• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I've seen the newest Keighley video at gametrailers I'm going to have to agree that it is either The Agent or a new Bungie IP. Strange for Bungie/Activision to make an exclusive game though. But Sony would love to be able to say that a Bungie game is exclusive to their system so I could see them paying up for it.

The only part of the video that makes me think that Keighley isnt just BS'ing is that he says it's from a big developer.

JorSneezy

Banned
What if the Epic tease and Keighley's tease is the same product, but won't combine the teases into a full announcement until the show? Sony publishing Epic's next new IP.

androvsky

If the last teaser is to be taken at face value, then it's clearly Halo 4 exclusive to PS3. The twist, of course, is that it requires Kinect.

Damn zombie games every time, I swear...

Strike

82c6b_341225_1_hs.png

Has anybody said this yet? With Keighley saying wait until you see what's been going on behind the scenes?

It's probably a next gen (and possibly multiplatform) title by now. As large R* North is, I doubt they're able to work on this and GTA V at the same time. Also R* time™. They don't need the VGA's to make that kind of announcement.

In this video he publicly declares that his game is multiplatform: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjFWLEBFlOc&t=2m50s

Keep in mind you are referring to Kojima. The same guy who insisted that he would not direct numerous Metal Gear Solid games and insisted he was passing his game on too his younger staff... I love Kojima, but he is hard to believe sometimes.

Hmm... crazy idea that is most certainly not true but always fun to imagine time!

Kojima comes out on stage and announces that "the truth" is that Platinum Games is as believed developing Metal Gear Solid Rising under the direction of Kamiya. However, it isn't because development has stalled and isn't going too well, but instead because the main Kojima Productions team has moved on to work on a huge project in close collaboration with Sony (joint project with Konami) and they are in fact making a game called "The Last of Us." WHERE IS MY GIL!? I mean, come on... that teaser had Kojima's style of commentary all over it!

Seriously though, despite Keighley's attempt to elicit even more hype for this, I just can't bring myself to think it is something mind-blowing huge like Half-Life 3 or anything like that. I fully expect Sony Smash Bros' or something along those lines.

If the last teaser is to be taken at face value, then it's clearly Halo 4 exclusive to PS3. The twist, of course, is that it requires Kinect.

Damn zombie games every time, I swear...

Good one , I actually lol'ed in real life.

Concerning the game,I'm calling it to be SSM's new IP, I don't think it'll be anything 3rd Party.

what about Crytek?

Seems like funding a game from a engine maker would be the smartest move SCE could make 3rd party wise.

get the engine makers to put that little bit of extra time on there platforms and what not. Microsoft does it with epic and have that Kinect crytek game coming and its super smart.

Crytek dont have any real publisher partnerships going ether.

Heck a crytek ps3 / vita franchise would be great. getting that engine on a portable would be something.

It's not third party guys. Keighly specifically says that it is from Sony. That doesn't mean it's not a Sony published title from a large indie dev like Epic or Valve. But it definitely knocks out the likelihood that this is an MGS5, FFXV, Agent, HL3, RE6, etc. It also sounds like this is definitely a new IP, which is more exciting news to me than the usual sequels.

I gotta agree that the most logical thing would be something new from SSM.

That certainly seems like the logical choice... hell, they are one of the only developers out there at this point in time in the consoles lifecycle that could make someone mention "in-game engine" or something.

NateDrake

That certainly seems like the logical choice... hell, they are one of the only developers out there at this point in time in the consoles lifecycle that could make someone mention "in-game engine" or something.

Syphon Filter 4 from SSM. It fits the fungi trailer and all that.

Lingitiz

what about Crytek?

Seems like funding a game from a engine maker would be the smartest move SCE could make 3rd party wise.

get the engine makers to put that little bit of extra time on there platforms and what not. Microsoft does it with epic and have that Kinect crytek game coming and its super smart.

Crytek dont have any real publisher partnerships going ether.

Heck a crytek ps3 / vita franchise would be great. getting that engine on a portable would be something.

I don't know if Crytek even has the resources at this point another big game so soon though. It seems like the development for Ryse has been complicated, being transferred from Crytek Budapest to Frankfurt, so I assume that would be the logical focus for them at this point. Hard to say what the other divisions are Crytek are working on though, but then again it wouldn't really fit the bill of "mindblowing" announcement anymore.

I don't think that poster is excluding PC

True... apparently my eyes are failing me. Apologies, H.Cornerstone!

However, I am sort of serious. If it comes to consoles, I just can't see Microsoft letting one of the most prolific first person shooters / franchises in industry history pass them. I think for something like Half-Life 3, they would move aside and let Valve work on some sort of Steamworks for Xbox Live. So really, when the world stops turning!

Jomjom

Banned
If the PS3 exclusive is a skating game Keighley's twitter account and just about anything of his is so going to get hacked by all kinds of angry nerds.

androvsky

If the big PS3 reveal is a skate game I'm gonna be disappointed...

It's definitely a zombie game. Similar to how all restaurants are Taco Bell after the war, all video games will be zombie games soon. The Tony Hawk tease only means that it'll be zombies on skateboards... fighting a war in the Middle East.

~Kinggi~

Banned
We should ban Keighly's name from Gaf when this turns out to be underwhelming. I mean really, making promo vids saying its the greatest thing ever is suicide.

It's definitely a zombie game. Similar to how all restaurants are Taco Bell after the war, all video games will be zombie games soon. The Tony Hawk tease only means that it'll be zombies on skateboards... fighting a war in the Middle East.

You're the last survivor and for transport you use dead zombies as skateboards as you flee the infested city while shooting like a true dudebro, until you reach the reservation of indigenous americans that are inmune to the plage. /end peter molydeux impersonation

scoobs

I'm legitimately intrigued... just watched the Geoff hype video and this thing has gotta be crazy if hes saying stuff like that. WHY U NO TELL ME WHAT IT IS

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think the only thing that would cause that much over-hype would be Bungie working on a game for the PS3.

This is my guess. Making a hype video about an announcement... Bungie is one of the few studios that would warrant that, and it's been a year since Reach came out.

Dammit Geoff.

I told myself I wasn't going to fall for it, but that new GameTrailers vid of him hyping it up is getting me excited. Will I end up being disappointed? Maybe.

Welp, you gotta give him credit. Man's really good at his job.

Globox_82

Banned
By the sound of it, must be from a 3rd party developers that no one expect it from. "Behinds the scenes"? Why would anyone being shocked that SSM is working on a NEW IP? Makes no sense tbh.
I wish it is from SSM but from the sound of it. it is either from Valve, Bungie or Rockstar. I doubt Geoff would call Epic "amazing, amazing developer".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom