• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trailer for Dragon Ball Daime’s Dubbed version (STEPHANIE IS BACK!!)

Codes 208

Stephanie Nadolny is returning to reprise Kid Goku in the funimation dub.
Not a big deal for my fellow sub watchers but figured this was a fun reveal since she hasnt played kid goku or gohan since the original air of db and dbz. (In Kai and Super her role was replaced by Colleen Clinkenbeard)

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I typically agree 99% but the DBZ dub > subs. Goku etc the old lady voices just ruin some scenes for me.
I actually... grew up with those voices. I guess it was programed into me at a very early age. The first time I heard a dub for DBZ was when it first aired on Toonami.
That and I find the majority of dub voices both jarring and annoying.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I could shed a tear.

Also, first 3 Dub episodes will be played in theatres in November.

Rip Toriyama

Last edited:

Codes 208

I could shed a tear.

Also, first 3 Dub episodes will be played in theatres in November.

Rip Toriyama
Its always such a sight to see dbz still maintain its popularity here in the west. It (along with pokemon) defined my childhood regarding anime

Ever since battle of gods, all new dbz films/specials have been airing in theaters

MonkD

This is probably the only thing Dragon Ball could do that would not interest me in the slightest. Now we are going to be stuck with a bunch of chibi versions of the Z-warriors in our games(for the rest of time). But we'll see when the manga gets there.

NahaNago

I really think Dragon Ball Daima would have worked better as a cheaper younger kids cartoon with a mix of dr. slump that had like tons of episodes versus the big budget series we have going on.

CGNoire

Anime is a very Strong Visual Medium.
Im not staring at the bottom of the screen reading text during it.

Dubs >>> Subs

Last edited:

BlackTron

One day I still need to get around to rounding up the original aired versions I watched way back. It's not just voices I really want the musical selections.

I saw that. Once I heard in the trailer that they got the original kid Goku voice actress back for the English dub, I literally jumped. I love the og Dragon Ball, so I'm hella excited.

Top Bottom