• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New?? Ridge Racer PSP Renders + Art

seismologist said:
No I'm just upset that Sony's making us buy a $200 handheld for the true Ridge Racer sequel that shoulve been bound for the PS2.

It should have been on PS2 for sure, but the PSP doesn't seem to hold them back of making a proper RRV sequel in all terms. At least they don't port the worst RR by far with inferior graphics and gimmickly, laughable controls for 30$+ and can present it as a solid launch title in the brand's tradition.
Now I am upset that the consoles lose good titles on friggin handhelds nowadays! How does NDS "deserve" FFIII, the only lacking FF title in the PlayStation collection, or a new SMB?! They can make a nice looking Donkey Kong 2D-esque plattformer on Cube with a new concept, so why to hell do I have to miss a new SMB on my console as a Cube owner? Fuck off

Miburou

If it weren't for the PSP, we might not be even getting a new RR this gen. It's been over 4 years since RRV, the game sold well, and yet Namco hasn't made another RR game for consoles. New hardware usually encourages developers to revive franchies.

And what does Sony have to do with Namco's decision to make RR on PSP and not PS2? Oh, I forgot, we're dealing with gigadent logic here.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
seismologist said:
No I'm just upset that Sony's making us buy a $200 handheld for the true Ridge Racer sequel that shoulve been bound for the PS2.

I'd hope and expect that if it gets a good response, Namco might just bring it to PS2. Technically thats not then a port *to* PSP.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
When the hell is the PSP coming to the US? I'm serious, I want this thing pretty bad. My GBA only does so much for me in my lonely hotel rooms when I'm travelling.

Top Bottom