• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoh

So the question is "Who are The Last of Us?"

<meta name="description" content="Who are The Last of Us? http://lastofus.com #thelastofus" />

Makes me think of a Sony version of Left 4 Dead/The Walking Dead

Globox_82

Banned
lol Santa Monica is the only right answer

Why would anyone being shocked that SSM is working on a NEW IP? Makes no sense tbh.
I wish it is from SSM but from the sound of it. it is either from Valve, Bungie or Rockstar. I doubt Geoff would call Epic "amazing, amazing developer".

What the fuck at the new video. Making it out to be the second coming. Trying not to get hyped b/c I know it will be shitty. There is no way a Move Zombie game is getting this much hype.

watching bonus round right now. and they also show that master chief image in that VGA logo of theirs. so it could be unrelated. probably just a Halo 4 trailer when the VGAs hits.

Goddamnit.

Firstly, It is definetely a Sony internal project(or joint effort with a 3rd party at the longest shot). Valve and Bungie would never do something graphically impressive where it would be good to say "it's all in-engine", unless they've been working on it the past 5 years.
My best bet would be SSM since GoW3 has been concluded for almost 2 years, or Sony Cambridge which has been quiet for a long while. Or maybe both, since (sans Geoff hyperbole) it is supposed to be a massive project.

Secondly, if the cordyceps fungi infection theme is the main source of terror, it isn't a zombie game. The goal of the fungus is finding hosts to perpetuate his reproduction and spread. Hardly such fungi that act at basic behavior levels would tell you to eat flesh and kill the other. Thinking of humans, they would most likely make them continue near conglomerates of people, which would be easy given the biohazard isolation zones shown in the video. I believe those infected will present erratic behavior sort of hallucinations, and skin signs of the fungi infection. Yet still act as humans, sick ones though.

But mainly, given the name of the game, the images of trees, and the narration of the teaser, I believe this game happens post-cataclysm. Someone cited "The Road" at the very beginning of this topic, and I concur. Where the survivors live in terror of the looming infection and the vile nature of humans in need to survive.

If we are to take the "Until Dawn" old video demo as a tip, the game would be something akin Silent Hill (1), where the tension is built not by combat but by exploration.
And with a script similar to The Road (and a bit of "The Happening" where nature reclaims its space), trying to find a cell of survivors that don't mean harm, but prosper again. The first-person view could give the impact needed to the encounters and exploration, since you'd have your view limited.

And by the tweet, you'd play as survivor Tony Hawk.

And a far-shot would be playing out as a cooperative story-driven multiplayer too

For sure! I'm not making fun! I meant my comment more in jest than anything. Sorry for the confusion!

Hell, my idea is also "when the world stops turning" too! That is what makes crazy ideas fun.

Not a problem. Sometimes sarcasm is tough to tell over interwebs.

The only reason I said half-life 3 is I know Valve is not happy with MSFT and they are a big time developer.

Could also be Diablo 3 but that is even crazier.

Just watched the Keighley promo trailer. Smh at the hyperbole.

"MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT" "YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT" "MADE BY AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING DEVELOPER" "I'M IN A STATE OF SHOCK THAT NONE OF THIS HAS LEAKED"

The amazing developer part makes me suspect that Valve is somehow involved.

darkwing

Just watched the Keighley promo trailer. Smh at the hyperbole.

"MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT" "YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT" "MADE BY AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING DEVELOPER" "I'M IN A STATE OF SHOCK THAT NONE OF THIS HAS LEAKED"

The amazing developer part makes me suspect that Valve is somehow involved.

keep hyping yourself

I'm on board the hype train myself

keep hyping yourself

I'm on board the hype train myself

Half of me wants to be as hyped as a 5 year old on Christmas eve and the other half is just waiting to see how badly we are getting trolled.

Back to hype talk: I wonder if this "absolutely amazing developer" could possibly be Rockstar? I remember reading that they still owe Sony an exclusive and since Agent is now vaporware/multiplat, maybe they made that zombie game they've always wanted to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom