• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

2 spots open in the NeoGAFers FF league. Snake draft. Free. Drafting Sunday.

I might have to shut that bitch down if it doesn't fill up. Longest running GAF FF league dead. End of an era!

Is this free/ yahoo? (sorry haven't been following) I will join for fun if you need a body

ChanHuk

Banned
Maybe I'm just too use to having the Raiders let me down, seeing them with a winning record again seems like a fantasy. I do like these replacement refs though, since they don't have a bias against the Raiders they've been getting a lot less penalties! I'm positive it's that and not the refs being bad at their jobs.

The Raiders starters can play with just about anyone, they just lack depth, so injuries are a major concern for them. Especially with RunDMC, I pray he doesn't explode every time he touches the ball. Lil Wiz being out is a bigger deal than people realize. Our backup center has been getting driven back every single play. D-Line is stacked again but I wish Curry was healthy to knock out more Chargers LTs.

Actually 5+ sacks against the Chargers week 1. They have an undrafted rookie LT playing for Jared Gaither. Not exactly something you want protecting your QB's blindside. And probably no running game will lead to lots of passes and sacks.

chuckddd said:
The Steelers kept 6 rb's and 4 wr's. WTF
You know the final 53 at 9pm for many teams won't be the final 53 they go into the season with. Plenty of waiver wire to peruse and adjustments to be made.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You know the final 53 at 9pm for many teams won't be the final 53 they go into the season with. Plenty of waiver wire to peruse and adjustments to be made.

Yeah. But they cut a couple of receivers that I thought could help, but I'm guessing they figured there's a glut of wr's on the wire right now, anyways. Really fucking need some quality linebacker depth, though. Decimated by injuries.

Also, on the topic of fantasy football, fill rors' league first, then join -

Presenting the Straggler's Fantasy Football league.

Still want to play fantasy football with some gaffer's? It's not too late. Click the link to join!

LINK

Draft is set for 9/2 @ 2 pm eastern. The only requirement I have for joiners is to identify yourself when you join. Either make it obvious in your team name or post a note in the league.

JOIN. JOIN NOW!

Have 10, would like to make it 12.

Rorschach

Is this free/ yahoo? (sorry haven't been following) I will join for fun if you need a body
It's yahoo fantasy.

It says free in my post. :p

I might be interested. How do I sign up?

Let me know if you definitely want in and I'll send you the pass

What time you drafting ?

our live online draft is set for Sun Sep 2 12:00pm PDT [ Add to My Calendar ], which is 1 day, 21 hours, and 52 minutes from now. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time.

Bowser

NFCE
Giants
Eagles
Cowboys
Redskins

NFCS
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Buccaneers

NFCN
Packers
Bears
Lions
Vikings

NFCW
49ers
Seahawks
Rams
Cardinals

AFCE
Patriots
Bills
Jets
Dolphins

AFCS
Texans
Titans
Colts
Jaguars

AFCN
Steelers
Bengals
Ravens
Browns

AFCW
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs

11 of the 12 playoff teams from last year repeat? lololol

bionic77

Still ashamed of that SB win?
Embarassment of riches.

When you are this blessed with wins then you do feel for those who are not as fortunate. The Browns, Cardinals and Lions of the world. That is why in the offseason I volunteer as a Lakers fan.

cajunator

Banned
Looks like the Saint will wait till last minute to release the cut list.
Matt Tennant is gone, which means the new Olinemen are playing well.

Doorman

*Yaaaaaaaaawwwwww--uh? Wha? The preseason is over? We have an actual weekly thread finally?

Praise be! Finally I can return after the post-draft hangover and once again offer a complete lack of insight. It's been too long, NFL-GAF. Gooooooo Detwah!

Equus Bellator Apex

Wednesday, September 8th - Opening Night:

Sunday, September 9th:
IND at CHI

Lurk.gif

Has Doug Baldwin stood out for the Seahawks? I haven't watch a single preseason game of theirs so I know nothing about Russelin's targets.

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET: The Madden Curse begins.
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN: Peyton Manning returns to former glory.

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wake up and find out Skelton is the starter for Week 1, fun times. It'll be Kolb by week 5 and Lindley by week 14.

Cardinals really just need to tank a season. That division is so awful though that they always manage to get 5 or 6 wins in a season.

Cardinals really just need to tank a season. That division is so awful though that they always manage to get 5 or 6 wins in a season.
If all goes to plans we tank hard this season and pick up whoever is the top QB prospect. If we start out 1-6 again theres nothing to gain by finishing 8-8 like last season, just let the bottom fall out.

Also im 100% sure the only reason Skelton was chosen is because with the way our OL has been playing Kolb wouldn't last half a game, the guy is made out of glass or something.

jakncoke

Banned
If all goes to plans we tank hard this season and pick up whoever is the top QB prospect. If we start out 1-6 again theres nothing to gain by finishing 8-8 like last season, just let the bottom fall out.

Also im 100% sure the only reason Skelton was chosen is because with the way our OL has been playing Kolb wouldn't last half a game, the guy is made out of glass or something.

maybe your 2nd go around with 1st round usc qb will result in better results

18-1 is getting dat revenge this season

But Brady will get killed a lot, O-line is awful :(

Footballlllllllllllll is back, get the fuck out MLB

Top Bottom