• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

eznark

Banned
The Cowboys corners did look pretty good. Seems like Rob Ryan got his corners and press coverage scheme he wanted. Cowboys could be a scary team to play this year

Giants had 5 drops and Eli skied two open receivers on big gainers. The Cowboys secondary was lucky, not good.

evilhomer

untitled-133xslg.gif

LMAO!

This is awesome.

Godslay

Banned
Worst part about this whole game is that we won't get to see Orton, barring injury. Even with Romo having a good game, he can't lead this team to the promise land.

squicken

One game though it always sucks to lose home games in the division. NFC is going to be tough this year. great win for the Cowboys. Their D looks so much better and Romo looked great. I'll try not to let their awful fans ruin the enjoyment of watching the team play

Tough loss on the Giants but they did it to themselves. Tony Romo played a excellent game and made the plays, he wasn't the reason Cowboys lost those matchups last year. Made good reads and really went after the weak links on the Giants.

Giants really have some issues to work out, O-line stunk and now it looks like CB is still the injury bug this year. Can't wait to hear Coe is out for the year.

Elfforkusu said:
I kinda expected them to come out on fire this year like they did in '08. Obviously there's still time, but it didn't look promising.
They'll be 6-2 as usual. They are never less than 6-2 after the first 8 games. I won't overreact to one shitty performance. That said, major issues with the secondary and major fucking issues with the offensive line.

Congrats to Cowboys fans. Good game tonight.

Draxal

I am actually surprised the Giants looked so bad tonight. I kinda expected them to come out on fire this year like they did in '08. Obviously there's still time, but it didn't look promising.

Injuries, carrying so many on the roster that are hurt right now and hoping they play in week 2 (corners/dt's especially). Offence, I don't like Hixon as much as the rest of the Giant's fans, will make a great play once in a while ... but Manningham was a better player. Our oline is a weakpoint, Diehl has a gigantic fork sticking out of his back.

They'll be 6-2 as usual. They are never less than 6-2 after the first 8 games. I won't overreact to one shitty performance. That said, major issues with the secondary and major fucking issues with the offensive line.

Congrats to Cowboys fans. Good game tonight.
6-2 would be close enough to my expectations, we'll see if they get it straightened out.

Striker

Injuries, carrying so many on the roster that are hurt right now and hoping they play in week 2 (corners/dt's especially). Offence, I don't like Hixon as much as the rest of the Giant's fans, will make a great play once in a while ... but Manningham was a better player. Our oline is a weakpoint, Diehl has a gigantic fork sticking out of his back.
Course Mario was better but he also had his own issues. The WR's overall weren't bad, but Cruz's drops were big. Nicks is still recovering from his own injuries. The loss was on the defense not making plays in the 2nd half, corners lapsing in coverage with NO SAFETY HELP, and the OL being trash for most of the game. Dave Diehl had an awful, awful game, and Rolle needs to cut his salary in half.

LJ11

I am actually surprised the Giants looked so bad tonight. I kinda expected them to come out on fire this year like they did in '08. Obviously there's still time, but it didn't look promising.

Same OL minus McKenzie, same injuries at cornerback, and injuries on the interior DL. Not sure what you were expecting. Different year, same problems.

Good game by the Cowboys. Seemed like they were just having their way with the Giants D tonight. If you're a Giants fan, do you worry now or is there time to right the ship?

Elfforkusu said:
6-2 would be close enough to my expectations
It's always been the narrative. The team starts strong and then slides in the second half of the season. The '07 season we started by giving up over 80 points in the first two games of the season. The defense looked HORRID. Then we rattled off 6 wins in a row.

I'll worry if they lose their first 3.

eznark

Banned
Good game by the Cowboys. Seemed like they were just having their way with the Giants D tonight. If you're a Giants fan, do you worry now or is there time to right the ship?

They need to start dismantling now before it is too late, obviously. And fire Coughlin.

Very sloppy night, but the opening couple of weeks always feature the worst play of the year. I'm honestly surprised the Cowboys won. Given the night I thought the Giants would be all fired up and intense as hell.

Draxal

Course Mario was better but he also had his own issues. The WR's overall weren't bad, but Cruz's drops were big. Nicks is still recovering from his own injuries. The loss was on the defense not making plays in the 2nd half, corners lapsing in coverage with NO SAFETY HELP, and the OL being trash for most of the game. Dave Diehl had an awful, awful game, and Rolle needs to cut his salary in half.

Not scoring that touchdown from 1 and 2 on the one hurt a ton, mind your our oline sucks, but that second down call was ... ugh. I don't see how you could bunch at the point of attack like that.

Dragon

Banned
Are you one of those people that think anything other than winning the Superbowl matters?

If you won the Superbowl and don't win it the next year, you underperformed. This is a fact.

You responded to someone who was talking about how the champs started the next year. Like I said moving argument.

Top Bottom