• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yoshi GBA game pics!

Eric-GCA

Banned
http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1096502015

Its called Yoshi's Universial Gravitation apparently:
30.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

Yeah, that pre-rendered look just does not work on the GBA.

... waiting for the "Yoshi's Story wasn't prerendered asshole!" comments. Yeah it wasn't, but this certainly does sorta look like it.

CrisKre

Looks like a cross between Island and story artwise. I wish Yoshi was looking hand drawn like those backgrounds tough. Does anyone know how it plays? Methinks I read it used motion sensor tech?

olimario

Banned
It looks like Story and nothing like Island.
Why anyone would want this to look like Story is beyond me. That game is the definition of 'bad art'.

What's up with Dojo's site design? In Firefox, there are two identical skyscraper ads on the left, and then the rest of the page is below them. I have to scroll down a full screen just to read the article.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
olimario said:
Why anyone would want this to look like Story is beyond me. That game is the definition of 'bad art'.

That's pretty harsh. I don't think much of Yoshi's Story as a game, but it's quite nice looking. Just not as nice as Yoshi's Island.

I haven't even seen any egg aiming in these screens :( I don't think it's going to play like the others at all (I know it's using the tilt thing and probably wouldn't work for egg aiming, but I loved doing that).

CrisKre

By looking at those screens I think you'll play by rotating the actual background (look at the first one, the wall to the right has a coin, so you'll probably walk on it). It could be cool and surelly must look impressibe on the GBA.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
olimario said:
I disagree. In fact, in some levels -- such as the swamp areas with water and trees -- I thought the game was one of the best-looking of the 32/64 bit generation.

Top Bottom