• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

I'm gonna love this defense man... It's awesome to not see Tnew out there. I'd actually like to see if Jenkins can take over the slot; I have no trust in Orlando.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
sYeWn.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-9z7sad.gif
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-7c6sgd.gif
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-6rwsy7.gif

There was around 10 or so gifs I didn't post, didn't want to post too many.

Anyway, enjoyed the game, mainly the second half, first was a little boring. Looking forward to the rest of the season, not sure about what team to follow, will probably just watch the games that they broadcast here.

What country are you in? I hear that in Mexico they mainly only broadcast Cowboys and Patriots games, so most Mexicans are fans of one of those teams.

Zeke

LJ11

In essence, I was expecting (and still am, I suppose) that the SB win wasn't a fluke.

Blame their opponents I guess, they were outplayed when it mattered.

Webster had a terrible night, one reliable corner they have and he was roasted. Seems like he's been really up and down the last couple of years.

JPP may be one of the best players in football already, I don't think I've seen a defensive like him before. Tremendous player.

Murray is Fred Jackson 2.0 if you ask me, very similar players, loved him at OU.

I know Giant fans give Gilbride shit, Bills fans did too, but those switch routes kill DBs, create good separation and big plays when corners get lost. Peerless Price, never forget, dude banked because of Gilbride.

One more response to Gigglepoo

Gigglepoo said:
Um...

I'm a Niners fan. I've been posting here for years.
You misunderstood my comment. You said the Giants are a frustrating regular season team. I'm telling you to trying being one of their fans! It's enormously frustrating.

LJ11 said:
I know Giant fans give Gilbride shit
I'm not one of them. I like most of the stuff he puts on the field. There will be some boneheaded play calls every now and again but what offensive coordinator doesn't?

Tabris

0-16

journey starts tonight new jersey

0/2. What stat is that? Number of Pats Superbowl victories since they had to stop cheating.

It's just one game. D didn't get the ball into Eli's hands for 4th quarter magic but next game they will. No need to worry folks. Just b-Eli-eve.

Here's an interesting question.

With the Cowboys sitting two-deep zone, why didn't the Giants utilize Bradshaw underneath more? or Martelius Bennett on the seam route? The only play I really saw him run that route was the TD score, but I'd have to see if I can get my hands on that "All 32" gametape thing (what is it called and how much is it) to confirm.

squicken

Murray is Fred Jackson 2.0 if you ask me, very similar players, loved him at OU.

I know Giant fans give Gilbride shit, Bills fans did too, but those switch routes kill DBs, create good separation and big plays when corners get lost. Peerless Price, never forget, dude banked because of Gilbride.

Houston fans gave him crap b/c of run and shoot but that was Pardee's offense. He did a good job of getting it working in pros until teams caught on to just killing Moon

I think I saw nearly every snap Murray took in college and wanted nothing to do with him as a pro. Was always getting hurt. He runs so violently like AP, but isn't as gifted. Glad to see him doing well. At least OU can produce good RBs

Tabris

Look at Eli, he dosent care about regular season loses. He knows he has the playoffs on lock

This man knows what's up. 13-3 or 9-7, doesn't matter as Eli will be ready for the playoffs.

Just incase I didn't say it before, the Superbowl prediction is MANNING BOWL. Peyton vs Eli in Super-Manningbowl I

Dragon

Banned
0/3 actually. This is football, your attempts at getting to me through the Canucks won't work. It just makes me feel good that you couldn't form a football related comeback.

Why should I bother? You're as much of an NFL fan as Rick DiPietro is an NHL caliber goalie.

LJ11

Houston fans gave him crap b/c of run and shoot but that was Pardee's offense. He did a good job of getting it working in pros until teams caught on to just killing Moon

I think I saw nearly every snap Murray took in college and wanted nothing to do with him as a pro. Was always getting hurt. He runs so violently like AP, but isn't as gifted. Glad to see him doing well. At least OU can produce good RBs

When Gilbride was in Buffalo he'd do stupid shit on the 3rd and short situations, those trap runs out of the gun, or not running at all on third and short. But he did get a lot of mileage out of T.Henry in every respect, WRs did great as well. Just got too pass happy. Good screen and playaction game though.

Murray's looking to hit someone, you saw it tonight. Dude is running down the sideline and cuts back inside to drop his shoulder into three defenders. Faster than Fred, might not be as elusive. It's their vision that's similar, and their ability to pass catch. Murray was a pretty good receiver out the backfield at OU, really overlooked in that department.

Always liked him, more violent version of Fred.

squicken said:
wtf Dallas didn't punt in the second half?
We had three possessions all of the second half.:jnc

Dallas had a huge game clock sucking drive with 26 penalties in the 4th quarter. The one that ended with a 1st and 30 and a TD pass where Antrel Rolle was getting his toe nails done.

Enron

Banned
Here's an interesting question.

With the Cowboys sitting two-deep zone, why didn't the Giants utilize Bradshaw underneath more? or Martelius Bennett on the seam route? The only play I really saw him run that route was the TD score, but I'd have to see if I can get my hands on that "All 32" gametape thing (what is it called and how much is it) to confirm.

Because Bennett sucks copious amounts of ass. I nearly fell out of my chair when he got that TD. That's literally the highlight of his awful career.

Top Bottom