• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Buckethead said:
How did he perform in NY?

I watched him a lot at MSU and I thought he'd make more of an impact that he has, it seems.
He started a couple of games for us in the middle when we still had a void there. He was a liability in coverage but played the run well. The coverage issues are par course for a young linebacker though and he was thrown into the starting lineup abruptly and wasn't calling plays because he was still learning the defense. He was developing though and played well on special teams.

Herzlich surpassed him on the depth chart in camp. He was better in coverage, faster etc. Jones was moved to the outside but the addition of Keith Rivers (who had an excellent preseason) all but guaranteed we were either going to cut him or Paysinger. Paysinger is our best ST player so he wasn't going anywhere.

I think he definitely has the talent to stick with another team.

Sanjuro

So... what do you guys think the Raiders record will be? 16-0? 15-1?

Really though, based on how they played in the pre-season if McFadden ever gets injured it doesn't seem like they have any chance at all to win the game. Maybe that's just because Moore was injured, but it seems to me like they're definitely going to have a worse season this year than they did last year.

I think Oakland can possibly be a 9-7 in that division.

Fox318

So... what do you guys think the Raiders record will be? 16-0? 15-1?

Really though, based on how they played in the pre-season if McFadden ever gets injured it doesn't seem like they have any chance at all to win the game. Maybe that's just because Moore was injured, but it seems to me like they're definitely going to have a worse season this year than they did last year.

Raiders will have a better record than the Chargers this year.

Wes

venison crêpe
Not shocked by Seneca and glad he's gone but Evan Moore? Probably has more to do with his injury than his skillset. But then again they seem to have put all their eggs in a basket for Jordan Cameron.

Well the depth is probably Watson, Cameron, Smith anyway. Moore was a glorified WR but without any glory.

I'm pissed David Sims got cut though.

Sokantish

Maybe I'm just too use to having the Raiders let me down, seeing them with a winning record again seems like a fantasy. I do like these replacement refs though, since they don't have a bias against the Raiders they've been getting a lot less penalties! I'm positive it's that and not the refs being bad at their jobs.

MechDX

. Would mean McCoy being traded I would think.

Somehow, sometime Colt will wind up with Kubiak in Houston. I have no evidence of this but he just seems like Kubiak/Smith/McNairs type of guy. They have kept Beck but if Colt could be had on the cheap I believe the Texans would be players and cut Beck.

So with the report that talks are going to start up again on Friday between the NFL and the refs, is there any chance they could have a deal done before Sunday or is this week a lock for the replacements?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ughh I don't understand this decision by the pats. What does this benefit? He was nothing in terms of salary, and who does it save a spot for? Bolden? I don't like this at all. Hopefully there is some truth to them bringing Gaffney back. Either way it's funny to see both of our outside recievers last year weren't even good enough to make the team this year. That being said they only brought in 1 who stuck, should've brought 2.

Tamanon

Banned
So with the report that talks are going to start up again on Friday between the NFL and the refs, is there any chance they could have a deal done before Sunday or is this week a lock for the replacements?

I think a deal will be done.

Then we can go back to complaining about the regular ref ineptitude.

Ughh I don't understand this decision by the pats. What does this benefit? He was nothing in terms of salary, and who does it save a spot for? Bolden? I don't like this at all. Hopefully there is some truth to them bringing Gaffney back. Either way it's funny to see both of our outside recievers last year weren't even good enough to make the team this year. That being said they only brought in 1 who stuck, should've brought 2.

They are thinking "fuck, why do we even need WR's when we got TE's". They will probably just put a warm body in the WR position to be legal.

The Dolphin that we signed this Summer. Phillip Merling. I thought those two were basically competing for the last DL spot.

Yeah. I recall the name (not going to pretend I keep that much track of the depth chart that far down though) but I hadn't heard anything positive about him. Muir had a little buzz at least even if he wasn't the best fit in our D. And he looked good yesterday

Bowser said:
I hear the Cards are in the market for a QB!
1st rounder and Adrian Wilson. Get'er done!

yankeehater said:
I was glad to see Hanson gone and Edwards definitely should have gotten the 3rd QB spot.
Edwards is warmed over shit. Not that Kafka is really any better to be frank but if you're down to your 3rd QB, you're fucked anyway.

I like Hanson. I have for awhile, now. I know you drafted his replacement but I'm honestly hoping the Giants give him a look for some CB depth behind Hosely in the slot.

MechDX

Jonathan Grimes cut by Texans. Kid can run the ball very well and plays with good intensity. Would be asset to a team needing a solid RB.

eznark

Banned
Yeah. I recall the name (not going to pretend I keep that much track of the depth chart that far down though) but I hadn't heard anything positive about him. Muir had a little buzz at least even if he wasn't the best fit in our D. And he looked good yesterday

Yeah, I'm surprised as well if that's how it goes. I honestly thought Merling was cut last week!

Eagles cut list is out:

S Oshiomogho Atogwe
TE Brett Brackett
LB Keenan Clayton
DT Landon Cohen
TE Chase Ford
WR Mardy Gilyard
WR Chad Hall
CB Joselio Hanson
FB Emil Igwenagu
T D.J. Jones
WR Marvin McNutt
LB Adrian Moten
DT Ollie Ogbu
LB Ryan Rau
DE Monte Taylor
S Phillip Thomas
DT Frank Trotter
OL Steve Vallos
OL Brandon Washington

Bowser

I like Hanson. I have for awhile, now. I know you drafted his replacement but I'm honestly hoping the Giants give him a look for some CB depth behind Hosely in the slot.

Panthers beat writers are saying that we may be interested in Hanson (were looking into trading for him before last season).

ATF487

Not sure if I like Branch being cut, he seemed to be less and less of a factor but he was always a great route runner and knew the offense well.

DiZ_O

Banned
Nothing like coming home to news of Seneca and the Browns parting ways. Thanks goodness. Also, since these are the Cleveland Browns, this will probably be the only good news all season long.

Dragon

Banned
Jre6n.png

Top Bottom