• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Mario going third party.

www.totalvideogames.com_70486_shigeru_miyamoto_060605.jpg

'ya got me kid'.

near

Gold Member
This is getting overly hyped up now and I've decided to board the train. If this doesn't deliver...

Snipes424

The only thing I can think of is HL3 or the new Bungie game at this point.

Hopefully it's something from totally left field though.

The_Monk

Tony hawk? Please no.

Anything not PS Move exclusive (compatible with Move it's okay) with great story and length please.

Oh and please, something to appeal a more mature audience too!

the only solid bit of info we have about this game is SCEA is publishing so it cant be Blizzard our Valve. Only Blizzard title will be activision published and Valve self publish there games and I dont think Sony could make them a offer to change that.

Epic or Bungie are the only mega independent studios that would fit but Epic have a separate new IP at the show.... unless its from one of there current IPs like UT or Gears. (NOT GONNA HAPPEN)

Bungie would be cool I guess.

Probably still just SSM which would still be neat. that studio doing something that isnt God of War should very interesting.

I was following along the hype train pretty nicely but the latest GT teaser just threw me off, there is no new IP, and very few established franchises that I can think of being worth so much hype.

I guess it could be somewhat unbelievable that there could be a resurgence of new IP's with large resources this late into the generation.

Trevelyan

Banned
I was following along the hype train pretty nicely but the latest GT teaser just threw me off, there is no new IP, and very few established franchises that I can think of being worth so much hype.

I guess it could be somewhat unbelievable that there could be a resurgence of new IP's with large resources this late into the generation.

Sony introduced God of War into the PS2's 5th year. I can definitely see them introducing a new IP now.

Kojima actually talked about this idea, but I think it was a joke about making people buy new characters when their's turned into a zombie.

I don't believe kojima is involved with this game. I think there was an interview where the guys at SSM talked about the projects they were working on in house, if I remember they mentioned they had several projects at a concept stage

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/10/sony-santa-monica-working-on-two-new-projects/

If we follow the timeline it could be that the 1st one mentioned is ready for public exposure.

Boss Man

I don't believe kojima is involved with this game. I think there was an interview where the guys at SSM taled about the projects they were working on in house, if I remember they mentioned they had several projects at a concept stage

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/10/sony-santa-monica-working-on-two-new-projects/

If we follow the timeline it could be that the 1st one mentioned is ready for public exposure.
Yeah I'm thinking SSM is a much better guess. Kojima has insisted he's going multi-plat with his stuff from now on hasn't he?

Yeah I'm thinking SSM is a much better guess. Kojima has insisted he's going multi-plat with his stuff from now on hasn't he?

Yes, he said: " "We are paving the road to to multiplatform for future titles. Hopefully we can push out great games with shorter development times."

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/kojima-unveils-multiplatform-fox-engine

Looking into the latest teaser it seems to be a 1st party game, Geoff mentioned from Sony, and he said from an "absolutely amazing developer" and SSM fits into this scenario.

Smellycat

Based on the videos and the info out there, it seems that this is the Until Dawn game.

It is probably a type of a zombie game, where a parasite infects the human body and you have until the dawn of the next day before it takes full control of your body and then you turn into a zombie and eventually die.

teiresias

I'm going to laugh heartily when no one is impressed or shocked by this announcement (unless they're shocked by how lame it is). I swear, the videogame press gets worse and worse every year.

the only solid bit of info we have about this game is SCEA is publishing so it cant be Blizzard our Valve. Only Blizzard title will be activision published and Valve self publish there games and I dont think Sony could make them a offer to change that.

Valves latest retail games have all been published by EA. I think that relationship has soured a bit.

Luthos

Damnit, I've bought into the hype. It sucked me in. I'm probably gonna be disappointed, but I actually enjoy these pre-announcement super hype machines.

But at this point, I'm basically gonna need some Half-Life 3 or something from Valve to not be disappointed, lol.

darkwing

Damnit, I've bought into the hype. It sucked me in. I'm probably gonna be disappointed, but I actually enjoy these pre-announcement super hype machines.

But at this point, I'm basically gonna need some Half-Life 3 or something from Valve to not be disappointed, lol.

prepare to be disappointed

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Yeah. That freaking video. I shouldn't have watched it.

There's no way this unveiling can live up to the amount of hype behind it. I like to think I'm a realist when it comes to these overhyped unveilings. However, even I'm thinking this is a Bungie/Epic working with Sony type betrayalton now. Damn you Keighly!

EDIT: Now that I've taken a second to calm down (and read the post above mine) I'm thinking it is realistically a new big budget surival-horror IP from SSM that is going to feature the voices of at least some of the cast of "The Walking Dead" television show (Hence "behind the scenes" mention from Geoff).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom