just said "you know what, I'm gonna unplug my mic..." and I knew he was livid."

:lol :lol :lol

Mics dont work for me,I think its my router or something that is f-ing things up.Ive had problems since the original xbox days and ive honestly havent cared to buy a new router or look into fixing the issue.Last time a mic worked right for me was when I had Halo 2.

Rors,I now have a fan pointed on my 360 too :lol and the power brick...just in case.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
"One time he just said "you know what, I'm gonna unplug my mic..." and I knew he was livid."

Ah yes, I remember those exact words.

I can get so bad, I think I've caused GAF Drama with the words I can spew.

Matrix

I was once the master of GAF league drama,ive cooled down with old age.

LiveWire

Heh, I don't play with the mic on for the exact opposite reason. Usually if I make a boneheaded move or give up a big play I'm just depressed.

But if I make a big comeback or breakout play I'll get all "YEAH BITCH WHAT! WHAT! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!" :lol

So I figure it's best just to keep quiet instead. :D

Maverick

I used to be that way during the Madden PS2 days when I was in the top 1,000. It culminated when I missed a FG to beat a dude in the top 20 who was cheesing me all game - slammed my PS2 controller against the wall and put on a display that would make the Tourettes Chef from Curb Your Enthusiasm blush.

This was at 2 a.m. with my girl sleeping. :lol

I stopped caring so much after that.

Rorschach

I made cubanb break 2 controllers in one game. We couldn't finish the game since he ran out of controllers, so I took down the third quarter stats. :D

[insert DM's broken controller jpg]

Top Bottom