• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Prince of Persia Warrior Within (Sands of Time in WW)

pop2p2045.jpg

pop2p2044.jpg

pop2p2043.jpg

pop2p2042.jpg

pop2p2041.jpg

pop2p2040.jpg

pop2p2039.jpg

pop2p2038.jpg

pop2p2037.jpg

Solid

GAF don't like PoP :(

Personally I can't wait for this. I'm actually thinking of buying it right on it's release.

I'm buying on release date aswell..

I remember all the hatred for POP WW not showing traps/environmental stuff... Now here it is, so stop complaining... That's why I'm trying to build some hype here... If you guys didn't know, if POP WW is successful then POP Team will be making POP 6(or 3 as of right now). So go out there and buy POP WW, so we might get a chance to see another POP game with arabian/persian features like SOT... Going by the drastic change in style anything is possible, maybe they'll go back to the roots of POP Game. But all I'm going to say is POP WW is going to surprise everyone here when it releases.

Solid

Yeah, I've also been trying to hype this baby, but people just won't care :/

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=21797

Not even hot pics of Monica Bellucci could interest them½!!1

I know this game will get great scores and all, so maybe people will care then. All I know is that Warrior Within seems so much better than SoT (even though that game was awesome too).

AniHawk

I think most of the hatred comes from the overall doom feel of the game. It's like this goth stuff was added just to make the game look "badass," and that's not cool.

Yeah she is definately hot... Sadly everyone here wants something Alladdin like, but POP Series was never a kids game. If we look back at the originals, it was a mature storyline and a lot better than Alladdin.

I don't know why they hate it so much, wait till the game is released and then see the varied game play...

If you haven't noticed but PoP WW has the later part of POP 1 and the whole POP 2's storylines merged into one with bit a changes here and there to make the game more appealing to the broader audience.

Oh if you guys didn't know by already, the only reason we are seeing blood is because is to garner more sales. SOT was a great game but the casual audience of today didn't care about. People want to look cool that's why the moves/sand powers were given emphasis.

If you guys don't care, its your lose of a really great game and cause of there being no sequal for WW and seeing the ending of the series or connection the original. Because Farah is still alive and not married, (small hint).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'll buy the game on release, but with the titles showing up in the next couple weeks...it's pretty hard to get excited about this.

still drinking water for health eh. Gotta love the magical gatorade. (I never understood how water = health). Especially when you've been chopped up/poked/bashed

lexi

Banned
We're grasping at straws now. By that logic, I refuse to play Halo 2 because of the impossibility of wielding two weapons.

Rahul

If making a game dark to set a tone is suddenly "goth", then Silent Hill is the most stereotypically gothic bullshit I've ever laid eyes on.

Vlad

Sander said:
The reloading part is a bit...odd ;)

FYI, your avatar is a hair too big...

ZA Pages said:
Yeah she is definately hot... Sadly everyone here wants something Alladdin like, but POP Series was never a kids game. If we look back at the originals, it was a mature storyline and a lot better than Alladdin.

I don't know why they hate it so much, wait till the game is released and then see the varied game play...

If you haven't noticed but PoP WW has the later part of POP 1 and the whole POP 2's storylines merged into one with bit a changes here and there to make the game more appealing to the broader audience.

Oh if you guys didn't know by already, the only reason we are seeing blood is because is to garner more sales. SOT was a great game but the casual audience of today didn't care about. People want to look cool that's why the moves/sand powers were given emphasis.

If you guys don't care, its your lose of a really great game and cause of there being no sequal for WW and seeing the ending of the series or connection the original. Because Farah is still alive and not married, (small hint).

Personally, I found the more dreamlike look of SoT to be a nice change of pace from the overly dark look of a whole bunch of other games on the market. It was bright without being too overly colorful, and just had an overall interesting look to it.

From what I've seen so far, the new game looks good on its own, but it does seem like a bit of a step down (at first glance) from the previous title.

I hate how the games industry has commodified darkness aka "badassness" into some sort of marketing tool. They can make dark games that play like shit and sell them if they want to now and its a shame.

Having said that, I enjoyed Sands of Time so this should be good.

And it looks fucking beautiful in spite of any cynical ploys. Shame it's going to be tainted by the crappest non-atmospheric metal music they can find.

Gaspode

ZA Pages said:
The french sub title of the POP 2(WW) is Heart of a Warrior... I don't know why but that sounds better than Warrior Within, don't you agree?

The spanish one is Soul of the Warrior. I think both sound better than WW.

Kuroyume

Banned
Anyone know how to finish the stupid demo on the latest OXM disc or is the gameplay of the entire demo just killing bad guys on the top of the ship?

1st Born

Are you guys saying Ubi-Soft redid SOT and including it with Warrior Within?

SOT is the best platforming game I have played this generation. No, I would say ICO and SOT.

Beezy

I haven't really been following this game, but it looks good. Is it coming to GC? I just have to make sure.

Ranger X

First of all you "assume" the game feels bad and just because of a change of looks??
This is douche bagism.
This new setting is not out of nowhere and when you'll play the game, you'll fully understand because this look is related to the story.
I've played again last week at work and i think this game is better than SOT. You have the right not to like the looks but the game plays great. The story seems to be OMGWTF-better and the game is still as detailed as SOT and yes there's platforming. Most screens comes from the first levels and the game begins with more combats scenes.

(oh and remember not to believe me! I work at Ubi so it means that i suck and i'm paid to hype the game)

Wyzdom said:
First of all you "assume" the game feels bad and just because of a change of looks??
This is douche bagism.
This new setting is not out of nowhere and when you'll play the game, you'll fully understand because this look is related to the story.
I've played again last week at work and i think this game is better than SOT. You have the right not to like the looks but the game plays great. The story seems to be OMGWTF-better and the game is still as detailed as SOT and yes there's platforming. Most screens comes from the first levels and the game begins with more combats scenes.

(oh and remember not to believe me! I work at Ubi so it means that i suck and i'm paid to hype the game)

Please tell you're are Mr. B or Prince911 from IGN, right?

Ranger X

ZA Pages said:
Please tell you're are Mr. B or Prince911 from IGN, right?

Sorry dude. I'm just a QA tester at UbiSoft Montreal that's all. You'll play my games in a couple of years though ;)

Top Bottom