• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York on verge of tuition-free college for middle class

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyser73

given that i took out a government loan that i've been slowly paying back, and that anyone else in the middle class could easily do what i did without obstacles (if their government provided such a loan program), free tuition is something i always have a hard time getting behind.

'I don't get ill, so why should I pay someone else's medical bills?' Is your next statement I'm guessing?

FyreWulff

also love ignoring the fact that loans being zero risk to the lender also jacks up the price of college to astronomical levels.You just have to take out a giant loan and hope things don't go south

Yes, it makes sense. However, what NY state also needs to do is have separate property taxes for up state. They are insane with people having to pay 5 grand or so a year for an acre of land or less. Gotta give the working people an incitive to want to put down roots in the area.

Shit I see 12k for half an acre downstate. Fucking ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom