• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr
Matt Schaub on being in the same class as this wknd's QBs: "No doubt that I belong. I belong right up there with every one of em."

LMAO

If I laughed any harder I'd burst a blood vessel in my head.

squicken

Last year's defense and Oline might have been able to overcome Schaub...because they wouldn't have needed him as much. Now...I dunno. IT would take some real honesty with what he has on the team from McNair to make any serious changes and I don't see that happening.

basically just have to hope the texans find a way to improve other areas to minimize schaub at this point.

You are basically in an Alex Smith situation. This is how far the team goes with the current QB. You either change that QB and rise or fall, or keep Schoob and stay level or go down. This is the ceiling with him and the team. There's no more going up

jakncoke

Banned
You can't choose who you root for (unless you're a squicken). I'm an annoying pissant, but fuck at least I'm loyal. Thank God I have Belichick as a coach though, if Kubiak was my coach I don't know what I'd do.

Edit: I know it's easy to be loyal when they're there every year, but I still remember 1993.

so you're apart of old nfl age?

TheFatOne

Ninkovich played like he played this season, doesn't bring a whole lot of pressure and isn't dominating anybody all game long, but he makes all the big plays exactly when he needs to. That INT was huge, and he recovered the onside kick. Dude has really been great all year.

Wilfork was his usual self, blowing up the pocket left and right, good, solid game.

Talib was also pretty good, he was so close to Johnson, but Johnson still made a lot of tough catches, having him being close is something though, and he had a nice pass defended.

Dennard seemed back as well, no injury there anymore. Good job covering, did give up that TD to the dude that was on his back in the endzone, but not too much he could do about that when the WR started "hot-potato'ing" the ball

And last but not least, at first glance it seemed that Hightower had one of his better games of the season. Might be my blind love goggles though.
This all sounds great. I'm so damn excited. I really wasn't sure if the Pats could make it to the AFC championship game. I like their chances against the Ravens, but that game will be tight all the way to the end.

MechDX

You are basically in an Alex Smith situation. This is how far the team goes with the current QB. You either change that QB and rise or fall, or keep Schoob and stay level or go down. This is the ceiling with him and the team. There's no more going up

I agree with squicken....Im a dirty dirty whore.

Dragon

Banned
I might be disliked for no fucking reason around these parts. But you don't think thats a little meh to welch on a bet because you like the guy?

I think it's very meh. In fact I think it's so meh, it's not meh at all because being meh is a fucking lame thing to say and be.

I realize you think you're being unfairly made fun of, you know why, get over it, you won (somehow, fucking miracle).

Drakeon

Hey Hey, Alex Smith got the Niners to a championship and were it not for Kyle Williams, would've got to the Superbowl as well. Let's not compare Schaub to Smith.

(Ok, it was really Harbaugh that got us there, but Smith didn't actively impede us either and played LIGHTS OUT in the divisional against the Saints, so he deserves some credit.)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He's not that far off. Seriously.

He is the worst of the average QBs.

ROFL

You dont know how good you have it. Seriously. Schaub is infinitely better than any QB in Jets history. Scaub was not the reason you lost today, your fraudulent ass defense is the reason.

cajunator

Banned
Atlanta must win so they can hoist that trophy in the Saints house. Goodell will get his revenge for those appeals.

I honestlt dont give a shit if it happens.
We beat the falcons to a lombardi and Im content with that.
If they win, good for them.
I saw my team reach the pinnacle in my lifetime and Im satisfied with that.
Its the most incredible feeling and even fans of the despicable falcons deserve to know that feeling.

Smokey

ROFL

You dont know how good you have it. Seriously. Schaub is infinitely better than any QB in Jets history. Scaub was not the reason you lost today, your fraudulent ass defense is the reason.

?

The Patriots do this to just about every defense save for maybe division opponents who see them all the time. You can only do so much against Brady. Them being out of position on the hurry up was irritating though.

ari

Banned
I think it's very meh. In fact I think it's so meh, it's not meh at all because being meh is a fucking lame thing to say and be.

I realize you think you're being unfairly made fun of, you know why, get over it, you won (somehow, fucking miracle).

actually, i don't know why i get so much shit around here to be perfectly honest. It can't be the cornballer shit either, that was like 3 weeks ago.

tmdorsey

Its the most incredible feeling and even fans of the despicable falcons deserve to know that feeling.

You aren't bad for a Saints fan cajun. Now I know 2 decent Saint fans.

MechDX

ROFL

You do realize we have 3 of our ILB'ers on IR right? the offense was 2-14 for redzone TD's the past 5 games before today.

Im not giving the defense a complete pass but they have to be pretty much perfect to win a game when your offense just cant score or throw a pass more than 10 yards

Godslay

Banned
Only way to kill your jinx is to bring back Tebow and let Manning "groom" him. Like a horse that can't throw a football.

Curse only lasts a season. We've paid our debt to Tebus. Now the revenge of Tebow is clearly coming down on the Jets.

CNN's Roland Martin called in and actually dropped some knowledge...one of his points was about Schaub. You either have to have legs and a decent arm, or if you can't move you have to have a beast of an arm.

Schaub has NEITHER. He can't throw deep and he can't pick up yards with his feet.

We are literally screwed.

He also said if he was McNair he would tell the coaches if you don't get me to the AFC ship next year..you're gone. I agree but lolz at McNair doing that

Neither can Brady or Manning. Perfect the dink and dunk, and lean on Foster and Forsett more.

You are a role model for the Panthers fans on this board.

harSon

Banned
California sports fans staying classy

I don't know how many times I have to tell ya'll that California sports fans are some of the scummiest people on Earth.

And I'm reduced to praying that the Falcons win it all. I absolutely cannot stand the Ravens, 49ers or Patriots. This was simply a shitty weekend of football. Fortunately I didn't watch much this weekend since I was out of town.

Now to cry myself to sleep on this flight!

Tom Penny

You do realize we have 3 of our ILB'ers on IR right? the offense was 2-14 for redzone TD's the past 5 games before today.

Im not giving the defense a complete pass but they have to be pretty much perfect to win a game when your offense just cant score or throw a pass more than 10 yeard

Yeah. 28 points on offense sucks. Houston fans are an interesting bunch.

squicken

Hey Hey, Alex Smith got the Niners to a championship and were it not for Kyle Williams, would've got to the Superbowl as well. Let's not compare Schaub to Smith.

(Ok, it was really Harbaugh that got us there, but Smith didn't actively impede us either and played LIGHTS OUT in the divisional against the Saints, so he deserves some credit.)

Well I too thought Alex played well, but his problems from the Giants game kept manifesting in the season. Harbs was going to have to keep managing him. He had maxed him out, and it wasn't going to be enough to win a title. It sucks for Alex but Harbs was proven right. It's too bad for HOU they have nothing viable to turn to. Yates is not the answer

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ROFL

wut lol

Also I'd take Alex Smith any day over Schoob.

MechDX

Curse only lasts a season. We've paid our debt to Tebus. Now the revenge of Tebow is clearly coming down on the Jets.

Neither can Brady or Manning. Perfect the dink and dunk, and lean on Foster and Forsett more.

Brady and Manning stand in the pcoket and hit the dink and dunk, Schaub feels someone breathing on him and collapses.

Who are you?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Well I too thought Alex played well, but his problems from the Giants game kept manifesting in the season. Harbs was going to have to keep managing him. He had maxed him out, and it wasn't going to be enough to win a title. It sucks for Alex but Harbs was proven right. It's too bad for HOU they have nothing viable to turn to. Yates is not the answer

How the hell was Harbs proven right?

The 49ers are literally in the same exact spot they were at last season.

MechDX

Fuck the Patriots

image.php

You REALLY have to get rid of that avatar

Mrbob

After this weekend I'm so happy the bears are going after an offensive minded head coach. Gotta score to win in this era of the NFL.

This all sounds great. I'm so damn excited. I really wasn't sure if the Pats could make it to the AFC championship game. I like their chances against the Ravens, but that game will be tight all the way to the end.

Bad thing would be that they still have a hard time getting off the field on third down as the game progresses.

And they didn't get any real pressure on Schaub throughout the game. They had 1 sack, and that was on a broken play where Schaub fumbled by kicking the ball out of his own hands.

McCourty also deserves a shutout for solid safety play once again, Gregory next to him was solid as well, made 2 or 3 nice plays, but also had one stupid helmet-to-helmet penalty called on him. And since I'm talking safeties, Wilson looked solid as well covering the TEs, but he only played limited snaps. I think it might be safe to say that this is Chung his last season in NE, or he has to sign a cheap contract.

The offense seemed to roll, Vereen was amazing today with Woody out, especially his second TD catch was a thing of beauty. Ridley ran hard as well like he has been doing all season.

O line was amazing as well, Solder did a great job both protecting and run blocking, Mankins seems to be fully healthy again and is playing like it. Wendell was okay in protection, but not great, he compensated for that in the run game though like he has been all season.
Vollmer seems to be healthy as well and played a solid game from what I've seen, Connoly still the weak link, but if that is also because the guys around him play great.

Welker was a bit on and off. Had amazing catches some which were in serious traffic, and was good after the catch as usuall, but with some drops. He did get targeted a lot and the Texans had some nice coverage so it was okay.

Matrix

After this weekend I'm so happy the bears are going after an offensive minded head coach. Gotta score to win in this era of the NFL.

Dennison is yours! lol

Godslay

Banned
Brady and Manning stand in the pcoket and hit the dink and dunk, Schaub feels someone breathing on him and collapses.

Yeah, he'll have to be more comfortable and move around the pocket but I think he could do it, and I'm not trying to be a smart ass.

Smokey

Foster received a historic amount of touches this year. He is going to break down. Your QB has to help you out.

?

The Patriots do this to just about every defense save for maybe division opponents who see them all the time. You can only do so much against Brady. Them being out of position on the hurry up was irritating though.

You have to press the receivers. Texans sat in soft zones all day. Brady eats that hit.

eznark

Banned
NFL can suck a fat cock for making me watch the golden globes. This is a nightmare. I don't know who any of these people or shows are.

Top Bottom