• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New?? Ridge Racer PSP Renders + Art

Soul4ger

JC10001 said:
I'm buying this one at launch for sure. With all those tracks this might end up being the best Ridge Racer ever. I'm looking forward to the addition of the nitros as well.

I just hope Sony releases a PSP player for the PS3 at some point so I can play this (and other PSP games) on my TV.

I was JUST thinking about this, in conjunction with the possibility of a high-powered 2D Castlevania on PSP...

Xellos

Wow, this game looks incredible. Puts DS RR to shame; even compares favorably with a lot of DC racers IMO.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
DJ Demon J said:
"all those tracks"....does that mean Rage Racer tracks are in here?! *crosses fingers*

I think the chances are pretty darn good. This game is supposed to have 24 tracks. Thats more than enough to cover all of the tracks from Ridge Racer, Ridge Racer Revolution, Rave Racer, Rage Racer, R4, and RRV. I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that. This game is called Ridge Racers after all. So far the original Ridge Racer track and the Mountain track from Rave Racer have been confirmed.

Miburou

The three tracks that have been shown so far are:

- Rave Racer's Mountain
- RRV's Sunny Beach
- RRT4's Heaven and Hell

JC10001 said:
I think the chances are pretty darn good. This game is supposed to have 24 tracks. Thats more than enough to cover all of the tracks from Ridge Racer, Ridge Racer Revolution, Rave Racer, Rage Racer, R4, and RRV. I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that. This game is called Ridge Racers after all. So far the original Ridge Racer track and the Mountain track from Rave Racer have been confirmed.

SWEET. Dec 12th eh? *places pre-order*

nitewulf

looks incredible. but the nitro boost idea isnt too appealing for RR :/
it'll feel too fake boosting to the finish line. but hell, this will be for the subway rides anyway, short and sweet and good looking gaming on the go.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Marc said:
Damn, are you serious? I mean those effects are one thing where PS2 really shines...
Yes I am. PS2 has the raw resources to do things really well in that area, but is constrained by GS functionality from fully exploiting that.
PSP fixes the latter, while still retaining the high raw power (relative to the resolution).

rrs09.jpg

2 hours battery life for those jaggies?

Midas

SolidSnakex said:
You're really that desperate to get people uninterested in the PSP, huh?

Haha yes. And he's always making sure that he mentions the disc reading problems he had with his MD in every single thread. :lol

mumu

Marconelly said:
Another screen. This, again, is the in-game screen, only supersampled.
rrs20.jpg
Yeah only supersampled ;) This shot looks frikking amazing, but it still doesn't represent the actual game graphics. And some of the probably real in-game shots don't look as good as i expected. I'll wait till i see it in motion on the actual PSP before i pass final judgement.

RMX

Banned
Society said:
DS Doomed.

DS Doomed ??? ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa
for this ? :lol :lol :lol :lol
one PS2-like jaggy game and 2 hours battery life ? :lol :lol :lol :lol

robox

dammit... this makes me want a psp just to get this game. i haven't felt this way since ps2 announcement of rrv.

nitrous be damned, though

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
RMX said:

Whoa... what a powerful counter-attack deeply grounded in logic and not at all short of great debating skills... :rolleyes

By pressing the "panick-button, must say something wicked negative without providing proofs or justifications next to some LOL faces..." you are not exactly doing that effective damage control.

Neither system is doomed, but I guess you cannot accept that thus being at the same level or worse (since you make fun of them from your mighty pedestal) as the fanboys you make fun of.

RMX

Banned
when people say DS is DOOMED 'cause PSP has a nice looking Ridge Racer , we must shut up...that's it ?
It's a ridiculous war and it's a complete waste of time trying to compete with such ridiculous arguments...
Instead, i prefer laughing at that and wait for DS and PSP sales and impressions from players :D .

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
RMX said:
when people say DS is DOOMED 'cause PSP has a nice looking Ridge Racer , we must shut up...that's it ?

No, but if what you have to say is something equally ground-less, well maybe you can keep it to yourself and be the better man.

There are ways of showing the idiocy in someone's statements without making a fool out of yourself in the process by appearing more of a fanboy than the fanboy you are making fun of.

This is like politics, this is like listening to Limbaugh: fighting the good fight against spinning and talking points that skew and stretch the truth with... opposing spinning action and talking points that skew and stretch the truth.

cc-03.jpg

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
RMX said:
wow it's so nice... :\

cry.gif

Oh sorry... is this from Appendix A of the Sarcasm 101 text-book ? Darn, why do you rush to the end for the ready to use Internet tips, you know that they do not work as advertised unless you have at least read the cliff-notes of the rest of the book first :p.

RMX

Banned
Panajev2001a said:
Oh sorry... is this from Appendix A of the Sarcasm 101 text-book ? Darn, why do you rush to the end for the ready to use Internet tips, you know that they do not work as advertised unless you have at least read the cliff-notes of the rest of the book first :p.

no sarcasm at all :)
what you said is so nice...just...the emotion...

Brofist

RMX said:

junior, go get some corrective eye surgery then come back and play with the big boys. :lol

SolidSnakex said:
You're really that desperate to get people uninterested in the PSP, huh?

No I'm just upset that Sony's making us buy a $200 handheld for the true Ridge Racer sequel that shoulve been bound for the PS2.

seismologist said:
No I'm just upset that Sony's making us buy a $200 handheld for the true Ridge Racer sequel that shoulve been bound for the PS2.

So basically you think there should be no real sequels to games on handhelds? Only ports right? Or is it that you're really just upset that its the PSP getting the real sequel to RR and not the DS?

Kon Tiki

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
So basically you think there should be no real sequels to games on handhelds? Only ports right? Or is it that you're really just upset that its the PSP getting the real sequel to RR and not the DS?

NDS is really bothering you, I see. :lol

Brofist

seismologist said:

Well they need something to sell the thing, or else people would do just that, play it for PS2...although admittedly I would like to see this thing hit PS2 at some point, even though I'm getting the PSP version :p

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
seismologist said:

I think there will be more good games following Ridge Racers that will help you justify the purchase of your PSP even more.

kpop100 said:
Well they need something to sell the thing, or else people would do just that, play it for PS2...although admittedly I would like to see this thing hit PS2 at some point, even though I'm getting the PSP version :p

I think that's what certain people were hoping for. That the PSP would be just nothing but ports but that's not the case.

Top Bottom