• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Battlefield "one of most ambitious projects in our history"

Wooxsvan

from recent EA earnings call

As Season 7 of Battlefield 2042 wraps up, one thing is clear; each season of the game has shown our team's unique ability to listen, learn, and draw inspiration from the community to deepen connection with the franchise. Players continue to be passionate about the Battlefield franchise, which has surpassed over 25 million players over the last 12 months. The community is energized by what our teams are doing and excited for what comes next.

The community is energized by what our teams are doing and excited for what comes next. This is not just one of our top priorities, it is also one of the most ambitious projects in our history. We have brought together the very best team coupled with the resources and technology they need to deliver an epic Battlefield experience. I am excited about what is to come next as we continue to make progress across our strategic priorities.

Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

Last edited:
Isn't the guy who ran Infinity Ward during Modern Warfare 2 and left to create Titanfall now in charge of the series? I know "one of most ambitious projects in our history" is standard PR speak to investors, but if ever there was an opportunity for the Battlefield series to get back on track, this is it.

Wooxsvan

Isn't the guy who ran Infinity Ward during Modern Warfare 2 and left to create Titanfall now in charge of the series? I know "one of most ambitious projects in our history" is standard PR speak to investors, but if ever there was an opportunity for the Battlefield series to get back on track, this is it.
if your talking about this guy, yes

crappy image, but that HUD is messy
3izvina.png

makes me feel like im the martix when all the crap is popping up all over the place
6651c2347ab40c41b116f9210513961f.gif

also feel like bf games just tend to add more flash instead of actually refining the gameplay/gun feel/core mechanics.
taken many steps backward really.

Last edited:

Singular7

IF they can channel BF2 / BF3 / BF4 into a gigantic open world war like Planetside, and nix the childish Fortnight-esque 2042 nonsense I'll be very very interested.

They have one job... appeal to normal (mostly male) humans who aren't confused about X-Y-or-Z and they'll make a billion. They probably can't resist the nonsense church-of-modernity-cult though.

Last edited:
Why even get your hopes up? I love old school battlefield 1942 - Vietnam - BF2 - BF2142- > BF1943 -> BC1/2 - > BF3 -> BF4. That was it. BF1 was ok, but it was missing something and it seemed like the beginning of the end to an era of excellent games.

After that I gave up on multiplayer, it wasn't worth it, plus they started focusing on battle royale and all that shyte. No clue how 2042 worked out as I never played it
and BF5 they injected the woke shit and told their fans to f off and not buy it.

Even if they go back to roots somewhat we aren't going to get what we want (or at least what I want).
1. A grounded Multiplayer game with server browser similar to old school BF, without loot boxes, mtx, battle royale, or live service nonsense.
2. A single player campaign with slapstick story ala bad company.

Neither will happen, we will get Battlefield battle royale gaas edition with hero characters and more woke shit.

Last edited:

Sybrix

LOL

How moronic do EA think the fans are?

You’d have to be clinically insane to buy into EAs latest marketing bullshit regarding the next iteration of Battlefield.

NEVER PREORDER, YOU REMEMBER 2042? YOU FUCKING IDIOT, DONT PREORDER.

Last edited:
It couldn’t be simpler… stay in you lane.

If you think fans of the Battlefield franchise wanna see a disabled one armed woman in fluorescent face paint running around WW2 Europe then you simply don’t know your audience. Secondly, stop pretending that a war sim like Battlefield has to be for everybody. It doesn’t. Stop pandering to demographics that have no intention of buying your game. How excited do you think fans of the franchise are to play as a non-binary operator called ‘Sundance’? Why even go there? The franchise was established by appealing to men, accept that a game in this genre isn’t on the radar of most women and move on. Lastly, enough of this DEI historic revisionism. War is hell. Honour those that sacrificed everything for what we have today. It’s insulting the way you fill the game with obscure erroneous stories just to tick some DEI checkbox.

Focus on making a great Battlefield game but that isn’t enough. If you don’t keep away from all that woke shit then history will repeat itself. The franchise to this day has never recovered from that BF5 announcement trailer. How DICE managed to flush one of the best franchises down the toilet by cramming it full of obnoxious woke shit should be studied.

RaptorGTA

Most weekends I've been playing BF4 and it really shocks me how good it is (yes it was bad when it came out). The hit detection/net coding is still meh but the gameplay is still solid.

I don't have any faith in the next BF game. They would need to go back to basic. Stop chasing trends. Ensure your maps are unique and have atmosphere. Lock in classes. No hero powers or abilities. Destructive environments and buildings.

Not gonna happen with the current version of DICE or EA.

StueyDuck

from recent EA earnings call

As Season 7 of Battlefield 2042 wraps up, one thing is clear; each season of the game has shown our team's unique ability to listen, learn, and draw inspiration from the community to deepen connection with the franchise. Players continue to be passionate about the Battlefield franchise, which has surpassed over 25 million players over the last 12 months. The community is energized by what our teams are doing and excited for what comes next.
The community is energized by what our teams are doing and excited for what comes next. This is not just one of our top priorities, it is also one of the most ambitious projects in our history. We have brought together the very best team coupled with the resources and technology they need to deliver an epic Battlefield experience. I am excited about what is to come next as we continue to make progress across our strategic priorities.

Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

it always is, isn't it

(i like BF2042 and had a great time with it, since launch even)

Last edited:
They keep releasing broken games that they fix years down the line. I don´t know why anybody would buy anything they make at launch.

Also, they keep getting woker with each game they release. Don´t know what non binary gender queer characters bring to a game about armies confronting each other

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Hopefully the stories of how the Vietnam war was actually won by a sassy, finger snapping black lesbian can be told through the powerful and profound medium of shooty bang bang. Thanks EA! Patrick Soderlund's daughter is finally going to have a reason to smile.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I forget which site did it. I dont remember if it was a gamer, or DF.

But for big laughs find the video of 2042 where the hit detection was borked where if there's tons of enemies in front of you, your bullets couldnt hit the ones farther away. The net code assumed you'd shoot the closer enemies so those connected, but itd be like shooting blanks at farther targets. lol

Last edited:
Isn't this just the typical pattern for these "big" developers? Make a game or buy the studio of a beloved series, milk it to death, release a terrible product or 2, get fan and media bitch slapped, then say the next game will be the best so they can try to rebuild it to milk it again? (Remember Ubicunt saying Ass Creed was being released too often so no more yearly releases? Not too long ago they announced like 4 different ones)
The day EA actually feels remorse or shows responsibility for their rotten greedy abusive ways, they can go to their stock holders and put the pink ball back in. The gambling, low effort, copy paste games are contridictive to anything EA says. Please go bankrupt like your compassion and dignity did years ago (won't happen anytime soon, but why not dream)

Do miss the good Battlefield and Bad Company days.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What ever happened to those "Above the Call" ads they did going toe to toe with COD?

I dont think theyve done that in 10 years. lol

I've been a fan since BF 1942. We don't need statements like this. We simply need to let the product itself do the talking. The franchise is already well known. Look back at your roots of what made BF great in the first place and iterate on that for the current generation.

Top Bottom