• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Bowser

Titus Jr. continues to be an idiot.

@TitusDYoungSr said:
Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football i don't want to play anymore.

@TitusDYoungSr said:
Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going.

APjuY.gif

Colasante

Patriots sign DL Armond Armstead, formerly of USC & CFL, per sources. @AdamSchefter previously noted he's equivalent of solid draft pick.

Love it. Guy had 6 sacks in the CFL last year. Maybe he can be a little Cam Wakeish for them. Getting Armstead from the CFL and Jeff Demps from the Olympics. 2013 should be a much more fun year for the Pats.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop
Can't say who just yet (deal isn't finalized) but word at Senior Bowl is another FBS head job will open tonight. Coach going to the league

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop
Non BCS head coach. Should be able to report it in a few hours.

please be Brian Kelly

I'm terribly vexed. You like hockey and Muse obviously. So you're cool. But you make fun of the Patriots which is a no no on this board! Conflicted. Oh wait you're a Leafs fan? Well that's punishment enough!

You know what else is punishment?

Being a Jets fan too :(

Losing all around for me.

JaMarco

Love it. Guy had 6 sacks in the CFL last year. Maybe he can be a little Cam Wakeish for them. Getting Armstead from the CFL and Jeff Demps from the Olympics. 2013 should be a much more fun year for the Pats.
Great, they need all the help they can get on defense.

squicken

Jerry Rice is backing up Tim Brown. Say he thinks Callahan threw the game

“For some reason — and I don’t know why — Bill Callahan did not like me,” Rice said. “In a way, maybe because he didn’t like the Raiders, he decided, ‘Maybe we should sabotage this a little bit and let Jon Gruden go out and win this one.’”

For Rice, a universally respected player who was named by NFL Network as the greatest in NFL history, to say that he believes one of his former coaches actively wanted to lose a Super Bowl is shocking. ESPN’s Trey Wingo stopped Rice and asked him if he realized the magnitude of the accusation that Callahan once threw the Super Bowl. Rice said he understands the weight of his words.

“Yeah, I know exactly what I’m saying,” Rice said.

Until Brown made his bombshell accusation on Saturday, the biggest controversy to come out of Super Bowl XXXVII was the fact that Raiders center Barrett Robbins abandoned the team the day before the game. Rice blames Callahan for that, too: According to Rice, Robbins was so demoralized by Callahan announcing in a team meeting that he was going to call mostly pass plays that Robbins decided to bail on the Super Bowl.

“With Barrett, he was frustrated, like, ‘You cannot do this to us at the last second.’ Maybe that’s why he decided to not show up,” Rice said.

effzee

How has the Patriots window clearly closed? I expect them to right back in the playoffs next season and in the thick of things.

Yeah Brady is older but if they find more talent to surround him with, like actual WRs, then pretty sure they will be fine. And that defense needs more fixing more than the offense anyway.

Not rooting for them or anything but also don't see how they are done.

Not expecting much of the guy. They signed a CFL guy 1 or 2 years ago, who was able to make some noise in Canada, but didn't do jack shit when he arrived. Wake was a once in a million find, usually there is a reason these guys play in te CFL.

How has the Patriots window clearly closed? I expect them to right back in the playoffs next season and in the thick of things.

Yeah Brady is older but if they find more talent to surround him with, like actual WRs, then pretty sure they will be fine. And that defense needs more fixing more than the offense anyway.

What do you qualify as their window? Making the playoffs, or winning the Super Bowl?

Patriots aren't winning another Super Bowl with Brady at the helm. Their playoff ticket is stamped every year because the AFC East is garbage, but it appears Miami has had enough and is actually doing something about it, so we'll see.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, Bud Light is considered a delicacy in parts of Latin America. It's weird, especially considering how good some of their beer is compared to it.

Brady has 2-3 more years left and there are a lot of young players on the team.You have to think that theyll get some good players on defense and a good receiver and theyll be right back in the hunt.

I don't get up to the City very often anymore. But if I am not hanging out with law school buddies I might take you up on the offer!

Just so GAF knows. If I ever meet any of your assholes in real life, drinks and food are on me.

tumblr_llqcxheIl31qzez5w.gif

I WANNA FLY OUT NOW!

You pay for the plane ticket and accommodation as well, for a future Law student?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
wtf at this Callahan business

but it says non BCS?

I'm sure there's a "Technical" explanation that would allow this. Something like: a BCS School in a BCS Conference, which ND isn't in.

Still, Bobby Petrino isn't in a BCS School. Petrino to the Falcons!

Tom Penny

What do you qualify as their window? Making the playoffs, or winning the Super Bowl?

Patriots aren't winning another Super Bowl with Brady at the helm. Their playoff ticket is stamped every year because the AFC East is garbage, but it appears Miami has had enough and is actually doing something about it, so we'll see.

If they aren't contenders then what AFC teams are legit contenders the next 3 years?

squicken

Surely you mean +28.5? No way Nebraska was favored by 28.5 points and ended up getting blown out that bad

Yeah OU was -28.5. The FG at the end is so nuts. I remember Stoops being salty that he ruined the shutout, but Stoops had also tried to run up the score a bit for BCS style points.

Top Bottom