• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
263359_578591312155578_1942507690_n.png

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
First of all, Houston needs to get some competent db's. They should run multiple defensive fronts to try and get Watt mismatched as often as possible. They should be a power running team with a stout defense. The best way to hide your qb is to not make him play from behind massive deficits. I know that the read option will be the new hotness in the NFL, but I think Harbro's power running/simplified reads for qb offense should be. It has the potential to keep a lot of teams in contention when they don't have a franchise quarterback.

Going off tangent a bit, but I re-watched some of SF's games this week. Alex was basically a one read qb for them. He made that read quickly and authoritatively. If nothing was there, he'd run or eat the ball. Period. No mistakes. Let the defense keep you in the game and come back out and try it again.

This was the game we expected against the Jets.The difference is that the Pats could run the ball and that kept the Texans guessing.Couldnt get any running going on against the Jets.

RBH

SF vs SEA || BAL vs NE
---------------------------
Super Bowl
NE vs SEA

See Falcons?

Most of people still are doubting Falcons (Not many people respect Falcons yet) because you won against Seahawks but won't be able to win against 49ers so it was meaningless win today. Seahawks had more chance to beat 49ers than Falcons ever could.

Yeah.

One of the "lowest" rating of Superbowl to watch for.

I would say Ravens vs 49ers for Harbowl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJBDVdU8LeA

exarkun

Hey guys, my name is exarkun. I know I haven't posted this much this season but I didn't really think the Ravens would make it this far. I have been following the season closely, and now that the team is playing for something (Ed Reed retiring) I think we can go all the way. I was lurking alot.

Lets go Ravens! Who do I have to talk to get admitted to ravens-age?

Tom Penny

You have to press the receivers. Texans sat in soft zones all day. Brady eats that hit.

Yep.Play keep away on offense and play man press on the outside and flood the middle. That's actually the D that Rex used in Bal and brought to Jets. It has given them trouble when there is no Gronk to mismatch with.

Dragon

Banned
Hey guys, my name is exarkun. I know I haven't posted this much this season but I didn't really think the Ravens would make it this far. I have been following the season closely, and now that the team is playing for something (Ed Reed retiring) I think we can go all the way. I was lurking alot.

It's good you admit who's the better defensive player...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Last game Wade played man coverage the whole game and got torched....we just cant win?

Antonio may be a cap casulty this year.

Fuck let Barwin go. I don't even know what is going on with our cap, but Ninja is hella of a lot better than him. What a fluke season he had a year ago. He stinks, so watch the Texans hold on to him cause they can afford him now.

Dude needs to fix his hair and burn his letterman jacket, same with Cody.

not supposed to

I'm on that 9ers bandwagon cause ain't nobody wanna see the falcons, pats, or ravens win it all

don't worry about him brother. 49ers-age accepts you. and that goes for all of the rest of you as well! bring us your tired, your weak, your hungry.... and however else that quote goes

TheFatOne

Bad thing would be that they still have a hard time getting off the field on third down as the game progresses.

And they didn't get any real pressure on Schaub throughout the game. They had 1 sack, and that was on a broken play where Schaub fumbled by kicking the ball out of his own hands.

McCourty also deserves a shutout for solid safety play once again, Gregory next to him was solid as well, made 2 or 3 nice plays, but also had one stupid helmet-to-helmet penalty called on him. And since I'm talking safeties, Wilson looked solid as well covering the TEs, but he only played limited snaps. I think it might be safe to say that this is Chung his last season in NE, or he has to sign a cheap contract.

The offense seemed to roll, Vereen was amazing today with Woody out, especially his second TD catch was a thing of beauty. Ridley ran hard as well like he has been doing all season.

O line was amazing as well, Solder did a great job both protecting and run blocking, Mankins seems to be fully healthy again and is playing like it. Wendell was okay in protection, but not great, he compensated for that in the run game though like he has been all season.
Vollmer seems to be healthy as well and played a solid game from what I've seen, Connoly still the weak link, but if that is also because the guys around him play great.

Welker was a bit on and off. Had amazing catches some which were in serious traffic, and was good after the catch as usuall, but with some drops. He did get targeted a lot and the Texans had some nice coverage so it was okay.

I think the injuries to Hernandez, and Gronk have helped this team. They are now able to make better adjustments when either of them goes down. Really impressed that the offense didn't miss a beat once Gronk and Woodhead went down. Ridley and Vereen having good games is a great sign. Doesn't mean Brady has to do it all on his own, and he can rely on the running game a little bit. I'm glad to see Wilson progressing. Guy has the physical tools, and I hope that he can continue to improve. McCourty is so much better as a safety. I really feel comfortable with the backend when McCourty is there. Safeties are going to need to have a great game against the Ravens next week. Should be a really fun week, but the game is going to be murder for my heart.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Wow. Just shaking my head at this shit.

Lets go Falcons! Been a Matt Ryan fan my entire life, cant wait for him to tell Harbaugh to get the fuck off his field.

Godslay

Banned

You should definitely start with a good avatar.

Matrix

your DB's aren't good enough then.

Also, it Watt is the only one who can pressure the line.

This year... yes.

Last years D was just better. What a step backwards, though it can get fixed quicker than our O.

MechDX

Fuck let Barwin go. I don't even know what is going on with our cap, but Ninja is hella of a lot better than him. What a fluke season he had a year ago. He stinks, so watch the Texans hold on to him cause they can afford him now.

Dude needs to fix his hair and burn his letterman jacket, same with Cody.

We are like 12-13 million under the cap but Antonio eats up a large size sum. It will depend on if they feel crick is ready to step in and if Antonio will restructure which he probably will IMO

I like our DB's, the starters at least and Harris now as the nickel. DB's are exposed on ANY team when they get no rush from the front 7.

So you wait till now to post? Lmao. "Team is playing for something(Ed Reed retiring)". Dude really? Clearly you don't follow as close as you should. Get out while you still can.

It's out of respect to him because he's injured. You should join the Shirtless League, we act like it's a Fantasy Football league, but it's actually a Gronk Fanclub.

GRONK GRONK
I laughed really hard at my wife yesterday when Kaep got flagged for spiking the ball and she said, "it's not like he Gronked it or something..." Haha. The dude is hilarious, I have to admit.

brentech

So you wait till now to post? Lmao. "Team is playing for something(Ed Reed retiring)". Dude really? Clearly you don't follow as close as you should. Get out while you still can.
He's posted throughout the season(though in don't known who his team is). You on the other hand, I recall nothing up to a week ago or so.

Much like others and him, maybe I just don't remember you.

Godslay

Banned

Here's a good one to start with

is3PUZrCHMV5D.png

I think the injuries to Hernandez, and Gronk have helped this team. They are now able to make better adjustments when either of them goes down. Really impressed that the offense didn't miss a beat once Gronk and Woodhead went down. Ridley and Vereen having good games is a great sign. Doesn't mean Brady has to do it all on his own, and he can rely on the running game a little bit. I'm glad to see Wilson progressing. Guy has the physical tools, and I hope that he can continue to improve. McCourty is so much better as a safety. I really feel comfortable with the backend when McCourty is there. Safeties are going to need to have a great game against the Ravens next week. Should be a really fun week, but the game is going to be murder for my heart.

Brady said they had built a specific gameplan for Gronk and Woodhead.

Top Bottom