• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Drakeon

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI - I wouldn't be surprised if this is real close, I don't think Colts are a bottom 5 team in the league.
ATL at KC - Went with KC because they're at home, would've gone with Atlanta if it was there.
PHI at CLE - Poor Browns fans :(
WAS at NO - Hoping I'm wrong, would love nothing more than to see RGIII upset the Saints.
STL at DET - Even as banged up as Detroit is, this is the rams we're talking about here, they're a joke until they prove otherwise.
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN - I feel like these two teams are both awful, but that the Jaguars defense is the best unit on the field. Jags win 9-6
BUF at NYJ - Feel like I might be regretting this, only went with Jets because its at home. Really wanted to go with Buffalo.
MIA at HOU - I don't think it'll be a blowout, but Houston should still have this pretty easily.
SEA at ARI
SF at GB - So excited for this game, cannot wait.
CAR at TB - I'm going to assume the Buccs are still bad until they prove otherwise.
PIT at DEN - This one will be close, but Steelers are more banged up.

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

Yea, I picked too many away teams.

TheChits

I don't understand how GB/SF isn't the game of the week. Everyone wanted to see them duel it out last year and now that they finally do, it's just a regular fox afternoon game.

Yeah I thought this was silly as well. Definitely the best matchup this week

Steelers cuts:

Trai Essex
Jeremy Kapinos (waived injured)
Damon Cromartie-Smith
Terrence Frederick
Josh Victorian
Brandon Hicks
Marshall McFadden
Corbin Bryant (waived injured)
Igbinosun Ikponmwosa
Jake Stoller
Jerrod Johnson
DuJuan Harris
Tyler Beiler
Toney Clemons
David Gilreath
Marquis Maze
Derrick Williams
Ryan Lee
John Malecki
Chris Scott

Clemons was our 7th round draft pick. Him, Lee, Ikponmwosa, Johnson, and Gilreath will probably make the practice squad.

Essex might be taken back after Decastro is put on IR for the regular season, at a non guaranteed salary.

Nothing real shocking there though I think if the Steelers didn't have the rash of LB injuries and the banged up RBs that Gilreath could have been WR5. I also would have liked to see Johnson be the third QB...but then again, with Lefty/Chaz, an injury is only like hours away so they'll probably have him on speed dial.

Kiryu

I don't understand how GB/SF isn't the game of the week. Everyone wanted to see them duel it out last year and now that they finally do, it's just a regular fox afternoon game.
Last year, Green Bay Packers had the game of the week against New Orleans Saints.

That's only my logical guess.... <.<

Because everyone knows the Niners are due for a letdown season. 8-8 here you come.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
0LnKv.jpg

He has come to Mile High to deliver this team to the promised land!

GO BRONCOS!

^5

Finally a real Quarterback under Center again. I forgot what that was like.

bluemax

Banned
9 out of the Seahawks 10 draft picks made the 53 today. That's pretty incredible.

I watched him a lot in college.

Based on your love of Kolb and Moore you must not be too familiar with the power structure of college football.

Only 6 players on the Seahawks roster are over 30, and only 2 of them are starters with 1 of those 2 being the punter. Average age of players on the roster is 26.19.

Only 5 players from the previous GMs drafts are still on the roster.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This pic makes me a bit sad now.

[IG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9jg7eD5ah1qci7aeo1_500.jpg[/IMG]

Branch looks so happy.

That's actually one of the first things I thought of. It felt like they were all comfortable, relaxing waiting for the season to start. Weird to let go of him... at the very least he's a great guy to have around the team.

JABEE

Jonathan Grimes cut by Texans. Kid can run the ball very well and plays with good intensity. Would be asset to a team needing a solid RB.

He's from my home town. He went transferred to Paul VI when he hit high school, because he wanted to do music. Hopefully he winds up on someone's team. I'm rooting for him.

verbum

Fair weather is here and so am I. Rooting for the Falcons.
Why does there have to be playoffs? The Falcons do OK until the playoffs. How about the four teams with the best record play two Super Bowls and then the winners play a Superduper Bowl?
Everyone would rake in the money with three Super Bowls a year. And at least the Falcons would play in a Super Bowl before being knocked out every year.

LuchaShaq

Banned
As a long time Bills fan :( who follows about ZERO in the off season. (Watch usually two games a week during season but usually ignore off season until end of August).

Am I setting myself up for heartbreak believing the people saying we might get 10 wins/playoffs/end the curse of idiot wade phillips replacing Flutie with Rob no balls Johnson?

Why did we trade for Tavaris when we had Vince Young. Vince did lead that Titans team to a great record the last time he was sane/was starting every game right 13-3?.

Everyone says we overpaid for Mario Williams but he has always seemed pretty great when I've seen him play, or is he a bust outside of sacks?

jakncoke

Banned
As a long time Bills fan :( who follows about ZERO in the off season. (Watch usually two games a week during season but usually ignore off season until end of August).

Am I setting myself up for heartbreak believing the people saying we might get 10 wins/playoffs/end the curse of idiot wade phillips replacing Flutie with Rob no balls Johnson?

Why did we trade for Tavaris when we had Vince Young. Vince did lead that Titans team to a great record the last time he was sane/was starting every game right 13-3?.

Everyone says we overpaid for Mario Williams but he has always seemed pretty great when I've seen him play, or is he a bust outside of sacks?

Vince Young is horrible, and was a pile of shit in the preseason

Are college football games fun to visit and are tickets easy to buy? The atmosphere always looks like a lot of fun, plus it might be cheaper than a NFL game (Or is that not the case?).

effzee

Kinda perplexed by some of the Eagles cuts.

We cut the only veteran depth we had at Safety in Atogwe. We keep 4 RBs but are super thin at Safety.

And why cut Hanson? Good CB depth is vital and we could have kept him as #4 CB.

Also coverage maps by Monday?

squicken

Rams cut Kellen Clemens, so the backup is now an UDFA. Clemens sucked so they will probably try to grab someone off waivers. Second priority to Colts, which they'll need. No depth at DT.

K-19

Banned

We cut the only veteran depth we had at Safety in Atogwe. We keep 4 RBs but are super thin at Safety.

I noticed there is a tendency to offer more defence than offense. Maybe they read the Grantland.com article about the effectiveness of an offensive team compared to a defensive team. Or maybe their contracts costed a lot.

Heh, just noticed Miami cut Chris Hogan. I guess 7-11 isn't open for business anymore.
Could of been a cool story if he made it
Foster dropped to number five in my fantasy league. There are no words.
All depends on your settings and number of teams, one of my leagues is basically a 2qb with tons of bonus points. It still surprises me when people take rbs in the top in this league. My first two picks were Qbs(Brees,Cutler) didn't take a Rb till about 6th or 7 (Hillis). Foster fell pretty far though. Highest Rb went 3rd (Rice)

bionic77

It's ok, you are dumb so I will explain it to you.

This is Peyton's first game in a very long time and people want to see if he still has it.

We already know the Packers and Niners are regular season frauds.

Atogwe is hurt and couldnt play. They cut Hanson last year to. They brought him back and he was terrible last year. He was behind both Boykins and Marsh so there was no point in keeping him and having to cut one of the DE's.

Top Bottom