• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Not a Jellyfish said:
Wow...can't believe the Giants gave up that conversion, nuts.
Well, when you give the receiver a free release, single coverage and the 5th string DB gives up the inside position - you're fucked. They've been doing it all game long.

VALIS

icP1mvf6bc2T0.jpg

Cowboys did it. Tony looked great against 4th string corners. If he gets matched up with those kind of corners all season, he could have a career year

goldlion054 said:
Tony looked great against 4th string corners.
I won't sell him short. Dez made our first string corner look like shit and Romo did a helluva job avoiding pressure all game long. Cowboys outplayed us. Fair and square.

Their defense played extremely well also. Their corners are better despite Cruz having the dropsies tonight.

youngwerther said:
Giants 0-1, season over
We were 0-1 last season.:jnc

Draxal

I won't sell him short. Dez made our first string corner looked like shit and Romo did a helluva job avoid pressure all game long. Cowboys outplayed us. Fair and square.

Their defense played extremely well also. Their corners are better depite Cruz having the dropsies tonight.

Stashin Austin really fucked the Giant's tonight, Bernard and Joseph were gasssssed.

Even with this win this season looks like it's going to be like any other. Romo is surrounded by morons who he has to keep bailing out. Btw, was there any doubt that had they not gotten that first down that the defense would have easily allowed the giants to get another touchdown?

Striker

Cowboys did it. Tony looked great against 4th string corners. If he gets matched up with those kind of corners all season, he could have a career year

Romo always seems to have nice games versus Giants. Difference has been him missing open receivers or Eli out-dueling him, which didn't work this game because of drops and a piss poor run game on the GL.

Thats just a dumb thing to say.
It's true. Look how often teams get lucky winning 2 Super Bowls in five years.

acksman

Nice start, hopefully they can clean up the line a bit and string some wins together. Rangers and Cowboys win tonight. I'll take it!

Previous years "experts" kept calling the Cowboys one of the best in the NFC, saying they'd easily win the NFC East. They never performed to expectations.

This year, people are saying Cowboys suck and are worse than last year. Cowboys performed tonight and beat the Champs.

I don't think these experts are experts.

I won't sell him short. Dez made our first string corner looked like shit and Romo did a helluva job avoid pressure all game long. Cowboys outplayed us. Fair and square.

Their defense played extremely well also. Their corners are better depite Cruz having the dropsies tonight.

The Cowboys corners did look pretty good. Seems like Rob Ryan got his corners and press coverage scheme he wanted. Cowboys could be a scary team to play this year

MechDX

Someone asked this earlier:

wingoz trey wingo
the SB Champs winning streak.. in jeopardy. remember NO SB champ has lost a season opener since they went to week night prime time, 8-0
26 minutes ago

I am actually surprised the Giants looked so bad tonight. I kinda expected them to come out on fire this year like they did in '08. Obviously there's still time, but it didn't look promising.

I am actually surprised the Giants looked so bad tonight. I kinda expected them to come out on fire this year like they did in '08. Obviously there's still time, but it didn't look promising.

It's pretty much fact that almost every champion in team sports underperforms the next year.

It's how life goes.

Top Bottom